Peta wants Ben & Jerry's to use human milk.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk - News Story - WNBC | New York

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

I cant make this stuff up? Now what are your feeling on human milk instead of cow's milk?

i hate it.... stress of milk for calves? huh?

sheesh.... perfect example of taking things too far

If the milk didn't come from a cow it is just a pale imitation. Likely it's less stressful than the bullet that begins the conversion process from Happy Cows to Happy Meals.

If the milk didn't come from a cow it is just a pale imitation. Likely it's less stressful than the bullet that begins the conversion process from Happy Cows to Happy Meals.

Actually, while I hate PETA and love cows milk, each mammal produces the milk that that species should be drinking. That's why people become lactose intolerant (and I am one such person). Just think though, how weird it would be to get the milk we are suppose to be drinking, as determined by nature. *shudders*

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

I cant make this stuff up? Now what are your feeling on human milk instead of cow's milk?

I'm sure they don't expect it to happen. But they bring up an interesting point.
First of all, human milk would be probably be better for our digestive tracks.
Second, if you've ever witnessed newborn calves being separated from their mothers it's heartbreaking enough to make you consider boycotting milk and milk products.

My mom grew up on a dairy farm and has said it more humain to milk the cows! They are called dairy cows for a reason, they were bred to produse more milk. THis is also why also women pump, because they produce more then the baby needs. Peta is nuts!
Also another bit of info humans are the only animal that is born craving sugar, our breastmilk has a sweeter taste then cows milks which is why they used to make formula with cows milk and caro syrup!

There's nothing terribly humane about breeding cows to a point at which their bodies become freak of nature milk machines injected with growth hormones, nor humane about removing their offspring at birth, despite their protests and the trauma caused to the calves, so as to cash in on all the milk.

Hey, let's be honest about how we get our milk and milk products.

Dairy cows may have a slightly better life than cattle raised in feedlots, but they wouldn't exist at all, if we didn't create them.

There's nothing terribly humane about breeding cows to a point at which their bodies become freak of nature milk machines injected with growth hormones, nor humane about removing their offspring at birth, despite their protests and the trauma caused to the calves, so as to cash in on all the milk.

Dairy cows may have a slightly better life than cattle raised in feedlots, but they wouldn't exist at all, if we didn't create them.
My brother is a rancher and raises cows, more and more ranchers are doing things more humaine. My brothers ranch is open rage no feed lots and no chips, everything natural. A big reason for the change is mad cow disease! The number one buyer for the sort of beef my brother raises is companies out of England.

Um, the one flaw in that is the fact that cows themselves were bred from other species by humans. They are not a naturally occurring species. Humans already 'created' them through breeding, so really, they are already 'freaks of nature'.

My brother is a rancher and raises cows, more and more ranchers are doing things more humaine. My brothers ranch is open rage no feed lots and no chips, everything natural. A big reason for the change is mad cow disease! The number one buyer for the sort of beef my brother raises is companies out of England.

That's great!! I think he will do well because this stuff matters to more and more people.

LMFAO! I think you made it up.:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but, y'know, it's that whole food chain thing. Better them than us.

Yeah, but, y'know, it's that whole food chain thing. Better them than us.

I suppose that would make sense if you really believed eating lots of meat and dairy products was actually healthy.

That's great!! I think he will do well because this stuff matters to more and more people.
They do very well already, it is a co op I think they call it ranch so he has part of the ranch. They can sale the beef for more because of the way they raise it. They also have a way of monitoring the cow to make sure it never recieves anything unnatural from him all the way to the sale of the beef! I am not sure how it works.
I do know if you hit a cow on open range it is around 1,000 or more dollars.

New Topics

Forum List

Back