Personal Manifesto

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
To John Kerry: I hope you get four years to try to improve this country.
To George Bush: If re-elected, I hope you have four better years, and I hope that you improve this country.

I'm a liberal, and I will vote for Johny Kerry. I am not a Bush hater. I disagree with many of his policies, but when he makes a policy decision, I always hope in turns out to be a good (if not the best) course of action. I believe that George Bush wants what is best for America, but I'm not sure if what George Bush wants is best for America. I believe that what John Kerry wants would be better for America than what George Bush wants. I do not vandalize Bush/Cheney posters. I don't think conservatives are "crazy" or "hate America" or "are brainwashed", etc. I think both liberal and conservative ideologies could work, and I believe the holders of those ideologies both essentially want the best for the country, are good people, and believe their ideology is more effective than the other.

I will support whoever takes office, will not whine if my candidate loses. I will be vocal about my disagreements with whomever is in power. I will not be a partisan hack, I will not toe the party line at every turn. I will protest what needs to be protested. I will support what needs to be supported. I will try not to judge people based on their political affiliation. I will try not to judge people based on their sexual orientation.

I will ask what can I do for my country. If I am drafted to serve in my country's military, I will report for duty promptly and proudly.

I will try not to view things through a liberal lense. I realize the limitations imposed on my perspective and judgement, as a function of geography, socioeconomics, peers, and media exposure. I will try to use my common sense when making decisions on who to vote for, or what to vote for. I will not vote for a (d) or an (r), I will vote for what is good and just, I will vote against what is bad and unjust.

I will not force my views on anyone; social, political, sexual, etc. I will let my children make their own political and religious choices. I will not attempt to subvert their instincts with my principles.

I will never stop eating holiday oreos.

Excellent post - if more people felt this way - what a pleasant world this would be!!

This post irks the hell out of me; Let's go over the reasons why. Shall we?

nakedemperor said:
I disagree with many of his policies, but when he makes a policy decision, I always hope in turns out to be a good (if not the best) course of action.
How upbeat of you to hope for the best! Good two shoes much?

I believe that George Bush wants what is best for America, but I'm not sure if what George Bush wants is best for America.
Too Johnny Cochran.
I believe that what John Kerry wants would be better for America than what George Bush wants.
Does this really need to be said? Isn't this implied of any support of a candidate?
I do not vandalize Bush/Cheney posters. I don't think conservatives are "crazy" or "hate America" or "are brainwashed", etc. I think both liberal and conservative ideologies could work, and I believe the holders of those ideologies both essentially want the best for the country, are good people, and believe their ideology is more effective than the other.
Congratulations, you're not a vandal?

Both ideologies could work? And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

Nor do i believe that both parties want whats best for america. Libs want to help the antiamericans of the world curtail the Pox Americana, as they jokingly refer to it. ahahah . America's a disease. Funny.
I will support whoever takes office, will not whine if my candidate loses. I will be vocal about my disagreements with whomever is in power. I will not be a partisan hack, I will not toe the party line at every turn. I will protest what needs to be protested. I will support what needs to be supported. I will try not to judge people based on their political affiliation. I will try not to judge people based on their sexual orientation.

"I will be a fencesitter, i will be a flip flopper, I will be politically correct"
I realize the limitations imposed on my perspective and judgement, as a function of geography, socioeconomics, peers, and media exposure. I will try to use my common sense when making decisions on who to vote for, or what to vote for. I will not vote for a (d) or an (r), I will vote for what is good and just, I will vote against what is bad and unjust.
More political correctness ("My mind is corrupted by my whiteness"), and glittering generality. For "good" and against "bad", are you sure you wanna go with that position?
I will not force my views on anyone; social, political, sexual, etc. I will let my children make their own political and religious choices. I will not attempt to subvert their instincts with my principles.

While your trying not to subverts your child's instincts, who's gonna clean their shit off the rug and keep them from impregnating the neighborhood girls?

If this thing was too harsh, I apologize. I'm just in a shitty mood.

Avenger-- I appreciate your feedback, but do you honestly believe that liberals don't want what's best for America?

I don't if that means a) what liberals want is not good for America (valid) or b) liberals don't want good things for America ( :wtf: ).

I couldn't disagree more, if its the latter.

And in terms of cleaning up shit and advocating safe sex...I didn't mean I'm going to raise children completely devoid of moral direction. I meant I'm going to let them make their own decision about which religious institution to frequent (if any) and which party to support.

nakedemperor said:
Avenger-- I appreciate your feedback, but do you honestly believe that liberals don't want what's best for America?

I don't if that means a) what liberals want is not good for America (valid) or b) liberals don't want good things for America ( :wtf: ).

I couldn't disagree more, if its the latter.

And in terms of cleaning up shit and advocating safe sex...I didn't mean I'm going to raise children completely devoid of moral direction. I meant I'm going to let them make their own decision about which religious institution to frequent (if any) and which party to support.

Liberals want to curtail U.S. control and influence. they want to consult and trust nations and institutions which have already proven corrupt. What does John kerry think of oil for food? Has he even mentioned it? It seems to have no affect on his opinion that the U.N. is the answer to the worlds problems, but it should have an effect.

Liberals in the environmentalist subsect wish the western world would stop unfairly using the worlds resources, but they fall mute when we ask them to tell people that about half of them will be laid off due to environmental conerns, and they can no longer feed their families. Environmentalism is antihuman. Screw the Kyoto Accords!

Oh yeah, and fuck the U.N.!

rtwngAvngr said:
Liberals want to curtail U.S. control and influence. they want to consult and trust nations and institutions which have already proven corrupt. What does John kerry think of oil for food? Has he even mentioned it? It seems to have no affect on his opinion that the U.N. is the answer to the worlds problems, but it should have an effect.

Liberals in the environmentalist subsect wish the western world would stop unfairly using the worlds resources, but they fall mute when we ask them to tell people that about half of them will be laid off due to environmental conerns, and they can no longer feed their families. Environmentalism is antihuman. Screw the Kyoto Accords!

Oh yeah, and fuck the U.N.!

I gotcha. So this is A.? That is, what liberals want is bad for America.

(and not liberals want to do harm to the country, to clarify).

with so many on the board claiming liberals are gonna start civil war if they lose, here you have a young person with a mature view on things.

for real though, a great manifesto that shows wisdom beyond the years. another 21 year old more mature than me :banana:

Not bad. It will be interesting to see how the personal manifesto changes after the election (for those that post them).

nakedemperor said:
I gotcha. So this is A.? That is, what liberals want is bad for America.

(and not liberals want to do harm to the country, to clarify).

I think many want to actually see the economy contract so the growth of the scourge of capitalism across the globe stops. It's a and b. what they want is bad for the country and they know it, though they lie about it.

Forum List

Back