Personal Responsibility

An oft stated political "value" that I see posted here repeatedly by self-professed conservative republicans is the importance of personal responsibility. As a concept, I happen to agree completely. However, the way this alleged "value" is used to debate specific issues comes across as a thinly veiled euphamism for the virtue of selfishness and the "every man for himself" mantra.

Does personal responsibility REALLY mean every man for himself?

It means take responsibility for yourself and do not burden society with meeting your wants and needs. Do it yourself. I am not surprised you OWS parasites don't really get it.

So if you need an ambulance because you're having a heart attack, you've got your own?

Yes! When you have a heart attack, do not call an ambulance. You can do this on your own. Make sure to let us know (or have your heirs do it) how it all turns out for you.

Another troll thread.

If you stop cranking out babies by several different fathers, you will have a better chance of supporting yourself.

That sounds kind of sexist. What of the personal responsibility of the fathers? The women usually are the ones that take care of their children, btw.

I am in total agreement. The fathers of these children are more irresponsible than the mothers. Absolutely.

Forum List

Back