Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust

Maybe I am wrong, but the homos, gypsies, russian prisoners, christians, etc.

Never seem to be included in the holocaust narratives of people being gassed.

Only the Jews claim to have been killed in the gas chambers. :doubt:
"Never" is an exaggeration. It's well known that other groups were persecuted.

Of course other groups were persecuted.

I was just pointing out that only the Jews claim to have allegedly been gassed.

But I haven't seen the homos, gypsies, russian prisoners, christians, etc. say they were gassed.

But I haven't seen the homos, gypsies, russian prisoners, christians, etc. say they were gassed.

Because you only see what you want to see. Some of the first reports of atrocities and gassing came from Jehovah's Witnesses who escaped from the camps and notified the American congregations.

Because you only see what you want to see. Some of the first reports of atrocities and gassing came from Jehovah's Witnesses who escaped from the camps and notified the American congregations.

"Their own religious beliefs (Jehovah's Witnesses) precluded armed resistance. Committed pacifists, they could even serve as barbers to the SS and work in their homes outside of the camps. The SS did not fear that they would escape".

Edition Temmen

So what gives Anguille?

You say the JW's excaped and told what was going on.

Yet, they and the Germans report that the JW's never tried to excape.

Last edited:

"Their own religious beliefs (Jehovah's Witnesses) precluded armed resistance. Committed pacifists, they could even serve as barbers to the SS and work in their homes outside of the camps. The SS did not fear that they would escape".

Edition Temmen

So what gives Anguille?

You say the JW's excaped and told what was going on.

Yet, they and the Germans report that the JW's never tried to excape.
Perhaps it was those who were released, not escaped, though I'm pretty sure it was escapees. It was quite possible to escape without being armed. I learned about it recently in PBS program about the Jehovah's Witnesses and how their beliefs and their determination not to go against them have helped win civil liberties in the US and abroad and brought about medical advances in bloodless surgery. I have new found respect for them and forgive them a tiny bit for regularly ruining my Sat afternoon nap with their door knocking and proselytizing.

Independent Lens . KNOCKING . Jehovah's Witnesses | PBS

"The Holocaust
Jehovah’s Witnesses’ staunch political neutrality has had profound historical costs. Read about the Witnesses and their roles and resistance during the Holocaust. More >>"

"By 1938, about 6,000 Witnesses had been sent to prisons and camps. They constituted five to 10 percent of the inmate population prior to the start of World War II. Jehovah’s Witness inmates were identified by purple triangles on their uniforms. The Nazis offered Witnesses their freedom if they would sign a document renouncing their faith, but most Witnesses refused. Witness prisoners banded together and helped each other to survive by sharing food and caring for the sick. Nearly 2,000 Witnesses died during the Hitler years, including 270 Witness men who were executed for refusing to join the German army."

Last edited:

Really? because I heard the account of Slavs, Jews, Poles, Gypsies, homosexuals, communists, and a whole host of others when I was in school.
Perhaps you should have gone to a better school.

Really? because I heard the account of Slavs, Jews, Poles, Gypsies, homosexuals, communists, and a whole host of others when I was in school.

I am sure that you were taught an alternate version of history at Heb High School :eusa_angel:

Maybe in the past homos, gypsies, Russian prisoners, and Christians didn't have a loud enough PAC to give them any voice about the subject.

Forum List

Back