Persecution

Then there are the gays, persecuted by the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Funny, gays are the children of, get this, Christians, Jews and Muslims. Talk about "familiy values".

Gays are not being persecuted by Christians or Jews. Everyone but Muslims are being persecuted by the Muslims.

Persecution is not being done by Christians, but, just as Christians and Jews, and even Muslims are discriminated against from time to time, so are gays.

Following one's "religious" beliefs is not considered persecution in the way mentioned by the poster. Often it might look like, or even be discrimination, but not persecution.

Then there are the gays, persecuted by the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Funny, gays are the children of, get this, Christians, Jews and Muslims. Talk about "familiy values".

Gays are not being persecuted by Christians or Jews. Everyone but Muslims are being persecuted by the Muslims.

Persecution is not being done by Christians, but, just as Christians and Jews, and even Muslims are discriminated against from time to time, so are gays.

Following one's "religious" beliefs is not considered persecution in the way mentioned by the poster. Often it might look like, or even be discrimination, but not persecution.

Smartt, you trying to pretend that the catholic church doesn't discriminate against gays? Then you're an imbecile. But we knew that already.

Columbine was not Christian persecution, those two monsters tried to kill as many people as possible. They set up bombs in the cafeteria and other places trying to cause mass casualties. You can't tell me they thought that everyone killed was going to be Christian.

Although like I said this thread is only for persecution by the legal system not some people acting like assholes to others because of their faith (with the possible exception of police officers acting on duty).

What about the girl that was killed....they asked her first if she was a christian and she said "yes". They shot her in the head.

Columbine was not Christian persecution, those two monsters tried to kill as many people as possible. They set up bombs in the cafeteria and other places trying to cause mass casualties. You can't tell me they thought that everyone killed was going to be Christian.

Although like I said this thread is only for persecution by the legal system not some people acting like assholes to others because of their faith (with the possible exception of police officers acting on duty).

What about the girl that was killed....they asked her first if she was a christian and she said "yes". They shot her in the head.

Urban legend.

Smartt, you trying to pretend that the catholic church doesn't discriminate against gays? Then you're an imbecile. But we knew that already.

I guess you did not read the part I highlighted above. I forgive you for allowing your attitufe to override what could have been an appropriate response on your part.

I guess you did not read the part I highlighted above. I forgive you for allowing your attitufe to override what could have been an appropriate response on your part.

Too bad right before the highlighted part you contradict yourself. Your premise is that gays are discriminated against in a trifling manner by christians. How about prop 8? The catholic church systematically discriminates against gays as a matter of policy as well, even though all the pope's have probably been fudge packers themselves. So most christians do it as a matter of religious principle, like you, you closet homo.

Too bad right before the highlighted part you contradict yourself. Your premise is that gays are discriminated against in a trifling manner by christians. How about prop 8? The catholic church systematically discriminates against gays as a matter of policy as well, even though all the pope's have probably been fudge packers themselves. So most christians do it as a matter of religious principle, like you, you closet homo.

There is a difference between discrimination and persecution. I made that clear. Yes, Christians are discriminating against gays, abortionists, and many others, id following our moral standards is what you are calling discriminating.

I have seen a couple of videos where it looks like the Christians are taunting gays, or abortionists, and I believe that is wrong, in both directions. However, to vote for or against something according to our moral values is not discriminating, IMO.

Persecution is more violent, and I know there is some of that going on among all kinds of people, including some very messed up Christians. It is wrong. That is about all I can say about that.

Columbine. The tapes the kids made before they went on their spree spelled out that they were going to target Christians. It's not urban legend, it's fact. The urban legend is that it wasn't motivated by hatred of Christians.

Christians arrested at gay demonstrations:
Protesting pastors jailed – signs wider than torsos

"Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman, Connecticut Democrat, noted that Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world today."
Jews Urge Christians to Stand Up to Persecution--"Learn from our example," they urge

"Tolerance of anti-Christian attitudes in the United States is escalating. Recently, a woman in Houston, Texas was ordered by local police to stop handing out gospel tracts to children who knocked on her door during Halloween. Officers informed her that such activity is illegal (not true), and that she would be arrested if she continued. In Madison, Wisconsin, the Freedom from Religion Foundation distributes anti-Christian pamphlets to public school children entitled, "We Can Be Good Without God." The entertainment industry and syndicated media increasingly vilify Christians as sewer rats, vultures, and simple-minded social ingrates. The FBI and the Clinton White House brand fundamentalist Christian groups as hate mongers and potential terrorists. The Council of Religious Leaders of Metropolitan Chicago warns that plans by Southern Baptists to hold a convention in the Windy City next year might foment "hate crimes" against minorities, causing some Christians to fear that speaking openly about their religious beliefs will soon be considered a crime. All this, while Christianity itself is often a target of hate-crime violence. We remember the students at Columbine, and the United Methodist minister who was fatally beaten and burned in a remote part of Chattanooga, Tennessee, to name a few of the recent examples of interpersonal violence aimed at believers."
Worthy Christian News » Persecution of Christians Growing in the United States

"Even though most Americans have never been persecuted like the Jews during the Holocaust, the persecution of Christians in the future in the United States could take on some of the same characteristics. First, Jews were isolated and marginalized. Second, the propaganda machines made the German people hate and develop prejudice toward all Jews. Ultimately, this persecution led to the mass annihilation of over six million Jewish men, women, and children. Unfortunately, these are some of the same procedures being used in America today against the Christian population. (1)

There are many seeds of persecution that exist in the United States. These “seeds” affect every part of the American culture. Since Americans are too involved with their day to day existence, they fail to see what is happening in their own country. Apparently, it is accepted that Christians would be persecuted in a communist country. However, Americans fail to realize that religious freedom in America today pertains to every religion except Christianity. This is seen in the ongoing effort by many members of Congress to pass Hate Crime legislation that targets the beliefs of Christians in the United States.
Since Christian persecution abounds in the United States, it is extremely important to fight back against it. Therefore, it is also important to know what types of persecution are happening in America’s own backyard. However, it is so depressing to see how the United States government is banning the truth and replacing it with tyranny. America is becoming a nation that anything will be accepted except the truths of the Bible. According to William Penn on January 3, 1701, “If we will not be governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants.” (3)

"....According to Berit Kjos of Kjos Ministries, “America’s tyranny toward Christians can be seen in the following trends and events. First, the United States Supreme Court is basing many of its decisions on United Nations and European models. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg stated, “The Supreme Court is looking beyond America's borders for guidance in handling cases on issues like the death penalty and gay rights.” (3) Also, Justice Breyer reaffirmed Justice Ginsburg as he stated, “The world is growing together through commerce, through globalization, through the spread of democratic institutions, through immigration to America. It is becoming more and more one world of many different kinds of people ... And whether our constitution fits into the governing documents of other nations, I think, will be a challenge for the next generation.” (3) Sadly, as stated by Berit Kjos, “Our world can't tolerate the old Biblical laws that identify certain behaviors as sin and certain beliefs as incompatible with Christian faith. Offended by the truth, it bans the convictions that once gave rise to social order and prosperity. Its new systems leave no room for an uncompromising moral standard which can't be conformed to man's shortsighted vision of the 21st century community. (3)

Second, the trashing of the Ten Commandments has become a new trend in America. In fact, Roy Moore, Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, sacrificed his esteemed position in an effort to save the Ten Commandments from being removed from the state judicial building. However, the un-American activities of the U.S. Supreme Court prevented his agenda from happening. But, according to Judge Moore, “We must acknowledge God in the public sector because the state constitution explicitly requires us to do so. The Alabama Constitution specifically invokes 'the favor and guidance of Almighty God' as the basis for our laws and justice system. As the chief justice of the state's Supreme Court, I am entrusted with the sacred duty to uphold the state's constitution.” (3)

The third major event in the persecution of Christians is the re-learning in government schools. Schools throughout the United States are eliminating all signs and symbols of the Christian faith. Discrimination toward the teachings of Jesus Christ has become the accepted norm in the public education systems in America. Any religion except Christianity is accepted in a nation founded on the Judeo-Christian ethical system. Students may write reports about Mohammed, but not Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son. (3)

Based on the methods used by intolerant, anti-Christian groups, public schools and the media are the major areas to be targeted for the purpose of indoctrinating America’s children. According to Thomas Horn, CEO of RaidersNewsNetwork, “If one succeeds in separating Godly principles from public education and the media, they deny citizens the knowledge of good and keep them from embracing the laws of God. To that extent, they are pawns of evil and subvert and destroy both the message and the messengers of righteousness.” (1)

Growing Christian Persecution in America:Believe It or Not

"Religious Persecution In America - Unregistered Churches Attacked By Feds Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Militia Vows To Defend Church! 2-25-00 THIS IS AN SOS FROM THE INDIANAPOLIS BAPTIST TEMPLE. Our church urgently needs your help at this time. We are under a vicious assault from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the U.S. Justice Department. Many observers have said that it is the greatest attack against religious liberty in the entire two-hundred and twenty-two year history of our nation. We know that it is impossible to believe, but our government is suing our church for $5.1 million in Federal Court. If our church loses this case, it will mean that our religious liberty as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution will be gone forever. Also, every church in America will lose their religious freedom too.

"Even though they can cite no law requiring the above mentioned things, they have persisted in their effort to totally crush us. They have made impossible demands, such as providing them a list of all those who have given $100 or more to our church over a three-year period. They have sent agents into our church and confiscated sermon material. They have kept an active file on our church ministry since 1971."
religious persecution happening now in america, it their church now but yours could be next

"For decades Christianity has been on the defensive in America, and it's gotten so bad now that many of our public institutions are actively anti-Christian. In Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity, David Limbaugh uncovers a mountain of evidence of large-scale, across-the-board discrimination against Christians in the public and academic spheres—accompanied by an alarming determination on the part of the left to eradicate Christian influences from our culture and even our history. Limbaugh points out trenchantly that the Constitution nowhere mandates a "wall of separation between church and state," but that hasn't stopped activist liberal judges from using a highly politicized interpretation of Constitutional law to do nothing less than wage war against our common culture and traditions. But that war isn't restricted only to the courts. Limbaugh documents concerted anti-Christian activity across the spectrum of modern life: in public schools, universities, and textbooks that denigrate or ignore Christianity, in wrangles over the presence of Christian symbols on government property, in the muzzling of public officials, in public attacks on churches and Christians, and even in attempts to drive Christianity out of the public activities of private enterprises."
- HUMAN EVENTS

There is a difference between discrimination and persecution. I made that clear. Yes, Christians are discriminating against gays, abortionists, and many others, id following our moral standards is what you are calling discriminating.

I have seen a couple of videos where it looks like the Christians are taunting gays, or abortionists, and I believe that is wrong, in both directions. However, to vote for or against something according to our moral values is not discriminating, IMO.

Persecution is more violent, and I know there is some of that going on among all kinds of people, including some very messed up Christians. It is wrong. That is about all I can say about that.

Link please.

Then let's look at some gay pride parades and their reaction to protesters.

Forum List

Back