PETA Protests Butterfly Release

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
LOS ANGELES -- There won't be a butterfly release at Saturday's conclusion of the Flight of the Butterfly Festival.

The animal rights activist group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals protested the release of 1,000 butterflies, saying it was inhumane and cruel.

Instead, festival organizers at the Lake Elsinore Outlets will float butterfly-shaped balloons.

The outlet says it decided to scrub the butterfly release after receiving a letter from PETA requesting a more humane culmination to the event.

PETA says such releases are used mostly for wedding celebrations and memorials. But a spokeswoman says butterflies have to struggle to get out of envelopes and boxes.

Link

Unfreaking believable!

Strange story, lol...

Putting butterflies in envelopes?

That does sound sort of cruel.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Strange story, lol...

Putting butterflies in envelopes?

That does sound sort of cruel.

-Not half as cruel as putting envelopes inside of butterflies.

These guys need to get a life.

Originally posted by mattskramer
I wonder what PETA does about ants, termites, and roaches.

And fungi, amoeba, and maggots. How about germs, bateria and parasites?

genetically stop their metamorphosis and they can remain safely disguised as caterpillers. No one wants a bunch of caterpillers released at their wedding

Originally posted by dilloduck
genetically stop their metamorphosis and they can remain safely disguised as caterpillers. No one wants a bunch of caterpillers released at their wedding
:teeth: That's funny.

Originally posted by mattskramer
It is all relative. There is a lone ant crawling on my desk "SQUISH". I killed the intruder. Better call PETA.

I have 2 aunts who are relative.

Somehow I have the suspetion that PETA is more concerned with the ant the Matt squished than your aunts New Guy, and that's sad.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Somehow I have the suspetion that PETA is more concerned with the ant the Matt squished than your aunts New Guy, and that's sad.

Thanks. I think.......

:p:

Forum List

Back