Perry's meeting with cancer patient was AFTER exe. order--not before as he stated.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Sep 23, 2011.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,148
    Perry's meeting with cancer patient 'lobbyist' only came after his executive order | The American Independent

We witnessed Perry jumping into this campaign and leading by double-digits before even participating in a single debate. We have seen him in 3 debates since--and his poll numbers are dropping. Primary voters are starting to see sides of Perry that they do not like. His stance on Social Security--Immigration and now this over his executive order.--and what he stated during the debate last night

While during the debate he mentioned he had only one lobbyist on his executive order for all young 11 and 12 years to have this drug--to prevent some type of cervical cancer--he stated" "I only had one lobbyist--it was a 31 year old woman who was dying from cervical cancer." It turns out that he didn't meet this woman until AFTER he issued this executive order.

I think this executive order came out of the typical you scratch my back--I'll scratch yours--aka croni Capitalism. This is not good news for Rick Perry--Americans are sick and tired of politicians being lobbied by special interest groups--and politicians bending to their demands out of political--profitable reasons.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I really am not into Perry.

3. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,148

As we see he is imploding right in front of our eyes. And there's no WAY I am going to vote for a politician that can be bought off by Merck--and that's exactly what happened here.

Politicians like this--are one of the reasons this country is in such a mess. It's all about them and the financing to their re-election campaigns--and take it out on 11 and 12 year old girls and dam be the side effects of this new drug.

STUPID move by RICK PERRY> and dumber that he lied about it--in front of the American public. He's toast now.

4. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Why do you feel the need to lie?

5. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,148

It's not my problem that you can't read. It's in your face--Perry lied last night.

6. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,138
    Immigration destroyed Perry. I will NEVER vote for anyone that would screw our country like he wishes to do with this issue.

7. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,148
    Yeah--according to that poll they took after the debate this is Perry's biggest negative--illegal immigration.

My biggest problem with him is this issue. I don't like politicians that can be bought off.

8. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124

First, he didn't lie.

Second, he wasn't "bought off by Merck".

That's a bald faced lie.

If you want to support your candidate, do it with facts, not muck-racking.

I'm disappointed in you.

That's an Rdean/Lakota/Chris/Truthmatters move.

9. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,148

If you READ the link I provided you'll note that this article is from the TEXAS independent.

Now you're going to have to PROVE that he didn't lie--and you have not addressed that as yet.

10. ladyliberal

ladyliberal Progressive Princess

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Perry's response was misleading in the extreme, but I don't think it was completely inaccurate. Politicians get lobbied on issues after they make their decisions all the time. One could say the woman "lobbied" Perry and influenced him not to reverse his decision in the face of stiff political opposition. Politifact did rate it "false", but in the text of their explanation they only referred to it as misleading.

I could well believe that Perry was lobbied by pharmaceutical representatives on this issue. There's nothing wrong with a company, eg, providing a presentation describing the benefits and side effects of their drug. I think it is a bit unfair to Perry though to presume without evidence that his decision was the result of lobbying.