Peter Schiff Officially Running for Senate in CT

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Peter Schiff, the broker, author and financial pundit from Weston who has already taken in more than $1 million in campaign contributions and hired a staff, is expected to announce on national television this morning that he is running for the U.S. Senate seat held by Christopher Dodd.

Schiff supporters throughout the nation have been pushing his candidacy since at least January, but he said he would not enter the race unless he had raised $1 million, a threshold he crossed earlier this month. Schiff is scheduled to appear on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" show at 8:15 a.m. today.

Peter Schiff May Launch Run For Senate On TV Today -- Courant.com

He just made the official announcement on Morning Joe and he's officially going to be running in the Republican primary for Chris Dodd's seat. Connecticut now has the chance to elect somebody who actually understands economics, unlike Chris Dodd.

[youtube]2I0QN-FYkpw[/youtube]

http://www.schiffforsenate.com

Who the fuck is that?

(Please don't interpret my question as that I even care the slightest...because if I did, I would look him up to find out who he is. As it stands, I care so little about this subject matter that I will not even check back on this thread to see if it was answered. Therefore, consider the above question rhetorical and just ignore it.)

Who the fuck is that?

(Please don't interpret my question as that I even care the slightest...because if I did, I would look him up to find out who he is. As it stands, I care so little about this subject matter that I will not even check back on this thread to see if it was answered. Therefore, consider the above question rhetorical and just ignore it.)

I have a feeling you won't be able to resist looking back in just to see if anybody did answer your question despite you telling us not to, so I'll answer it. Peter Schiff is the man who predicted that this recession would happen years before it did. You can watch the video I provided to see him predicting it while getting laughed at by other economists who, of course, turned out to be dead wrong.

I listened to him recently and he came across as another moonie libertarian ideologue. Whenever anyone gets into these materialistic interpretations of economics, I wonder have they ever encountered human behavior in all its complexity both good and bad?

I listened to him recently and he came across as another moonie libertarian ideologue. Whenever anyone gets into these materialistic interpretations of economics, I wonder have they ever encountered human behavior in all its complexity both good and bad?
Most of what happens in economics is materialistic because people are materialistic, you half-wit.

better a libertarian that believes government should take less from us and allow people to be responsible for themselves than a moon eyed moonbat who believes government should take everything from us and enact liberty ending laws "for our own good"

A "libertarian ideologue" that predicted our current recession when none of the Keynesians you cling to did. I wonder why that was? As for human behavior, it's the very back bone of Austrian economics. It's why Mises titled his magnum opus Human Action and why he defined praxeology as the science of human action.

While I'm disappointed in his errors in 2008 about foreign equities and the Dollar, I still respect him in a way that I'd be happy to have him represent the people of this country.

He should get Ron Paul money too, which will be a boost for his campaign. He also ought to use some of his own wealth, because this is probably the most important thing he's ever done in his life. What better way to spend your fortune?

A "libertarian ideologue" that predicted our current recession when none of the Keynesians you cling to did. I wonder why that was? As for human behavior, it's the very back bone of Austrian economics. It's why Mises titled his magnum opus Human Action and why he defined praxeology as the science of human action.
All economics is based upon human actions.

But the contemptibly arrogant Keynesian technocrats and their cargo cultists in politics, pop culture and the media believe that they're mass mind readers and herders of humanity.

Who the fuck is that?

A Paultard.

Who the fuck is that?

A Paultard.

I don't think equating Ron Paul with the mentally challenged is accurate, especially considering both Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, along with other Austrian economists, predicted this recession years before it occurred.

Who the fuck is that?

I have a feeling you won't be able to resist looking back in just to see if anybody did answer your question despite you telling us not to, so I'll answer it. Peter Schiff is the man who predicted that this recession would happen years before it did. You can watch the video I provided to see him predicting it while getting laughed at by other economists who, of course, turned out to be dead wrong.

You got me!

Who the fuck is that?

A Paultard.

I don't think equating Ron Paul with the mentally challenged is accurate, especially considering both Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, along with other Austrian economists, predicted this recession years before it occurred.
Its more of a play on other terms like "libtard" and such...

dodd is going to get owned and another voice of reason will enter D.C.

I hope he does better running the nation's finances than the finances of his clients, some which were down as much as 70% last year (allegedly.)

Well he has to win the election before he can come near the nation's finances, but as to his clients. He acknowledges that they got hit hard last year, I don't know about 70%, but he says they're also doing much better this year than people still in American stocks.

Forum List

Back