Personal Responsibility.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
I've never sold drugs, never was in a gang, never in prison, didn't have any children out of wedlock, never spent a day on welfare, worked from the age of 9 until 52, graduated from high school, bachelors degree and a Masters

According to these whites here, since I never did any of these things, I am not responsible working in the black community to fix the problems.

But I worked in the black community to reduce problems caused by whites. I've taken and continue to take personal responsibility. I am not here crying about what I didn't do, and I wasn't there, or I was not alive. That's you whites here.

Then we have the standard dumb ass supposed to black blaming blacks for your problems like whites do even as they KNOW racism exists. So let us look at example from a black person who blames urban truth tellers for the problems in the black community

So Avery, what is this urban truth teller saying? Is he calling women bitches ad hos? Or is he telling blacks how not to let white racism stop them.

We take responsibility white folks. When will you?

I've never sold drugs, never was in a gang, never in prison, didn't have any children out of wedlock, never spent a day on welfare, worked from the age of 9 until 52, graduated from high school, bachelors degree and a Masters

According to these whites here, since I never did any of these things, I am not responsible working in the black community to fix the problems.

But I worked in the black community to reduce problems caused by whites. I've taken and continue to take personal responsibility. I am not here crying about what I didn't do, and I wasn't there, or I was not alive. That's you whites here.

Then we have the standard dumb ass supposed to black blaming blacks for your problems like whites do even as they KNOW racism exists. So let us look at example from a black person who blames urban truth tellers for the problems in the black community

So Avery, what is this urban truth teller saying? Is he calling women bitches ad hos? Or is he telling blacks how not to let white racism stop them.

So? How am I personally responsible for the plight of poverty-stricken blacks again?????

(snicker)

What am I responsible for?

What do you think I am responsible for?

No one is holding you or your communities down in the 21st century except racist individuals like you.

So stop blaming white society for any of your failures in life and look inward and ask why you are such a racist bigot that must blame white society for you not getting what you want!

So? How am I personally responsible for the plight of poverty-stricken blacks again?????

(snicker)

You have voted for people have imposed racist policies and laws. You personally have benefited from such polices during your lifetime. And how much of your money have you spent in a black owned business?

(snicker)

You have voted for people have imposed racist policies and laws. You personally have benefited from such polices during your lifetime. And how much of your money have you spent in a black owned business?

I don't participate in the election process of this banana republic....don't you read my posts? When I spend my Federal Reserve notes, I don't research as to what the skin tint is before I buy something....do you? Do you ONLY buy from black merchants? And if so, doesn't that make you racist?

(snicker)

How much of your money do you spend at Hispanic and Asian owned business?

I find it strange you complain about how white society votes for it own usually, just like you voted for your own, so what is the issue again?

Should I be forced to drive from Richmond, Texas to the Fifth Ward of Houston so you can feel better and not call me a racist and buy my stuff just from Black ran business?

So again how many times a week do you visit locally owned places that are owned by Hispanics and Asians and if not at all why are you such a racist bigot that want to keep down the Hispanic and Asian communities?

What am I responsible for?

What do you think I am responsible for?

No one is holding you or your communities down in the 21st century except racist individuals like you.

So stop blaming white society for any of your failures in life and look inward and ask why you are such a racist bigot that must blame white society for you not getting what you want!

You are responsible for ending white racism.

I've helped create black owned businesses. I helped kids get out of gangs and in college. I have helped former crack addicts and ex cons get education and rained in the skills to get and maintain employment. I've held no one back. You just need to quit repeating the dumb ass standard white racist lines whites like you always use when you really have no argument.

Whites will be blamed for what they do. And you will accept it. If you want it to stop, you will work to end white racism.

(snicker)

How much of your money do you spend at Hispanic and Asian owned business?

I find it strange you complain about how white society votes for it own usually, just like you voted for your own, so what is the issue again?

Should I be forced to drive from Richmond, Texas to the Fifth Ward of Houston so you can feel better and not call me a racist and buy my stuff just from Black ran business?

So again how many times a week do you visit locally owned places that are owned by Hispanics and Asians and if not at all why are you such a racist bigot that want to keep down the Hispanic and Asian communities?

LOL! I have not voted for a black candidate who holds racist views or endorses racist policy. Whites don't spend money in Asian or Hispanic owned businesses either. I've been to Dallas and through Richardson. So you don't have to drive to Houston when downtown Dallas is about 10-15 miles from you. Now since there are no black businesses in Richardson that I saw, instead of you trying to be a smart ass, you can just say there are no black businesses where you live. But since you do live near Dallas, and you do shop in and around the Dallas area where there are several thousand black owned businesses, your claim about having to drive to Houston's 5th ward just makes you look like a dumb ass.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Being perfectly honest, No BS, no fronting. Today, I still become anxious listening much of the rap music produced back in the day when I was a Brooklyn cop regularly risking my safety while trying to protect my peaceful fellow citizens from the violence, as well as anti-social 'people and community harming behaviors' occurring every single day in rappers JayZ's and Biggie's neighborhoods..

Seems years of constantly listening to rap music flowing through the neighborhood, especially sounds emanating from automobile systems and speakers that were designed to play loud enough to wake the dead or cause buildings to collapse...

...has conditioned me to associate rap music with violence, and vice versa.

Same for July 4th. While some years are not as bad as others, the sounds of fireworks bring back the memories of mostly hearing, and sometimes witnessing gunfire in JayZ's and Biggie's community....causing me to become anxious. #PTSD

A few years ago my neighborhood went all out, for about four or five hours the explosions were non stop. For me, it was not a fun night.

I noticed you have a propensity for botching the spelling for certain words, making it impossible for the USMB search engine to detect the words you misspell. Correct me if I am wrong, you do purposely misspell some words, correct.

As for racism harming black Americans, you have your theories, supported by opinions, conjecture and subjective perceptions of many so-called educated folks who have a interest in profiting from cries of racism....

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Tariq Nasheed7.jpg

While I believe Tupac offers the primary reason for why far too many black Americans are being impeded or hampered from achieving ordinary or typical American success in a competitive society.

IM2. I do not mean to be disrespectful, though your attitude mirrors the attitude of women who Ms. Erika of BlacksUnited, characterizes as the "AVERAGE black American woman."

Risking hostile public condemnation, threats of violence and illogical HATEFUL name-calling, this apparent caring, strong, RESPONSIBLE American woman shares with our world her thoughts, concerns and opinions about a significant population of American citizens she believes is doing great emotional harm to our Nation's most precious assets, as well as impugning the image of black or American citizens of African descent.

"Black women are destroying themselves and black men" ~BlacksUnited - Erika, Published on Mar 7, 2014

Frankly, I only interact with you to share with others info I believe Tupac would want people sharing:

_tupac dr nadine burke harris common.jpg

Dr Nadine Burke Harris youth wellness.png

Introducing Child Abuse Awareness & Education Advocate, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, Founder and CEO of the 'Center for Youth Wellness'.

https://www.makers.com/profiles/591f25476c3f64632d4fb85c/

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Thank you for sharing, IM2. I was a little horrified when I saw and listened to the rapper song above, but couldn't find out anything about one of my favorite actor's death, whose work I respect. I thought, "why didn't I hear about his death sooner?" So I looked up "obituary of Ice Cube" and discovered someone delivered a hoax out there. Whew! I'm glad he's okay. He's a very gifted man, and he's done a lot of work just keeping his life positive. That's why I was a little shocked at some of the language on his rapper song.

Language has shock value, IM2. When I hear a stream of 4-letter words, the only word that comes to my mind is "escape, fast!" lol

I'm sorry, I can't change. Maybe that's one of the big problems. I was raised to think coarse language had only one purpose, and indeed, whenever my father used that kind of language in our home, somebody got a whipping they'd never forget, and it would be even harsher if you responded verbally in kind.

Language may be the problem, kind of like magnets that push away from each other. I do not say this lightly, but I hired a woman once to work in a public place. I continually got complaints about her rough language, and my customers would walk in the door, see or hear her, leave, then call me, the owner. I could hardly believe it, because I never heard her use that sort of verbiage in my presence. One day I arrived early and took quarters upstairs, where you could hear everything. And for the first time, I got a glimpse into this woman's real use of language. I went downstairs and let her know her language reduced sales, and that she needed to clean up her act. To her credit, she did, but within a year, she moved on to a different job. Two years later, I read with horror the headlines in our small town. Her son had been shot to death. The shocker was that he called his assailant a string of 4-letter words that would curl your straight hair into rings, just like a high fever can decurl ringlets and render a person straight-haired for life.

I was so sorry, but this woman led protests every January 19 in history after that. It never occurred to her that her teaching bad language in her own family would have such dire and sad consequences in a small town that historically had few murders.

What you say and who you say it to can be lethal.

I write this with a sad heart, IM2. I can't fix this problem, and in my lily-white world, I still don't know anyone who didn't get a willow-switch reminder from grandma for saying a bad word and caught fury for it long before knowing what a bad word is.

All that I can do is to take this matter to God in prayer, and I will. Those 2-leaf willow switches delivered at age 4 leave an indelible mark on the soul not to engage in certain kinds of speech, and it exerts an influence on who one picks for friendships in school, who one picks as a marriage partner, and mainly, who one avoids listening to in any serious way.

It may be a shock when a black child wonders why white children shy away, and the reason may not be color, it may be a linguistic issue the children are not even aware of since the sting of a willow switch administered to a young foul mouth and why it was used may be the divisive reason of racial differences, and not race itself.

Grandmas aren't stupid people, incidentally, because willow stings are gone in 15 minutes from the healing skin, but the soul remembers long its lesson when it was delivered with a little warning sermon before the age of 5 or 6 years. Grandmas in our culture know that if you let a little bugger get away with garbage mouth, he will not do well in society.

If you continue to issue race angst when a biracial misbehavior occurs, you might realize that for some of us the phrase "loose lips sink ships" could be a fact of human behavior that carries a lot of truth in it.

The boy who killed the other boy at age 15 was tried as an adult, convicted of murder and racial discrimination, and will spend the rest of his days in a cold, Rawlins penitentiary. His family is paying a price for not teaching the child he cannot kill another person based on garbage mouth disputes over minor issues. The young man who did the killing in a moment of anger will never get out of jail. Never.

Thank you for sharing, IM2. I was a little horrified when I saw and listened to the rapper song above, but couldn't find out anything about one of my favorite actor's death, whose work I respect. I thought, "why didn't I hear about his death sooner?" So I looked up "obituary of Ice Cube" and discovered someone delivered a hoax out there. Whew! I'm glad he's okay. He's a very gifted man, and he's done a lot of work just keeping his life positive. That's why I was a little shocked at some of the language on his rapper song.

Language has shock value, IM2. When I hear a stream of 4-letter words, the only word that comes to my mind is "escape, fast!" lol

I'm sorry, I can't change. Maybe that's one of the big problems. I was raised to think coarse language had only one purpose, and indeed, whenever my father used that kind of language in our home, somebody got a whipping they'd never forget, and it would be even harsher if you responded verbally in kind.

Language may be the problem, kind of like magnets that push away from each other. I do not say this lightly, but I hired a woman once to work in a public place. I continually got complaints about her rough language, and my customers would walk in the door, see or hear her, leave, then call me, the owner. I could hardly believe it, because I never heard her use that sort of verbiage in my presence. One day I arrived early and took quarters upstairs, where you could hear everything. And for the first time, I got a glimpse into this woman's real use of language. I went downstairs and let her know her language reduced sales, and that she needed to clean up her act. To her credit, she did, but within a year, she moved on to a different job. Two years later, I read with horror the headlines in our small town. Her son had been shot to death. The shocker was that he called his assailant a string of 4-letter words that would curl your straight hair into rings, just like a high fever can decurl ringlets and render a person straight-haired for life.

I was so sorry, but this woman led protests every January 19 in history after that. It never occurred to her that her teaching bad language in her own family would have such dire and sad consequences in a small town that historically had few murders.

What you say and who you say it to can be lethal.

I write this with a sad heart, IM2. I can't fix this problem, and in my lily-white world, I still don't know anyone who didn't get a willow-switch reminder from grandma for saying a bad word and caught fury for it long before knowing what a bad word is.

All that I can do is to take this matter to God in prayer, and I will. Those 2-leaf willow switches delivered at age 4 leave an indelible mark on the soul not to engage in certain kinds of speech, and it exerts an influence on who one picks for friendships in school, who one picks as a marriage partner, and mainly, who one avoids listening to in any serious way.

It may be a shock when a black child wonders why white children shy away, and the reason may not be color, it may be a linguistic issue the children are not even aware of since the sting of a willow switch administered to a young foul mouth and why it was used may be the divisive reason of racial differences, and not race itself.

Grandmas aren't stupid people, incidentally, because willow stings are gone in 15 minutes from the healing skin, but the soul remembers long its lesson when it was delivered with a little warning sermon before the age of 5 or 6 years. Grandmas in our culture know that if you let a little bugger get away with garbage mouth, he will not do well in society.

If you continue to issue race angst when a biracial misbehavior occurs, you might realize that for some of us the phrase "loose lips sink ships" could be a fact of human behavior that carries a lot of truth in it.

The boy who killed the other boy at age 15 was tried as an adult, convicted of murder and racial discrimination, and will spend the rest of his days in a cold, Rawlins penitentiary. His family is paying a price for not teaching the child he cannot kill another person based on garbage mouth disputes over minor issues. The young man who did the killing in a moment of anger will never get out of jail. Never.

You can say all this but language is not why that kid killed. Things are not that simple. Blacks get the switch too. I know because we got sent out to pick the switch. And not just by grandma. There are plenty of people sitting in prison who go the switch.

The usual dumb asses saying the same things.
*lesson learned*

You just keep right on up with those foul-mouthed insults, lollipop. The law protects you.

I am a grown man and foul means a lot of things. Like your sermon about language. It was insulting you tried to infer that white kids got the switch for bad language like blacks don't. The language of racism is foul. And you used foul language.

Because is thread is about personal responsibility and that video was a black man demanding that blacks take that responsibility whites like you say we never do, instead of recognizing that, you want to lecture about language while pretending whites don't cuss. A lie is the most foul use of language there is.

Why does a white person have to go out of his/her way to patronize a black-owned business? Isn't it enough that the race of the proprietor doesn't matter to an individual? Isn't it enough that if I happen to see the owner is black that I don't give it second thought, exchange pleasantries, make my purchase and leave?

I would bet that every white person in this discussion would have no problem shopping at a black-owned establishment and yet this doesn't seem to be enough for you. If they don't go out of their way to shop a black-owned business, they're racist. Or that seems to be the implication. Tell me I'm wrong.

I've asked before and I'll ask again: Why is it never enough for a white person to just not be racist?

Grandmas in our culture know that if you let a little bugger get away with garbage mouth, he will not do well in society.

Hello, B. When I was about 6 or 7 yrs-old, I recall my paternal grandmother standing in the hallway outside my home's bathroom, with her arms folded in front of her, watching as my mom used a bar of Ivory soap to wash out of my mouth crude, unacceptable words I uttered.

At the time I knew I really screwed up when my always protector and defender, Grandma, declined to intervene, instead encouraging mom to clean-up my potty mouth.

Looking back, I now realize I experienced the privilege of growing up in a family where no one used crude language.

Peace.

soap282.jpg

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

O'Shea Jackson, Ice Cube.jpg

IM2 wrote, "So Avery, what is this urban truth teller saying? Is he calling women bitches ad hos? Or is he telling blacks how not to let white racism stop them."

Hello, IM2. I'd like to thank you for better educating me, by bringing to my attention O'Shea Jackson's urban TRUTH telling song 'US' which ends with O'Shea writing:

"Now this is just a little summary
Of US, but y'all think it's dumb of me
To hold a mirror to ya face, but trust
Nobody gives a fuck about"

Frankly, IM2, reading O'Shea's lyrics I see a perturbed man spanking EVERYONE, especially people in his community he believes are embracing a 'Crabs in the Bucket' mentality this free-thinking American with a fabulous hairstyle and excellent taste in background music speaks passionately about:

"Perturbed American Sharing Concerns RE: Dysfunctional ‘Black’ Americans Impeding ‘Black’ Achievement" ~RINGOTVRAW "I SPEAK THE TRUTH."

Unlike much of his music where he denigrates women as less than human creatures and hoes, in his song 'US' you are inquiring about, O'Shea does not specifically mention b*tches and hoes. Though he does mention behaviors that could be associated with this words.

In 'US' O'Shea, raps about how in the past Caucasians oppressed black people for 400 hundred years, before lamenting the killing or murder of black people by drug peddlers and gang members residing in Today's world.

Here O'Shea sharply criticizes black Americans pointing a finger at white people while ignoring their own culpability for the Struggles, Pain and Hardships faced by far too many black or American citizens of African descent:

Us Blacks don't know how ta act
Sometimes I believe the hype, man
We're messin' up ourselves and blame the white man But don't point the finger you ji**aboo Take a look at yourself ya dumb ni**a you

IM2, O'Shea's 'US' rap is filled with many insights and truths I'd like to discuss.

Though based on your track record for declining to engage me in an honest discussion, I fear you have no interest in further examining O'Shea's urban-TRUTH-telling 'US' lyrics that you shared with me for discussion.

Ice Cube - Us

Ice Cube – Us Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Quoting the first contributor offering opinions & insights about this particular song on the genius.com lyrics page:

"Ice Cube delivers a scathing critique of the Black community being lazy, not helping each other out and contributing to their own downfall via gangs, drug dealing, jealousy, and caring about materialism."

US Lyrics:

Could you tell me who released our animal instinct?
And the white man sittin' there tickled pink
Laughin' at us on the avenue
Bustin' caps at each other after havin' brew
We can't enjoy ourselves
Too busy jealous
At each other's wealth
Commin' up is just in me
But the Black community is full of envy
Too much back stabbin'
While I look up the street I see all the japs grabbin'
Every vacant lot in my neighborhood
Build a store, and sell their goods
To the county recips
You know us po ni**as, nappy hair and big lips?
Four or five babies on your crotch
And you expect Uncle Sam to help us out?

We ain't nothin' but porch monkeys
To the average bigot, redneck honky
You say comin' up is a must
But before we can come up, take a look at US

Break em off some

And all y'all dope-dealers
Your as bad as the po-lice cause ya kill us
You got rich when you started slangin' dope
But you ain't built us a supermarket
So when can spend our money with the blacks

Too busy buyin' gold an' Caddilacs
That's what ya doin' with the money that ya raisin'
Exploitin' us like the Caucasians did
For four hundred years, I got four hundred tears for four hundred peers
Died last year from gang-related crimes
That's why I got gang-related rhymes
But when I do a show ta kick some facts
We're messin' up ourselves and blame the white man
But don't point the finger you ji**aboo
Take a look at yourself ya dumb ni**a you

Pretty soon hip-hop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube, just Vanilla Ice
And y'all sit and scream and cuss
But there's no one ta blame, but US

Break em off some

Us will always sing the blues
'Cause all we care about is hairstyles and tennis shoes
But if ya step on mine ya pushed a button
"Cause I'll beat you down like it ain't nothin'
Just like a beast
But I'm the first ni**a ta holler out (peace, black man)
I beat my wife and children to a pulp
When I get drunk and smoke dope
Got a bad heart condition
Still eat hog-mogs an' chitlin's
Bet my money on the dice and the horses
Jobless, so I'm a hope for the armed forces
Go to church but they tease us
Wit' a picture of a blue-eyed Jesus
They used to call me Negro
After all this time I'm still bustin' up the chiffarobe
No respect and didn't know it
And I'm havin' more babies than I really can afford
In jail 'cause I can't pay the mother

Held back in life because of my color
Now this is just a little summary
Nobody gives a fuck about

Songwriters: George Clinton / William Bootsy Collins / O'shea Jackson / Anthony Wheaton / Bernie Worrell
In closing, generally speaking, I BELIEVE men raised by women who showed them love, kindness, caring and respect throughout their formative years, are not going to mature into apparent angry teen boys and adult men embarrassing their loving moms by writing or supporting music that denigrates women. Again, this is my opinion.

TUPAC clouds N.I.G.G.A.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations
____
"I would have never been able to do this work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D., Professor, Author, Child Abuse & Violence Researcher

IM2 wrote, "So Avery, what is this urban truth teller saying? Is he calling women bitches ad hos? Or is he telling blacks how not to let white racism stop them."

Hello, IM2. I'd like to thank you for better educating me, by bringing to my attention O'Shea Jackson's urban TRUTH telling song 'US' which ends with O'Shea writing:

"Now this is just a little summary
Nobody gives a fuck about"

Frankly, IM2, reading O'Shea's lyrics I see a perturbed man spanking EVERYONE, especially people in his community he believes are embracing a 'Crabs in the Bucket' mentality this free-thinking American with a fabulous hairstyle and excellent taste in background music speaks passionately about:

"Perturbed American Sharing Concerns RE: Dysfunctional ‘Black’ Americans Impeding ‘Black’ Achievement" ~RINGOTVRAW "I SPEAK THE TRUTH."

Unlike much of his music where he denigrates women as less than human creatures and hoes, in his song 'US' you are inquiring about, O'Shea does not specifically mention b*tches and hoes. Though he does mention behaviors that could be associated with this words.

In 'US' O'Shea, raps about how in the past Caucasians oppressed black people for 400 hundred years, before lamenting the killing or murder of black people by drug peddlers and gang members residing in Today's world.

Here O'Shea sharply criticizes black Americans pointing a finger at white people while ignoring their own culpability for the Struggles, Pain and Hardships faced by far too many black or American citizens of African descent:

We're messin' up ourselves and blame the white man But don't point the finger you ji**aboo Take a look at yourself ya dumb ni**a you

IM2, O'Shea's 'US' rap is filled with many insights and truths I'd like to discuss.

Though based on your track record for declining to engage me in an honest discussion, I fear you have no interest in further examining O'Shea's urban-TRUTH-telling 'US' lyrics that you shared with me for discussion.

Ice Cube - Us

Ice Cube – Us Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Quoting the first contributor offering opinions & insights about this particular song on the genius.com lyrics page:

"Ice Cube delivers a scathing critique of the Black community being lazy, not helping each other out and contributing to their own downfall via gangs, drug dealing, jealousy, and caring about materialism."

US Lyrics:

Could you tell me who released our animal instinct?
And the white man sittin' there tickled pink
Laughin' at us on the avenue
Bustin' caps at each other after havin' brew
We can't enjoy ourselves
Too busy jealous
At each other's wealth
Commin' up is just in me
But the Black community is full of envy
Too much back stabbin'
While I look up the street I see all the japs grabbin'
Every vacant lot in my neighborhood
Build a store, and sell their goods
To the county recips
You know us po ni**as, nappy hair and big lips?
Four or five babies on your crotch
And you expect Uncle Sam to help us out?

We ain't nothin' but porch monkeys
To the average bigot, redneck honky
You say comin' up is a must
But before we can come up, take a look at US

Break em off some

And all y'all dope-dealers
Your as bad as the po-lice cause ya kill us
You got rich when you started slangin' dope
But you ain't built us a supermarket
So when can spend our money with the blacks

Too busy buyin' gold an' Caddilacs
That's what ya doin' with the money that ya raisin'
Exploitin' us like the Caucasians did
For four hundred years, I got four hundred tears for four hundred peers
Died last year from gang-related crimes
That's why I got gang-related rhymes
But when I do a show ta kick some facts
We're messin' up ourselves and blame the white man
But don't point the finger you ji**aboo
Take a look at yourself ya dumb ni**a you

Pretty soon hip-hop won't be so nice
No Ice Cube, just Vanilla Ice
And y'all sit and scream and cuss
But there's no one ta blame, but US

Break em off some

Us will always sing the blues
'Cause all we care about is hairstyles and tennis shoes
But if ya step on mine ya pushed a button
"Cause I'll beat you down like it ain't nothin'
Just like a beast
But I'm the first ni**a ta holler out (peace, black man)
I beat my wife and children to a pulp
When I get drunk and smoke dope
Got a bad heart condition
Still eat hog-mogs an' chitlin's
Bet my money on the dice and the horses
Jobless, so I'm a hope for the armed forces
Go to church but they tease us
Wit' a picture of a blue-eyed Jesus
They used to call me Negro
After all this time I'm still bustin' up the chiffarobe
No respect and didn't know it
And I'm havin' more babies than I really can afford
In jail 'cause I can't pay the mother

Held back in life because of my color
Now this is just a little summary
Nobody gives a fuck about

Songwriters: George Clinton / William Bootsy Collins / O'shea Jackson / Anthony Wheaton / Bernie Worrell
In closing, generally speaking, I BELIEVE men raised by women who showed them love, kindness, caring and respect throughout their formative years, are not going to mature into apparent angry teen boys and adult men embarrassing their loving moms by writing or supporting music that denigrates women. Again, this is my opinion.

Peace.
___
____
"I would have never been able to do this work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D., Professor, Author, Child Abuse & Violence Researcher

Punk you are the one not wanting to engage in honest debate.

You see, the problem with you is that you stay stuck in perpetual white ass kissing mode, Yes this song was a call for black people not to let themselves fall in the trap white racists want. A trap you have fallen into. So while you want to repeat the saltine chronicles, Ice Cub has spoken out for years on the modern way whites practice racism.

He spoke a truth about the rap music industry that you ignore.

And he and a few others spoke a truth we now see in high definition over 30 years ago .

NWA Fuck Tha Police video High Quality

And just in case, he provided a re assessment not long ago.

Ice Cube - Good Cop Bad Cop (Official Video)

We are free now Avery, we don't have to kiss the white mans ass anymore.

In Living Color Subliminal Message

Forum List

Back