Pet Killers

Who here thinks that state laws should be changed so you can sue for the statutory MAXIMUM if somedody kills one of your pets?

As it is you can only sue for the "value" of your pet which is $0s for cats and $0 for a mutt. You can only sue for the money you have spent on the animal, getting it fixed, and vet bills. I beleive this is WRONG because most people feel that their pets are FAMILY and when you lose a FAMILY member it is MENTAL distress which is allowed as punitive damages.

I adore my animals....but I hate the amount of litigation that goes on this country.

Much as I hate to say it, I think they should sue for what it costs to medically treat the pet - but I also feel the same when it comes to people and lawsuits.

The only thing I do wish is that the penalties for animal abuse and neglect were much more stringent.

How do you "medically treat" a CORPSE!!! And once again I am talking SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

This is BC. He was a neighborhood stray who would come to visit me a few times a week for the last 8 years or so. Last January I found him sitting at the edge of the woods about 200 yards from the house covered in blood. I thought he'd been hit by a car. He wasn't. The vet found a 22 slug had shattered his jaw and then entered his chest, finally lodging in his right leg. This sweet boy never hurt anyone and was a neighborhood fixture until someone decided to shoot him because he was crossing their property. Now he stays here. I would have loved to have been able to make the neighbor who shot him pay his vet bill.

S7300413.jpg

Who here thinks that state laws should be changed so you can sue for the statutory MAXIMUM if somedody kills one of your pets?

As it is you can only sue for the "value" of your pet which is $0s for cats and $0 for a mutt. You can only sue for the money you have spent on the animal, getting it fixed, and vet bills. I beleive this is WRONG because most people feel that their pets are FAMILY and when you lose a FAMILY member it is MENTAL distress which is allowed as punitive damages.

I adore my animals....but I hate the amount of litigation that goes on this country.

Much as I hate to say it, I think they should sue for what it costs to medically treat the pet - but I also feel the same when it comes to people and lawsuits.

The only thing I do wish is that the penalties for animal abuse and neglect were much more stringent.

How do you "medically treat" a CORPSE!!! And once again I am talking SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

Apologies. I missed that.

:(:mad: I do!!!! DAD GUMMIT!!! Where they at!!!!! Animals depend on us humans to be their voice and to protect them and keep them safe and sound, from all these worthless piece of Crap animal killers.

Forum List

Back