Persecution

Father Time

I'll be Still Alive
Nov 29, 2008
I've heard Christians, Atheists, Jews and Muslims all claim they've been persecuted against to various degrees, never seen much examples shown so I thought I'd make a thread.

If you think your religion is being persecuted against in the United States then please post some recent examples of such persecution*

*persecution in this sense means persecution by the law not general hatred and bias by other groups or the public in general so no rabid religious/atheist folks who despise every other religion.

I've heard Christians, Atheists, Jews and Muslims all claim they've been persecuted against to various degrees, never seen much examples shown so I thought I'd make a thread.

If you think your religion is being persecuted against in the United States then please post some recent examples of such persecution*

*persecution in this sense means persecution by the law not general hatred and bias by other groups or the public in general so no rabid religious/atheist folks who despise every other religion.

Would forcing priests...pastors etc etc to perform gay marriages be considered religious persecution if that type of law were passed...??

For the record....I could give to shits if gays marry btw.

Would forcing priests...pastors etc etc to perform gay marriages be considered religious persecution if that type of law were passed...??

Yes it would.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints was persecuted by the law until 1890. It's followers were even invaded and threatened by the US Army in Utah in 1858. After the President fired Brigham Young as Governor of the Territory, never told him and sent the army to put down a fictitious rebellion so they could install the new Governor.

Mormons were arrested, beaten and murdered by mobs all across the Country during the 1800's Joseph Smith and his brother were arrested and allowed to be murdered by a mob. The Mormons built towns and then were forced to abandon their property when mobs attacked them, burned their houses and murdered them.

A group that no longer is a part of the Mormon Church but claims to be was persecutor in Texas just recently. They had over 450 children seized illegally, 30 of whom were grown women 18 and older. They were denied civil rights and Texas ignored the Constitution by refusing to honor birth Certificates from Utah and Arizona.

The Koresh compound saw the murder of over 80 Christians when they had actually broken no laws.

Just recently 2 School employees were arrested in Florida and JAILED , facing 6 months in jail for that horrible crime of PRAYING. The Class president who happened to be Christian was DENIED by a Judge the right to speak at the Graduation ceremony, even though that is what every class president before her had done and is part of that schools tradition. Why was she denied the right to speak, because she MIGHT have mentioned God. No evidence was presented she WOULD speak about God, the only evidence was that she was a devout Christian.

There is more but most of it never makes the national news.

Did I forget to mention that you need to post links to stories?

Then there are the gays, persecuted by the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Funny, gays are the children of, get this, Christians, Jews and Muslims. Talk about "familiy values".

Then there are the gays, persecuted by the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Funny, gays are the children of, get this, Christians, Jews and Muslims. Talk about "familiy values".
So are sluts, druggies, gossipers, murderers, liars, snoots and thieves, etc....or general assholes if that is the standard you are claiming for persecution. So what is your point? I don't hang with certain members of my family because I do not care for them or their ways. I don't do anything to damage them nor would I but I sure do not like their ways nor do I wish to be around them. Are you saying if someone simply does not like you or your personal habits they are persecuting you? If you are I say bullshit.

'War' on Christians Is Alleged

Worthy Christian News » Persecution of Christians Growing in the United States

Tolerance of anti-Christian attitudes in the United States is escalating. Recently, a woman in Houston, Texas was ordered by local police to stop handing out gospel tracts to children who knocked on her door during Halloween. Officers informed her that such activity is illegal (not true), and that she would be arrested if she continued.

Columbine

Then there are the people that claim religion is a problem when actually it is simple people are a problem...
Rise in violence against Messianic Jews and Christians

“Violence against Christian evangelical and Messianic Jewish communities in Israel increased significantly during the period between July 1, 2007 and June 30, 2008, according to the US State Department’s Annual Report on International Religious Freedom. The report, released last week, put blame for the “tensions” on “certain Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities.”

But except in one case, the report, which noted numerous incidents of discrimination or violence against Christian or Messianic Jewish communities or individuals, failed to prove that the perpetrators were Orthodox or ultra-Orthodox.

According to the US State Department, Jehovah’s Witnesses representatives reported a significant increase in assaults and other crimes against their members over the past 12-month period. Violent incidents were up from one to two a month in early 2007 to eight to nine a month in early 2008.” 2008 Report on International Religious Freedom

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTuqXiHzZtk]YouTube - Christians Assaulted in San Francisco[/ame]

Yes it would.

So you're taking hypothetical examples as well as actual examples?

So are sluts, druggies, gossipers, murderers, liars, snoots and thieves, etc....or general assholes if that is the standard you are claiming for persecution. So what is your point? I don't hang with certain members of my family because I do not care for them or their ways. I don't do anything to damage them nor would I but I sure do not like their ways nor do I wish to be around them. Are you saying if someone simply does not like you or your personal habits they are persecuting you? If you are I say bullshit.

So gays are sluts, druggies, gossipers, murderers, liars, snoots and thieves, etc....or general assholes? Don't forget, they also caused God to lift his veil of protection which directly led to 9/11. They are also the reason God sent Katrina to destroy New Orleans to stop a gay rights parade. Yea, it's all so clear.

If there were a God, I would pray that you don't have any brothers or sisters, aunts or uncles, sons or daughters who are gay. You would make their lives hell. I suspect you are a stain on humanity. The kind of stain you step in.

Funny, there are national and world wide organizations made up of gay scientists. Many doctors are gay.
Less than 6% of scientists are Republican, which means the percentage of scientists that share your type of religion is probably around 1% or less. That means your type depend way more on the gays than they depend on you. Ironic, isn't it?

I certainly would not like to see priests be forced to perform gay marriages. It's bad enough that they are already forced to perform bi-racial marriages and marriages of those of different faiths.

I am not going to look up links for stories that were NATIONAL HEADLINES when they happened. If you are to stupid too have seen them, to bad, rather I suspe3ct you just don't want evidence.

Or are you seriously claiming you never heard of the Koresh compound in Waco Texas? The religious compound in another part of Texas where over 400 children were seized? The School one JUST happened in the last few weeks. There is a thread on it on this board.

As for the Mormons it is a matter of HISTORICAL fact. Learn some History.

So gays are sluts, druggies, gossipers, murderers, liars, snoots and thieves, etc....or general assholes? Don't forget, they also caused God to lift his veil of protection which directly led to 9/11. They are also the reason God sent Katrina to destroy New Orleans to stop a gay rights parade. Yea, it's all so clear.

If there were a God, I would pray that you don't have any brothers or sisters, aunts or uncles, sons or daughters who are gay. You would make their lives hell. I suspect you are a stain on humanity. The kind of stain you step in.

Funny, there are national and world wide organizations made up of gay scientists. Many doctors are gay.
Less than 6% of scientists are Republican, which means the percentage of scientists that share your type of religion is probably around 1% or less. That means your type depend way more on the gays than they depend on you. Ironic, isn't it?
I have a cousin that is gay. He went after my children when they were young. I don't communicate with him nor do I care what the creep does. His mother is a nasty ole bitch too. Don't hang with her either. If that is making their life a living hell that is their own personal problem. My goodness you are a stupid ass aren't you.

I have had renters and employees that were gay. They used to come talk to me when they needed an ear to listen as we live in a pretty rural close minded community, I could care less what they do personally as long as they do not stuff their personal crap into my face. Just as much as I could care less what u do personally to yourself.

I have an ex sister-in-law that is a prostitute, I do do not like her at all even though it has not a damn thing to do with her profession it is her personality that sucks, she is a lying thieving ****. Damn I make her life hell by living five states away and not talking to her either. I did take in her son when she threw him out into the streets when he was 14 years old. Try as we could to help him but he turned out a drug addict, a thief and a liar. HE MADE THOSE PERSONAL DECISIONS. No he is not welcome in my home. Actually after he stole some money from some drug dealers and they attacked him on my parents front porch with a knife with my 70 plus year old dad in the balance he is not welcome there either. Damn we made his "life a living hell".

I have cousins that are sluts, no I do not like being around them, don't care to hear about their sexual exploits nor do I care for the people they hang with (after being attacked by the people they hang with when I was younger I do not care to do a repeat).

Your obviously just a stupid dick that thinks you know someone by judging from very little information about them. Your stats mean nothing other than you prejudge and you suck at sticking to an issue. You know nothing about my religion, my beliefs, my faith or me. See you are the type that would obviously attack and persecute someone for what you perceive about them in your own small mind with no actual knowledge about them, their belief, their faith, their life or their experience and knowledge.

Believe or not there is a God and yes He does create justice. Yet I tell you this, you would not be able to recognize it if it were in your face because you are blind, ignorant and deaf and you do not even know that. Truly there is nothing "funny" about that.

Yes it would.

So you're taking hypothetical examples as well as actual examples?

No just actual, if such a law were passed in the US that would be persecution but I don't know of any law so it doesn't count.

Columbine was not Christian persecution, those two monsters tried to kill as many people as possible. They set up bombs in the cafeteria and other places trying to cause mass casualties. You can't tell me they thought that everyone killed was going to be Christian.

Although like I said this thread is only for persecution by the legal system not some people acting like assholes to others because of their faith (with the possible exception of police officers acting on duty).

Last edited:

I do not think that Atheists are being persecuted....

I think they are being pressed into non existance!!

I certainly would not like to see priests be forced to perform gay marriages. It's bad enough that they are already forced to perform bi-racial marriages and marriages of those of different faiths.

Bump for the ongoing persecution of priests...pastors etc etc

Forum List

Back