Personal Debt

Mishra

Rookie
Mar 22, 2011
I'm having some trouble with personal finances and am not really sure how to get out of it. I'm in debt with student loans, credit card debt, car debt, and a mortgage.

I also have a lot of monthly fees that is really eating up my income. Some of the fees include

Cable, Gas/ele, garbage, cell phone, home telephone, internet, donating to hunger poor military cancer aids kids neighborhood city, bingo, gambling, pool cleaning, country club, time shares, eating out, insurance flood/earthquake/car/house, many different clubs, private schooling, volleyball/basketball practice, and a few others.

My mortgage is about 350,000 dollars, car debt is 15,000, credit card debt is about 80,000, and student loans are around 150,000. Which leads me about 595k in debt.

Monthly fees about 8,500 dollars a month.

I bring in about net 60,000 dollars a year which is great money and I should be able to do most things. That's 5,000 a month.

I'm not sure what is wrong here... But for some reason bills are piling up. I've asked my friends and they gave me a few solutions. Which one should I choose?

1. Sell 1 of my TVs and pay off some of the debt. Reduce going out to eat by 1 night a year. In 10 years, I should eventually take over my pool cleaning. And have a yard sale sometimes. That should reduce my monthly to 8,300 a month and my debt to 465k in debt over 10 years.

2. Sell some of the time shares to a friend, but keep it because I still need to go on vacation. Stop going to the 5 dollars slots, instead go to the 1 dollars and maybe cut a little out of bingo. Pay more into the overall debt. Should reduce it to 8,250 a month and my debt to 430k over 10 years.

3. Stop eating out completely. Quit donating my money. Sell my time share. Get rid of my home telephone, insurance, clubs, country club, bingo, gambing, clean my own pool, sell my car and take the bus, and sell a lot of assets to reduce the interest on the debt. And MORE. Basically ruin my life.

I can't consider option 3 so I say that's out. I mean I love my life style, why should I change? I think option 1,2 are great ideas and I could keep putting the monthly payments on credit cards or other loans. In 10 years, I reduced the current debt to 465k... Although someone said if I spend 8,300 a month, and only take in 5000, then 10 years I would have increase my debt by 400k... But that doesn't make sense so should I choose option 1 or 2?

PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Since this is in politics forum I would say follow the Tea Patry's advise and default?

Default AND pick option 3? It would ruin my life. I think option 1 and 2 are great options and make perfect sense.

If I can put more money into the credit cards/loans I should be OK and it wouldn't ruin my life. Right?

Sorry but I only give political advise and such on here.

Our lives are mostly the result of choices WE have made.

'PLEASE HELP'

Fake scenario...wait....you must be Tim Geitner!

lol yes it's a politically driven fake scenario.

I just don't understand how anyone could logically pick #1 and #2. This is simply what we are facing.. And logically the only scenario that has any kind of bearing is #3. So why do some Americans not want to do it?

I'm having some trouble with personal finances and am not really sure how to get out of it. I'm in debt with student loans, credit card debt, car debt, and a mortgage.

I also have a lot of monthly fees that is really eating up my income. Some of the fees include

Cable, Gas/ele, garbage, cell phone, home telephone, internet, donating to hunger poor military cancer aids kids neighborhood city, bingo, gambling, pool cleaning, country club, time shares, eating out, insurance flood/earthquake/car/house, many different clubs, private schooling, volleyball/basketball practice, and a few others.

My mortgage is about 350,000 dollars, car debt is 15,000, credit card debt is about 80,000, and student loans are around 150,000. Which leads me about 595k in debt.

I bring in about net 60,000 dollars a year which is great money and I should be able to do most things. That's 5,000 a month.

I'm not sure what is wrong here... But for some reason bills are piling up. I've asked my friends and they gave me a few solutions. Which one should I choose?

1. Sell 1 of my TVs and pay off some of the debt. Reduce going out to eat by 1 night a year. In 10 years, I should eventually take over my pool cleaning. And have a yard sale sometimes. That should reduce my monthly to 8,300 a month and my debt to 465k in debt over 10 years.

2. Sell some of the time shares to a friend, but keep it because I still need to go on vacation. Stop going to the 5 dollars slots, instead go to the 1 dollars and maybe cut a little out of bingo. Pay more into the overall debt. Should reduce it to 8,250 a month and my debt to 430k over 10 years.

3. Stop eating out completely. Quit donating my money. Sell my time share. Get rid of my home telephone, insurance, clubs, country club, bingo, gambing, clean my own pool, sell my car and take the bus, and sell a lot of assets to reduce the interest on the debt. And MORE. Basically ruin my life.

I can't consider option 3 so I say that's out. I mean I love my life style, why should I change? I think option 1,2 are great ideas and I could keep putting the monthly payments on credit cards or other loans. In 10 years, I reduced the current debt to 465k... Although someone said if I spend 8,300 a month, and only take in 5000, then 10 years I would have increase my debt by 400k... But that doesn't make sense so should I choose option 1 or 2?

PLEASE HELP

#3 is the only logical choice that can be made if you are sincere about getting out of debt.

Will it suck? Yes, for awhile. But not nearly as much as it will suck when you crash and burn from debt-overload, which is the only outcome from choices #1 and #2.

Suck now for a little or suck later for a lot.

Interestingly you cite everything but your job and salary. If you are young enough why not consider enlisting in the Military? It will pay off your student loans and make you an "Army of One" or give you "Not just a career but an adventure" or you can become one of the "Few and the Proud" instead of whining about how bad you have it in the greatest Country in the world.

Since this is in politics forum I would say follow the Tea Patry's advise and default?

Default AND pick option 3? It would ruin my life. I think option 1 and 2 are great options and make perfect sense.

If I can put more money into the credit cards/loans I should be OK and it wouldn't ruin my life. Right?

If you don't mind me asking, did you vote for Obama in 08?

PLEASE HELP

Get an Obamacare waiver asap.......

Forum List

Back