Personal stories of Vile Kerry Campaign Antics

lolita715 said:
Thats funny because the only signs in my town being ruined are Kerry signs!!! Not to mention the Republican headquaters put bush signs in our yard without our permission, while there were already Kerry signs in the yard!!

Oh bullshit. I bet if I posted an entry claiming that the elephants at the zoo had been abused by Dems, you would claim that Republicans were abusing your jackasses.

HOLY CRAP! I knew it...Senator Kerry registers and posts on USMB as a 'chick'.

wow.

Nobody here has MY Signs....there are MY signs in our yard...

sagegirl said:
Thoughtless acts of vandalism: this arena is an equal opportunity employer. I dont think anyone from either side supports the acts of idiotic, disrespectful individuals.

None of this has been happening where I live from either side, at least not with the Bush and Kerry signs. The Dallas area has a nasty battle going on between Martin Frost and Pete Sessions. People on both sides have had their signs pulled up, sometimes replaced with signs for the other guy. Some Frost backers found out where Sessions kids went to school and plastered Frost signs all over the school grounds, obviously without the schools permission as I believe it's against the law.

The only thing I've heard about as far as the national election is one couple had a Bush sign up and were asked by neighbors to take it down. Apparently they were the only Bush supporters on the block, at least among those that were vocal about who they favored. Some people came up with some obscure law that really shouldn't have applied to this and threatened with a law suit. They took the sign down because they figured someone would rip it down anyway and they didn't want them doing any other damage to their property.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Not that it matters, but I believe he was talking about where you live. :duh3:

I think she meant "here" as in USMB.

So quick to jump on the name calling bandwagon eh?

Jimmyeatworld said:
None of this has been happening where I live from either side, at least not with the Bush and Kerry signs. The Dallas area has a nasty battle going on between Martin Frost and Pete Sessions. People on both sides have had their signs pulled up, sometimes replaced with signs for the other guy. Some Frost backers found out where Sessions kids went to school and plastered Frost signs all over the school grounds, obviously without the schools permission as I believe it's against the law.

The only thing I've heard about as far as the national election is one couple had a Bush sign up and were asked by neighbors to take it down. Apparently they were the only Bush supporters on the block, at least among those that were vocal about who they favored. Some people came up with some obscure law that really shouldn't have applied to this and threatened with a law suit. They took the sign down because they figured someone would rip it down anyway and they didn't want them doing any other damage to their property.

I would have left it up and if anyone ripped it down would have sued whomever did it, and if i didnt know who did it id just sue everyone on the block who complained for creating an atmosphere of intolerance that contributed to the vandalism.

That's some crazy shit to go around and rip signs up. I mean being really into your party is fine but being an extremist is out of line. I believe thats more than vandalism right?

I havent heard anything like that around here for either side.

Mainframe said:
I think she meant "here" as in USMB.

So quick to jump on the name calling bandwagon eh?

I really wish people would read the thread before spouting off.

Lolita said: "Thats funny because the only signs in my town being ruined are Kerry signs!!! Not to mention the Republican headquaters put bush signs in our yard without our permission, while there were already Kerry signs in the yard!!"

Then Zhukov said: "Anyone's car keyed, or lawn ruined, or driveway defaced because of their Kerry sign?"

Lolita said: "I doubt anyone here has any kerry signs"

I said: "Not that it matters, but I believe he was talking about where you live. "

Something I thought would have been obvious, especially after numerous posts on the matter. As far the the "name calling bandwagon", I think Lolita is driving that bandwagon, I'm just riding on the tailgate.

I don't see much vandalism of stuff on this campus (usually Bush stuff when I do) due to the anal campus police, but there is some guy who keeps proclaiming that all those who vote for John Kerry will go to Hell. I wouldn't hold too much stock in it, though. This guy's been around before, and all he really wants is for someone to hit him so he can sue.

Hobbit said:
there is some guy who keeps proclaiming that all those who [insert whatever here] will go to Hell.

There's one on every campus I'll bet. Our's was "Brother Jed". Sometimes his whole family came out with him. I always wondered if the man had a job.

Just a question-- the original antics that were posted about, were they at all related to the Kerry campaign? Its likely that Kerry supporters did the damage, but its not exactly fair to lump exuberant Bush-haters in with Kerry's Campaign.

Hobbit said:
I don't see much vandalism of stuff on this campus (usually Bush stuff when I do) due to the anal campus police, but there is some guy who keeps proclaiming that all those who vote for John Kerry will go to Hell. I wouldn't hold too much stock in it, though. This guy's been around before, and all he really wants is for someone to hit him so he can sue.

John Edwards is hanging out on your campus???

I think the problem lies much more with these acts of civil war than specific incidents....I see mostly on the Democrat side a desire to churn up hatred for Bush at an unprecedented level in an effort to energize the Democrat base, but the problem is now that hatred has farther reaching consequences. I have worked on campaigns for almost 12 years now, and I have never seen it like this..........This is not how it is supposed to be.

Forum List

Back