personal library

I think this is true about any form of art that a person keeps (books, music, movies, etc.). Generally speaking, you're only going to have things that you enjoy around, and that would dictate the sort of person you are.

For the record, here's the books in my personal library (excluding the ones in storage)...

Bible
White Teeth - Zadie Smith
Outside Providence - Peter Farrelly
The Comedy Writer - Peter Farrelly
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers
Complete Guide to the Simpsons
The Idiot - Dostoyevsky
Good Will Hunting screenplay - Matt Damon & Ben Affleck
Jackie Brown screenplay - Quentin Tarantino
From Dusk Til Dawn screenplay - Quentin Tarantino
The Informers - Bret Easton Ellis
Glamorama - Bret Easton Ellis
Downer's Grove - Michael Hornburg
Red Sky at Morning - Richard Bradford
All I Need to Know About Filmmaking I Learned From The Toxic Avenger - Lloyd Kaufman
Spike, Mike, Slackers, and Dykes - John Pearson
Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese - Mike Nelson
Eating the Cheshire Cat - Helen Ellis
Wiseguy - Nicholas Pileggi

Originally posted by jon_forward
I have been told that you can see into a persons soul by the books they keep. Do you think this is true and why? :cof:

I don't believe in a soul per se, but I do think that you can tell an awful lot about people by what they read. However, I like to read books on many things which I don't necessarily agree with or partake of- but I want to be educated about my preferences not ignorant so I sometimes read some off the wall stuff. I'd hate to think that because I read books on true crime, anyone would infer I am planning a murder!

My library is way too big to list everything in it... suffice to say that it's about evenly split between military history, religion, and current events, with a smattering of some other stuff in there, like Tom Clancy.

Since most everything I have is in storage my library is bare.

My collection consists of alot of Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, and ravenloft. Fantasy/SciFi

Tom clancy is another of my favorites as well as Stephen King and Dean Koontz.

My wife and I also have an extensive new age section with alot of homeopathic medicine and spirituality books.

I will go ahead and agree that what a person has in their personal library does say a whole lot about them.

I don't have many books anymore. I used to have tons of them when I was a kid, and most of them went to my own daughters, so they grace their bookshelves as well.

I do check out most of my books from the library, but there are a few that I did buy.

I have several Bibles

a couple of books on understanding the Bible

a couple of books on Catholicism, including the Complete Idiots Guide to Catholicism

2 books on Princess Diana - one Sandy gave me, and the other I have had since I was 13. That is how old I was when they got married, and I wanted "The Royal Wedding Book" It was an expensive book that came out right after they got married, and I got it for Christmas that year...

I have a book that is really my mother's, called "Limbo" and it is about military wives of POW's during the Vietnam War... its fiction, but very good...

I also have my beloved autobiography by Donny Osmond called "Life Is Just What You Make It".

Of course, like I said, I have read all of the Left Behind series, and every book of Nicholas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans, but I have checked all of them out... I am a cheapskate who doesn't buy many books...

Forum List

Back