Pet Lions Dangerous?

Um.

I would eat you if I couldn't get another food source. What's your point.

Actually..I might eat you just for fun. But heck..its my nature.

They will only tolerate you if you feed them. A pig would be happy to eat you if you give them the opportunity.

And?

I have no illusions about animals. You feed them..they like you. Simple as that. Why?

Because I am the exact same way.

ever ran out of food feeding a bear? it aint pretty...and reasoning like this is why people are killed by out little black bears....the wee bears get all pissy when you run out of food and they want more....i have seen a wee bear take out a small building just by pushing on it....

Wild animals should not be kept as pets.

And owners of wild animals should not be too surprised when they get eaten by their pets.

[...ever ran out of food feeding a bear? it aint pretty...and reasoning like this is why people are killed by out little black bears....the wee bears get all pissy when you run out of food and they want more....i have seen a wee bear take out a small building just by pushing on it....

Sometimes the 'bear' is coaching the Alabama football team...

Rare Lion Cubs Saved in War-Torn Somalia

Their mother was shot and they were driven through a raging civil war, destined to be pets in the Middle East — until Somali authorities intervened to save two lion cubs smuggled aboard a ship in the chaotic country's port.

The two tiny cubs, a brother and sister, are believed to be rare Berbera lions because of their spotted coats. They were confiscated four weeks ago after Mogadishu's port manager reported his suspicions to Bancroft, an organization which is training African Union peacekeepers in the war-ravaged Somali capital.

Rare Lion Cubs Saved in War-Torn Somalia - ABC News

Based on everything I've ever read, heard and seen on Animal Planet and in a few movies and documentaries, if you are able to provide a wild animal, e.g., a lion, tiger, etc., with a comfortable, appropriate habitat, and if you feed it regularly and treat it with RESPECT, that is not force it to do tricks or perform as in a circus or a nightclub act, and if you show it affection, the animal will never harm you.

The problems arise when people think it's okay to keep a lion or a tiger in a cage, which is analogous to keeping a human in a cell. Sooner or later that animal is going to have enough of that and get really pissed off.

Never thought someone would actually be asking if lions are dangerous as pets. Thought the answer to that would be pretty obvious. Yeah, they're awesome animals...but they are best left in the wild to roam free.

Must be...

... Uncle Ferd wanted to get one from a passing circus...

... but Granny wouldn't let him...

... she afraid it'd eat possum.
:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Based on everything I've ever read, heard and seen on Animal Planet and in a few movies and documentaries, if you are able to provide a wild animal, e.g., a lion, tiger, etc., with a comfortable, appropriate habitat, and if you feed it regularly and treat it with RESPECT, that is not force it to do tricks or perform as in a circus or a nightclub act, and if you show it affection, the animal will never harm you.

The problems arise when people think it's okay to keep a lion or a tiger in a cage, which is analogous to keeping a human in a cell. Sooner or later that animal is going to have enough of that and get really pissed off.

This is silly.

"..everything I've ever read, heard and seen on Animal Planet and in a few movies and documentaries"

That is the world you live in? Hollywood?

"if you are able to provide a wild animal, e.g., a lion, tiger, etc., with a comfortable, appropriate habitat"

A recliner and a remote would be a more comfortable and appropriate habitat. Wild animals, by definition, are not provided with anything.

"..if you feed it regularly and treat it with RESPECT.."

Don't feed the bears...really....don't.

Forum List

Back