Personal responsibility

If one supports a "thing" be it a politician, war, etc does one bear a portion of the blame for any bad results of the thing they supported?

Depends on how much direct support was given, and if the results were foreseeable.

Like supporting the fall of the Egyptian government. Only a fool couldn't foresee the muslim on christian violence.

so the results have to be forseeable?

I disagree.

You posted in the thread on proof of Tea Party gun violence that they were responisble for the violence of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the thread on mercury levels when ask for proof that government accepted levels of mercury wer dangerous you posted a link to a claim that Autism was caused by Mercury in vaccines. When called on it you claimed the right made those claims so it was not a left thing. I pointed out if you knew the threads you also knew before you posted that autism was caused by mercury in vaccines that those threads had numerous links to facts, studies and testimony that mercury had absolutely nothing to do with autism.

dodging personal responsibility I see.

Still lying? Or can't you post a link to what I actually posted?

I will NOT take responsibility for something I did not do.

If proven wrong I will apologize.

Are you senile?

Nope but I have to wonder about you. Senile or a liar?

Provide the proof to back up what you said or STFU.

In theory, yes! But, if a politician claims s/he'll do this and that is the premise to which s/he was elected and then fails to do such, then, no.

That would depend on their past record.
If a politician has a history of doing things contrary to what they promise to do only a fool would believe them and support them.

If the politician has no real previous history thn you might have a point.

But as we all should know by now ALL politicians lie in one form or another.

I believe anybody who voted Obama/Biden should assume partial responsibility for this failed administration and the messes they have created.

If one supports a "thing" be it a politician, war, etc does one bear a portion of the blame for any bad results of the thing they supported?

Is this a pro-abortion thread?

Nope. But that could be one of the things.
It is a general personal responsibility thread.

I am so GLAD you brought up " personal responsibility"!
Tell me which law do you follow when driving in a school zone:
A) local law that says speed limit is 20mph
or
B) the law of physics which says you can't stop quick enough at 40mph?

My point in case you are not clear is do you think it is more efficient to have a cop on every corner or would it be more efficient to teach our kids constantly and everywhere with as much evangelism as global warming that it is better for all, more efficient use of resources if we follow the rule:
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"?

Do you still not get it and cynically repeat the golden rule.."them that has gold rule???"

Again my point is "personal responsibility" IS NOT a commonly taught principle YET we are spending billions in "global warming" a form of the "Golden Rule".. but everyone probably you too think it is a religious tenet!

If business execs, politicians,etc. were trained,brainwashed,inculcated, taught, if all of us were that the practical efficient cost saving by adhering to the golden rule rules,regulations,EPA,OSHA trillions of dollars WASTED would be dramatically reduced!

The "GOLDEN RULE" works! I know...
I drive at 20mph not because it is the law but because if I can't stop quick enough and the kid's life I might save could go on to be a great ball player!!!!

So you just posted that as a what?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/191612-stop-mercury-pollution-now.html

You claiming mercury causes autism. Wait, didn't you just say you never said that?

Idiot!

This my post (#11 in that thread)

"the suddenly higher rates of autism have been blamed on vaccines. "

If you are saying that I claimed...

Your reading comprehension sucks big time.

I am still waiting on proof.

LOL your game of semantics may work on the idiots that will support you simply because of political affiliation.

Now remind us how you are all for personal responsibility.

I just finished reviewing all of my posts in that thread and I still maintain that you are either not too bright or lying.

Is this a pro-abortion thread?

Nope. But that could be one of the things.
It is a general personal responsibility thread.

I am so GLAD you brought up " personal responsibility"!
Tell me which law do you follow when driving in a school zone:
A) local law that says speed limit is 20mph
or
B) the law of physics which says you can't stop quick enough at 40mph?

My point in case you are not clear is do you think it is more efficient to have a cop on every corner or would it be more efficient to teach our kids constantly and everywhere with as much evangelism as global warming that it is better for all, more efficient use of resources if we follow the rule:
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"?

Do you still not get it and cynically repeat the golden rule.."them that has gold rule???"

Again my point is "personal responsibility" IS NOT a commonly taught principle YET we are spending billions in "global warming" a form of the "Golden Rule".. but everyone probably you too think it is a religious tenet!

If business execs, politicians,etc. were trained,brainwashed,inculcated, taught, if all of us were that the practical efficient cost saving by adhering to the golden rule rules,regulations,EPA,OSHA trillions of dollars WASTED would be dramatically reduced!

The "GOLDEN RULE" works! I know...
I drive at 20mph not because it is the law but because if I can't stop quick enough and the kid's life I might save could go on to be a great ball player!!!!
Even if every parent taught their children personal responsibility we would still need just as many laws and regulation because the concept of personal responsibly is very subjective. In some environments where there is no work to be had, stealing food so your family doesn't starve is being personally responsible. In your example of a 20 mph school zone, some people would feel 30mph is a very responsible speed to drive because they believed they could control their vehicle in an emergency at that speed. A bangbanger may feel his responsibility is to the gang not society. There are parents that teach their children to do unto others before they do it unto you. No, teaching personal responsibility is no substitute for laws and regulations that govern our society.

I think we should be responsible for our own words and actions. If I appoint somebody to a position of authority then I'd say I should bear some responsibility for whatever he/she does. But if I vote for somebody who gets elected to public office then it's not really my fault if he/she screws up. However, if I vote for the SOB again, then I'd say yes, I and everyone else who re-elects the person should bear some responsibility.

Seems to me that we as a group bear some responsibility for not holding our elected reps accountable for their actions. We should be knowledgeable about what's going on and voice our concerns as necessary. If we don't do that or we don't vote then I think that collectively we're all at least partly responsible for what happens.

Forum List

Back