Peter Schiff lives to fight another day

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Peter Schiff eked out a place in the GOP Senate primary field Monday, locking up a spot on the Aug. 10 ballot against heavy favorite Linda McMahon and candidate-in-absentia Rob Simmons.

Needing 8,268 Connecticut Republicans to sign his petitions, Schiff collected 8,697 valid signatures from registered GOP members, according to the Secretary of the State's Office.

Schiff lives to fight another day against McMahon - Connecticut Post

Schiff is the only person in Connecticut history to petition their way onto a statewide ballot.

He'd prob be the smartest person on economics in Congress if he were to win.

Always like this guy, he was like a lone wolf calling the housing collapse before it happened and stood tall as he was ridiculed. Bet he made some bank though.

I saw him on CNBC's Fast Money the other day. One of the hosts asked him what would he do if his investment thesis was wrong. He said "There is no chance I am wrong!"

I think he will be right and am betting pretty heavily that he will be, but I would never give a dime to any money manager who said he had no chance he was wrong. Those are the guys that will run you off the cliff.

I bet Schiff won't see the top, and he'll be pounding the table on $10,000 gold when it tops at $2000 or $3000 or wherever it is going, then heads straight down. I think there is a pretty high probability that eventually, he will destroy his firm, and many, many former clients will be disaffected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back