Pet Names

We rescued a dog from an irrigation canal and kept him for a month or so until we found him a forever home. He wasn't too bright and sort of goofy and so after a few days I came up with the name Banjo which fit his personality rather well.

The wife rescued a kitty from a Costco parking lot. We had an acquaintance named Jim Cooper who was a runner. Wife went through 5 or 6 names in that fist week, but after noticing him day-after-day getting the urge to zip around the house at full speed I named him Cooper. That stuck.

I think I might try to find a racehorse name I though was cool and use it for my pet.
Racing horse names are the best! There is one that races now and hubby and I love it!

EffinEx

I think I might try to find a racehorse name I though was cool and use it for my pet.
Racing horse names are the best! There is one that races now and hubby and I love it!

EffinEx
Let's see ...

The Lone Ranger's horse was named Silver. He was white though.

Roy Rogers' horse was named Trigger. The wiki said originally Golden Cloud though.

Dale Evans' horse was named Buttermilk. My cousins loved that name so that's what they called their horse too.

My cat is white and I named him Snowball. That would not be a good name for a horse however. I think Lightning would be perfect for a white horse.

For a black horse, Shadow.

For a gray horse, Cloud.

For a red horse, Rusty.

My favorite was my cat while growing up. She was a bit of a bitch but let me play with her, clip her nails etc. She would sneak attack my ankles in the morning... if I ever had another pet it would be a cat (but just one!)
I think ankle ambushes are instinctive for kittens.

My cat (in the avatar) does not do it anymore, but when he was a kitten it was one of his favorite games.

He would hide under the bed, then as I walked by he would dart out and jump on my nearest foot and grab it with all 20 claws then bite it.

Immediately thereafter my hand (the attacking octopus) would come down slowly on him like a spider, and he would roll over on his back with his paws up, grab my hand with his 20 claws, and then bite my hand.

He was such an energetic kitten.

Now he waits patiently for hours outside to ambush birds. Every day he brings one home and eats it.

My favorite was my cat while growing up. She was a bit of a bitch but let me play with her, clip her nails etc. She would sneak attack my ankles in the morning... if I ever had another pet it would be a cat (but just one!)

My cat (in the avatar) does not do it anymore, but when he was a kitten it was one of his favorite games.

He would hide under the bed, then as I walked by he would dart out and jump on my nearest foot and grab it with all 20 claws then bite it.

Immediately thereafter my hand (the attacking octopus) would come down slowly on him like a spider, and he would roll over on his back with his paws up, grab my hand with his 20 claws, and then bite my hand.

Now he waits patiently for hours outside to ambush birds. Every day he brings one home and eats it.

I love the way cats wiggle their butts before an attack!
I want a cat/kitten so badly!!!!

I love the way cats wiggle their butts before an attack!
I want a cat/kitten so badly!!!!

Must say, I've never noticed that. I'm usually looking at the other end, so as to be ready to react.

Fun fact: just before a cat pounces, its pupils dilate. Dead giveaway. Watch the pupils and you'll always get away.

Forum List

Back