Peter Falk Dead

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Man, he was one of my all time favs. Even got an autographed pic of him when I was like ten and Columbo was in its hay-day.

Peter Falk, the Emmy-winning star of 'Columbo,' has died. He was 83.

CBS Radio News confirmed via a family spokesperson that Falk died on the evening of June 23.

Falk is survived by wife Shera Danese Falk and adopted daughters Jackie and Catherine. After Falk fell ill following a surgical procedure in 2009, Shera Danese released a statement on PeterFalk.com, placing the site on hiatus.

Falk suffered from dementia and late in his life he reportedly could not recall his most famous character, Columbo.

Bummer. :(

His Columbo character was an American icon. He will be missed, he was a great actor even without Columbo

Yes, a good actor.

The Colombo role was built for him.

columbo-columbo-d5436-.jpg

RIP Peter.

Placing his site on hiatus?

Really?

I read somewhere that they based the whole of the series on the interview between the detective and Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment. Smart ass jerk ass suspect and seemingly clueless detective.
It worked pretty well.

He will be missed, one of the funniest movies was him and Alan Arkin in "The In-laws".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1WxSITwWw]YouTube - ‪The In Laws - Alan Arkin Peter Falk - Serpentine! Serpentine! (1979)‬‏[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ossining NY native. He only had one eye but he made his squint work for his rumpled trenchcoat wearing detective character.

Peter Falk was on a british talk show a few years ago. I could tell he was'nt well back
then. He entertained millions with his TV show still being shown regularly on british TV.
God bless Peter.

Yes, a good actor.

The Colombo role was built for him.

columbo-columbo-d5436-.jpg

RIP Peter.

Placing his site on hiatus?

Really?

I read earlier somewhere that his wife put the site on hiatus months ago when he first fell ill... Never been there, so I don't know...

Loved watching Columbo as a kid. RIP Mr Falk

He was also in The Brinks Job movie based on the real life story of a robbery in Boston.

69181.jpg

Forum List

Back