Peters: How To Lose A War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/57943.htm

The Dems are looking to throw the game just to embarrass the Bush administration.

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Great article...it is superflorous to say I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly, but I do.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yeah, I find it frightening that they really do seem willing to cause such harm in the world. Seriously frightening.

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Excellent article!! Said so simply.

5. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    The Dems are pushing us to defeat. The defeat will trigger a civil war. Not in Iraq. Here in America. I , for one citizen, will no longer live in peace with Democrats. They have no belief in this nation. No belief in this society. No belief in democracy. No belief in capitalism. No belief in Western thought. No belief in God. After they succeed in our defeat to the terrrorists they can be no solution for those that still are Americans but to fight them. I'd like to say I hope I'm wrong but if one party in this country is not content until this country faces defeat before Islamic terrorism then civil war is not only necessary it is inevitable.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm afraid it's the GOP that's failing us on this one. They have the big stick and aren't using it. If the dems "win" and we leave Iraq in a mess, we have no one to blame but the ones who quit fighting and stopped the agressive approach to dealing with islamo-facisism and that would be the GOP who have gone soft.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    I wish I could say you are wrong. But the people aren't going to take all this crap forever. We have a large segment of the population, one large enough to control a political party, who have such a strong distrust and contempt for the views of the people trying to undermine the defense of the people so they can get their power back. Meanwhile we have the other party that refuses to listen to the people and actually do what they were elected to do.

Things are going to get ugly.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I think that Bush needs to hold a national press conference and read this article to the entire nation.

We need to be reminded what fleeing Iraq would mean, now and in the long run. We need to know what message we would be sending to terrorists (and we need a history lesson reminding us that it was our actions after the first Gulf War, the embassy bombings, the USS Cole, Somalia, and the 1st WTC bombing that led to an increased confidence in the terrorists), we need to know that this would be a victory for the terrorists...plain and simple.

We need to be reminded that no nation would ever trust the US as an ally in war again...because they would know we will run when things get ugly.

We also need a strong GOP to stand up and point out that the Dems want us to lose...they want to run...and that they don't care about the consequences, as long as one of the consequences is their victories in 2006 and 2008.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Republicans are going to pander, rather than stand strong.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    No, i dont think the President needs to do it. I think the President of Iraq needs to do it.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I hate to disagree, seems the people of Iraq overwhelmingly are supporting what he and we are doing. The problem is here, Gem is correct.