personal religious expieriences

God is a God of miracles. I've seen them. I've experienced them.

I've felt the love of God in my life. His glory and power wrapped around me. I've been humbled by what I've experienced.

And I hope that I will have many more experiences with the Lord before I leave this life. Because I want to learn so much.

Once, when I was a teenager and living in California in the 60's, I took LSD and road the Roller Coaster in Santa Cruz 7 times in a row. It was the closest I ever had to a "religious experience".

Once, when I was a teenager and living in California in the 60's, I took LSD and road the Roller Coaster in Santa Cruz 7 times in a row. It was the closest I ever had to a "religious experience".

That explains so much

Ok- spiritual experience #2:

Went for a swim to a waterfall w/my brother. He turned back but I figured I could make it. Never was a good swimmer. I got tired, cramped up, went under. I thought for sure I bought the farm. My life "passed before me" more as a feeling, not a vision. But it was all there and it was really neat. Said a prayer on the way underwater. Saw the "bright light" and figured it w/be like going to sleep.

Well, under my foot out of nowhere was a rock just big enough to support me on one foot. Got my nose above the water, caught my breath and rested- then swam to shore. Puked my guts out and broke down crying.

The end. :D

Not trying to belittle what I'm sure was a traumatizing experience, but the rock being there seems like coincidence to me.

Too often 'miracles' just seem like coincidences. Coincidence happen to all of us, everyday, but when they are a little bigger than finding change in the couch, all of a sudden, it's God's work.

People of faith don't believe in coincidences. Coincidences are less likely than a Supreme Being.

I am a confirmed atheist and if I ever heard voices, I'd be getting to a neurologist right quick.

Have you read "Eat Pray Love"?

No. I'm not a chick.

First: A chicken is an animal which produces eggs for breakfast. I´ve never met a chicken who can read. When you mean this is a book for woman, you might have your reasons for it.

Second: Even if this book was written by a woman and is mostly read by women, nobody forbids you to read it anyway, even if another male approves it to you.

I drown when I was about 8 and had that near end of life experience no doubt you have all read about.

I do not think that was a religious awakening or calling since at the time (being 8 and all) I had absolute faith anyway.

Ok- spiritual experience #2:

Went for a swim to a waterfall w/my brother. He turned back but I figured I could make it. Never was a good swimmer. I got tired, cramped up, went under. I thought for sure I bought the farm. My life "passed before me" more as a feeling, not a vision. But it was all there and it was really neat. Said a prayer on the way underwater. Saw the "bright light" and figured it w/be like going to sleep.

Well, under my foot out of nowhere was a rock just big enough to support me on one foot. Got my nose above the water, caught my breath and rested- then swam to shore. Puked my guts out and broke down crying.

The end. :D

Not trying to belittle what I'm sure was a traumatizing experience, but the rock being there seems like coincidence to me.

Too often 'miracles' just seem like coincidences. Coincidence happen to all of us, everyday, but when they are a little bigger than finding change in the couch, all of a sudden, it's God's work.

People of faith don't believe in coincidences. Coincidences are less likely than a Supreme Being.

Coincidences are less likely than a supreme being? I just don't buy that. What's the proof?

Have you read "Eat Pray Love"?

No. I'm not a chick.

First: A chicken is an animal which produces eggs for breakfast. I´ve never met a chicken who can read. When you mean this is a book for woman, you might have your reasons for it.

Second: Even if this book was written by a woman and is mostly read by women, nobody forbids you to read it anyway, even if another male approves it to you.

If I meant to say chicken I would have and I don't need a woman to give me advice on how to eat or love. being an atheist I don't pray.

and I don't need a woman to tell me how to eat pray or love.

Forum List

Back