PETA Killed 97% of the Animals in Their Care

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
PETA Killed Over 97 % of the Animals in their Care in 2006

An official report from People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), submitted nine months after a Virginia government agency's deadline, shows that the animal rights group put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006.

During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 pets. The nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is calling on PETA to either end its hypocritical angel-of-death program, or stop its senseless condemnation of Americans who believe it's perfectly ethical to use animals for food, clothing, and critical medical research.

Not counting animals PETA held only temporarily in its spay-neuter program, the organization took in 3,061 "companion animals" in 2006, of which it killed 2,981. According to Virginia's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in the state was just 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA killed 97.4 percent of the animals it took in. The organization filed its 2006 report this month, nine months after the VDACS deadline of March 31, 2007.

"Pet lovers should be outraged," said CCF Director of Research David Martosko. "There are thousands of worthwhile animal shelters that deserve Americans' support. PETA is not one of them."

In courtroom testimony last year, a PETA manager acknowledged that her organization maintains a large walk-in freezer for storing dead animals, and that PETA contracts with a Virginia cremation service to dispose of the bodies. In that trial, two PETA employees were convicted of dumping dead animals in a rural North Carolina trash dumpster.

Today in Southampton County, Virginia, another PETA employee will face felony charges in a dog-napping case. Andrea Florence Benoit Harris was arrested in late 2006 for allegedly abducting a hunting dog and attempting to transport it to PETA's Norfolk headquarters.

"PETA raised over $30 million last year," Martosko added, "and it's using that money to kill the only flesh-and-blood animals its employees actually see. The scale of PETA's hypocrisy is simply staggering."

http://www.2solitudes.com/headlines...97--of-the-Animals-in-their-Care-in-2006.html

WHY AM I NOT SUPRISED ?...I saw a bunch of them protesting at a kfc , I am all for trying to raise these beast in a environment that is not over stressed if for no other reason than it makes for healthier meat..but there chickens ! of all the things in this world to protest over ie; the murder of unborn children these people where red faced and spitting venom over the treatment of chickens...meanwhile their handlers are killing puppies and kittens and fund raising

My favorite was them *freeing* this 40 year old lobster that lived in a restaurant tank. No one was going to eat it. It just kind of hung out. So Mary Tyler Moore and the PETA nutters make a big show of releasing the poor thing to the *wild*.

Ijits forgot to untape its claws... the lobster couldn't eat anything... probably starved to death slowly. How humane.

Never did like PETA except when it stood for People Eating Tasty Animals. That includes KFC. The colonel sure knew how to cook a chicken.

PETA annoys me. If you want an interesting watch, pick up the Penn & Teller: Bullshit episode where they eviscerate PETA. Interesting stuff.

The PETA episode on Penn and Teller's Bullshit was very interesting. I especially liked when they played quotes by the founder of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk and her VP talking about how medicines made possible through animal experimentation should be banned and no one should be allowed to take them....and then you learn that the VP of PETA has Type 1 Diabetes and has been taking insulin since childhood. Her response, "Well...that isn't hypocritical because I need my life to fight for the rights of animals."

Riiiiiight....my 11 year old sister-in-law who was born with Type 1 Diabetes should die...but you should live cause ya don't like leather.... :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not a PETA member or anything but I've been a vegetarian since I was 4 because I generally felt and still feel (now that I'm 20) bad for slaughtered animals. I know that they taste good, but I still just don't understand why we must domesticate them to slaughter them for food. I'm living proof that you can survive without meat for a long time. Plus, just a question for the religious folks-- do animals go to heaven? Do they even have souls?

Look, I'm not a PETA member or anything but I've been a vegetarian since I was 4 because I generally felt and still feel (now that I'm 20) bad for slaughtered animals. I know that they taste good, but I still just don't understand why we must domesticate them to slaughter them for food. I'm living proof that you can survive without meat for a long time. Plus, just a question for the religious folks-- do animals go to heaven? Do they even have souls?

Animals do not have souls according to the Bible. Only Humans have souls. But man is told to take care of the animals, use them as he needs but to not abuse or mistreat them.

Animals do not have souls according to the Bible. Only Humans have souls. But man is told to take care of the animals, use them as he needs but to not abuse or mistreat them.

All dogs go to heaven. Everyone else is on their own.

I want to say this now: thank you for posting that. I'm glad it got the attention it has and I hope that maybe, just maybe that the government will see PeTA is a group of hypocritical loons and revoke their tax exempt status.

Skittles is going to hell. And it's not because of a fucked up Mistress. :neutral: It's because she has very sharp, pointy teeth, and she uses them.

Skittles is going to hell. And it's not because of a fucked up Mistress. :neutral: It's because she has very sharp, pointy teeth, and she uses them.

I checked with the judging authority. According to them Skittles will go to heaven because with a name like that the use of sharp and pointy teeth is justified. They called it the "Boy named Sue" syndrome.

I checked with the judging authority. According to them Skittles will go to heaven because with a name like that the use of sharp and pointy teeth is justified. They called it the "Boy named Sue" syndrome.

Skittles damn well made her OWN name for herself, and it's literally related to the damned candy. :evil:

Forum List

Back