Pet Killers

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
Who here thinks that state laws should be changed so you can sue for the statutory MAXIMUM if somedody kills one of your pets?

As it is you can only sue for the "value" of your pet which is $0s for cats and $0 for a mutt. You can only sue for the money you have spent on the animal, getting it fixed, and vet bills. I beleive this is WRONG because most people feel that their pets are FAMILY and when you lose a FAMILY member it is MENTAL distress which is allowed as punitive damages.

Not only should you be able to sue, the perp should do time. I try not to hate any person - but people who kill other people's pets do stretch that premise for me.

Now that would depend on why the pet was killed.
Perhaps by another on his property protecting his property/livestock?

I think pet owners should be prosecuted to the maximum for damage their pet does.

Some of the early signs of serial killers are that they tortured/killed pets as children.

If a child is doing it they need to get that child some kind of help FAST, and keep an eye on him/her.

If it's an adult, yes, we need stronger penalties.

Ahh.

Still it is not like killing a human. Although I like pets better than most humans.
I would still sacrifice my pet to save a human life.

Christ US WTF is your problem? If you are not interested in this topic then please kindly go somewhere else. I and a couple of others understand how important our pets are to us and feel that taking those Family Members away from us should cost the killer MONEY. Not many states prosecute for animal cruelety and if they do the sentences are WEAK.

I think there should be criminal penalties for killing someones pet out of spite. Very noticable civil penalties.
Civil, well now that is up to you unless the tort reform puppet crowd has already taken that right away from you.

Ahh.

Still it is not like killing a human. Although I like pets better than most humans.

that would depend on the person....

as for damages....around here..your dog kills livestock you pay 3 times the value of said livestock. i will gladly pay damages...if the choice is killing my pet or collecting money...i will pay the money..threaten my animals and i go fucking nutzo on ya....you wont make that mistake twice....

CF, you mean something like this?

Two pet dogs were found shot to death Sunday and laid out tail to tail "like bookends" along railroad tracks in Pennsbury Township, Chester County, an official said this morning.

Rich Britton, spokesman for the Chester County SPCA, said the bodies of Emma and Luna were found by a woman walking in the woods near Brintons Bridge Road. He called the crime "a horrible new wrinkle."

The dogs had been reported missing Saturday from a family farm three miles from where they were found Sunday afternoon.

They were deliberately posed, in a "strange" way, Britton said. Each had been shot once between the eyes in execution style.

"The dogs were placed with their backs to the tracks and their tails towards each other," Britton said. "These were two young dogs - one was two; the other, a year and a half. It breaks your heart that anyone could do this."

Two dogs found, killed execution-style | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/27/2009

Yes, I'm for changing the laws for punishment for bastards who kill animals.

Ahh.

that would depend on the person....

as for damages....around here..your dog kills livestock you pay 3 times the value of said livestock. i will gladly pay damages...if the choice is killing my pet or collecting money...i will pay the money..threaten my animals and i go fucking nutzo on ya....you wont make that mistake twice....

I think here it is only value of said livestock.
I do not threaten. If I catch a dog chasing my stock I just shoot em.
Get out the backhoe and bury em.

Too hard to prove ownership and people just tend to let their dogs roam free.

I would like to see a requirement that all pets be chipped so they can be tracked back to their owners if they get in trouble, are lost or are abandoned by their owners.

Who here thinks that state laws should be changed so you can sue for the statutory MAXIMUM if somedody kills one of your pets?

As it is you can only sue for the "value" of your pet which is $0s for cats and $0 for a mutt. You can only sue for the money you have spent on the animal, getting it fixed, and vet bills. I beleive this is WRONG because most people feel that their pets are FAMILY and when you lose a FAMILY member it is MENTAL distress which is allowed as punitive damages.

I adore my animals....but I hate the amount of litigation that goes on this country.

Much as I hate to say it, I think they should sue for what it costs to medically treat the pet - but I also feel the same when it comes to people and lawsuits.

The only thing I do wish is that the penalties for animal abuse and neglect were much more stringent.

Forum List

Back