Personality Temperaments

Which Personality Temperament fits you best?

• Total voters

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Which personality temperament fits you best? Nosey forum members want to know. :razz:

If you have never heard of these before, do a Google search.

1. Supine

2. Phlegmatic

3. Sanguine

4. Choleric

5. Melancholic

"Dogmatism has been found to correlate consistently with authoritarianism, political-economic conservatism, and the holding of right wing opinions,"

We needed a study to tell us this?

Five Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is supine though you have to dig to find it.

Finally, in the 1980s, the National Christian Counselors Association founders Richard G. and Phyllis J. Arno.[7], after extensive research, identified a separate temperament, which they called Supine, which means “with the face upwards,” like a servant looking up to his/her master. The Arnos refer to it as “the serving temperament,” because the Supine “feels” that their only value is to serve others. Supines like and need people; however, they have a fear of rejection and do not initiate.

Supines are identified by strengths, such as a desire to serve, liking people, and having a gentle spirit. Their weaknesses include expecting others to read their mind (indirect behavior), harboring anger as "hurt feelings," and feelings of powerlessness. They are generally open to receiving affection, but have trouble initiating. Other profilers who use similar systems still refer to it as "Introverted Sanguine."

This may help...

temperament test

I voted melancholic:

Melancholy

Motivation: Intimacy
Needs: To Be Good (Morally), To Be Understood, To Be Appreciated, Acceptance,
Wants: To Reveal Insecurities, To Please Others, Autonomy, Security
Positives: Gifted, Self Sacrificing, Helpful, Thoughtful, Faithful
Negatives: Moody, Critical, Negative, Resentful, Suspicious

This article is in need of attention from an expert on the subject. WikiProject Pseudoscience may be able to help recruit one. (November 2008)

None of them fit me exactly. Sanguine and Phlegmatic might.

No idea what supine is.

I'm a half-breed myself -- sanguine and choleric -- if the descriptions given are anywhere near accurate.

The humour of Sanguine was once commonly treated with leeches. The reason it is treated with leeches is based on the process of the blood being sucked out and being able to understand the effect of the process.

I am sanguine. Anyone got any leeches? Oh wait. Silly me. There are TONS of libs on this board. :lol:

To be melancholy, full of phlegm, and sick with cholera, might not be something people would be willing to admit. I don't think even leeches would help.

The humour of Sanguine was once commonly treated with leeches. The reason it is treated with leeches is based on the process of the blood being sucked out and being able to understand the effect of the process.

I am sanguine. Anyone got any leeches? Oh wait. Silly me. There are TONS of libs on this board. :lol:

To be melancholy, full of phlegm, and sick with cholera, might not be something people would be willing to admit. I don't think even leeches would help.

+5 on the witty retort scale. :lol:

"Dogmatism has been found to correlate consistently with authoritarianism, political-economic conservatism, and the holding of right wing opinions,"

We needed a study to tell us this?

This thread isn't about politics. If it were, I would have said so. Go buy yourself a clue.

Or you could just give 'em one.

clue-game.jpg

Often times, many people are apt to display themselves in a different light on a message board, than what they really are. In that light, I thought it interesting to see the replies.

You"re right greatguy. I was just thinking about this Friday night. I have the reputation of being fairly conservative and very professional at work. I went out with work friends Friday night, sang Karaoke, and kissed a girl (on the cheek). My boss was there and didn't stop staring at me all night. At first I thought he liked the way I looked, but after thinking about it, I believe I confuse the hell out of him. People often have several sides to their personalities. That's what makes them interesting.

You"re right greatguy. I was just thinking about this Friday night. I have the reputation of being fairly conservative and very professional at work. I went out with work friends Friday night, sang Karaoke, and kissed a girl (on the cheek). My boss was there and didn't stop staring at me all night. At first I thought he liked the way I looked, but after thinking about it, I believe I confuse the hell out of him. People often have several sides to their personalities. That's what makes them interesting.

I agree Chanel. I like to try and strip away the facade, and see what makes a person tick. And many times, I think that some here do themselves a disservice by putting on an act, while others get overlooked, because they don't act. The human psyche can be a tangled web.

Often times, many people are apt to display themselves in a different light on a message board, than what they really are. In that light, I thought it interesting to see the replies.
I agree. What you see is what you get with me. Anyway, always interested in stuff like this because I find myself fascinating ;) (actually, I find personalities fascinating in general), I did this. I am choleric with sanguine coming in second. Kinda goofy analysis, but it's interesting.

Personally I find the Meyers-Brigg more useful as one can get good insight on tools to use when dealing with those who have very different personalities than ourselves. We can't assume that what we communicate to them will be perceived as we perceive, so the tools help. In that, about 60% of the time I am ENFJ, and on other days I am ENFP - my J and P factors straddle the 50% mark.

Forum List

Back