Peter Jennings Diagnosed With Lung Cancer

Dang. I would rather he get healthy and leave the airwaves in shame like Rather. I hope strongly that he is able to battle this into submission and continue in his work.

I hate how he transformed into a Rather clone but he had one shining moment back in the early 90's
remember Clinton's darkest days over Bosnia... when the Europeans were useless, bickering over who should cave in to Milosevic first, when the UN had peacekeepers watching massacres daily, hell, when the damn peacekeepers were being taken hostage by the serbs and paraded on TV and Slick Willy was dithering over what to do (remember Warren Christopher?)

After an especially harsh day in Bosnia, where Serb snipers killed children, lobbed mortar shells into a crowded market and slaughtered an entire village, Jennings goes off on the air

"another day of fierce Serb aggression, dozens dead, hundreds wounded, and no one did a damn thing to stop them!"

For a kid growing up, with parents in the Army bitterly wondering why the facism their fathers fought in WW2 was being allowed to reappear in all of its nastiness in Europe and lamenting the plight of the bosnians, it was a formative moment and I respect Jennings even to this day for doing it.

Peter Jennings bout with cancer may just be Gods will to wake up those who say one thing then do another...You cannot have it both ways in the ultimate Judge of life! As my grandaughter told me the other day...Life is a report card to God..you either pass or fail...Gotta love the young they have not lost the contact to God...only us the lost old farts who are more concerned about our potfolios! :bangheads

-Cp said:
Good times - hopefully another liberal will be signing off the airways...
This is a truly reprehensible remark. What kind of man says "good times" in response to the suffering of another? You need some serious therapy Cp.

onedomino said:
This is a truly reprehensible remark. What kind of man says "good times" in response to the suffering of another? You need some serious therapy Cp.

Freedom of speech is a good thing.

:)

onedomino said:

Guess he doesn't expect our sympathy when/if something similar happens to him.

Keep thinking like that CP and you will have something similar or worse. Those who wish others ill will unjustly are bound to pay for it in the end.

onedomino said:

Look at the context - It's "good times" in the sense that I'm hoping he'll stop working his job....

Additionally. would it be okay to say "good times" in the context in which you think I'm talking of to someone like Bin Laden?

There are certainly times when I rejoice in other human's suffering:

Times when I wanted to throw a party:

1. The death of Saddam's son's
2. The capture of Saddam
3. The killing of many Taliban
4. The death of Timothy McVay
5. The imprisonment and death of Jeffrey Dahmer

Need I go on?

Now you're saying "But you can't compare Peter Jennings to those guys" - In a way, I can... If he's spilling out left-wing propaganda that hurts the morale of our troops - then to me, he's a homeland terrorist...

But I digress.... as I mentioned, the "good times" I first said wasn't in the context of which I just laid out...

Thanks for the negative rep! :D

NATO AIR said:
Guess he doesn't expect our sympathy when/if something similar happens to him.

Keep thinking like that CP and you will have something similar or worse. Those who wish others ill will unjustly are bound to pay for it in the end.

Really? Where's your evidence for that?

NATO AIR said:
Bad karma's a motherfucker. Saddam and the Taliban found that out, as do wicked and mean people everyday, in this life or the next.

Jennings isn't evil or wicked, just a liberal idiot. having him on the news is a good thing, as he and the others go ever more overboard trying to ruin bush and the republicans more and more of the general populace will realize it and tune him out. Then ABC has to face facts and change its content and spin on the issues in the news. The same ol liberal bullshit won't cut it anymore

NATO AIR said:
Bad karma's a motherfucker. Saddam and the Taliban found that out, as do wicked and mean people everyday, in this life or the next.

I guess that's if you believe in "karma"...

Forum List

Back