Personal experience

No good deed goes unpunished.

In a town where there had been two weeks of temperatures at or below -20 degrees F. I was approached by a man who had lost his gloves.

I took him into a store and bought him the best, warmest gloves they had.

But he didn't put them on.

He took them into the nearest bar and sold them for two shots and a beer.

A week later he was mooching again so I took him to breakfast and sat with him as he ate. Amazingly his fingers had not been frostibtten. Think that thru. Now I wonder whether he round a way to puke up the breakfast in the bar for another drink......and I think he probably didn't, so I might have done it right that time.

But no more gloves.

Black people tend to avoid trailer parks. Its no surprise there are no Black people in your town.

I would take a trailer park over the ghetto any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must be white. I hate meth heads and smelly white people.
Yet I (or you as a black man) could walk through a trailer park at night and have no fear of getting attacked or robbed. However, if either of us walked through the ghetto, there is a high probability we would get attacked or robbed. As a white guy it is nearly a certainty for me.

Trailer parks have issues, but you don't see the gangland violence, carjackings and the prevalence of mugging and assaults associated with the ghettos. Yet poverty wise they might both be at the same level.

I am walking to the metra on my way home from work an obvious non-homeless black woman asks me for money. I tell her I can't help her. Her response, " I hope you die in you sleep you racist ass cracker." She called me a racist fag for not giving her money. I kept walking another black man who was obviously homeless asked me for money. I told him I couldn't help him. He said in a nice voice,"God bless and I hope you have a wonder night."

I turned around and gave him the only thing I had in my wallet a twenty. Kindness and gratefulness go a long way.

And then you woke up. :laugh:
Walk around the loop between 5-7 and you will see tons of hopeless people. Most say nice things like the second man I encounter. Very few are nasty like that woman. You can mock or call me a liar, but I generally give away my loose change on the way to the metra. It was the truth.

Forum List

Back