Perrys Gaffe, what of Barrys?? Obama and the 57, or was that 58 states of America

Either you support Unalienable Rights or you don't. Either you support Private Property Rights, Speech Rights, Impartial Justice or you don't.
One does not ‘support’ inalienable rights, those rights exist by virtue of one being a person. The only issue is does one support due process in protection of those rights, and conservatives, for the most part, do not.

The same is true with regard to free speech and takings, the support of due process in the protection of those rights.

And again, liberals have demonstrated themselves to be the true champions of privacy rights, due process rights, and equal protection rights.

Conservatives, for the most part, have advocated mitigating or undermining those rights to ‘fight crime,’ conduct a ‘war on terror,’ and restrict members of society from equal access to the law.
One does not ‘support’ inalienable rights, those rights exist by virtue of one being a person. The only issue is does one support due process in protection of those rights, and conservatives, for the most part, do not.

Many People including Posters on this Site, since the day I signed up, deny the existence of Inalienable Rights. This has been in dispute for a very long time. I have learned through experience to take nothing for granted. I recognize and defend Unalienable Rights. You are wrong about Inalienable Right, and you are wrong about Conservatives not defending them.

The same is true with regard to free speech and takings, the support of due process in the protection of those rights.

And again, liberals have demonstrated themselves to be the true champions of privacy rights, due process rights, and equal protection rights.

Conservatives, for the most part, have advocated mitigating or undermining those rights to ‘fight crime,’ conduct a ‘war on terror,’ and restrict members of society from equal access to the law.

Progressivism is Arbitrary and will generally decide in favor of the State, so you are sitting on another false premise. Your Everything is Relative Bullshit is a testament to the history of Progressivism. You abandoned Classic Liberalism long ago, to your lust for power and control of other peoples will. Fail again.

I personally have no interest in access to a Kangaroo Court, where outcome is determined before viewing or considering the evidence. :eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol::lol: Uhh....what are you talking about now? Have you resigned yourself to just throw out random things or do you really believe I'm a totalitarian. I hope it's the former, because there is no way that a sane, reasonable person could conclude from my post that I'm a totalitarian.

Either you support Unalienable Rights or you don't. Either you support Private Property Rights, Speech Rights, Impartial Justice or you don't. You need to clarify and clean up your act. I'm not judging you on a single post. I'm not judging you at all, actually. Outside of Grace we are already condemned, there is no need for Judgement. Why do you think we are here in the first place? In matters of Conscience, we Each have a Responsibility, look at it as a second chance to redeem the day. :)

Classic Liberalism Champions Individual Liberty. Progressive Statism Demands It's Sacrifice. The Progressive State is not about Correcting Wrongs, it is about taking control, eliminating the Middle Man. Dissension, Question, no matter how Noble is an Abomination to the Statist. Power and Image the concern. The End Justifies the Means. To a Person Of Conscience, The Means justifies the End. Principle, Establishing it, Servicing It, Administering it, comes before Image.

What does any of that have to do with my choice of candidates? Again, unlike you inferred, I am an informed voter. I listened to both sides and I made my choice. How does that make me a totalitarian? I think even you can admit that you were full of shit when you made that charge. All of the right-wing talking points about liberals being secret Marxists won't change that fact.

I'm referring to Progressives, not Liberals, there is a distinction. There are Progressives in both Parties. To a Progressive, the end game is Government Control. Even Nationalization. There is a distinction between you blindly or openly supporting Progressive Statists.

I fail to see any comparison between Perry's gaff and Obama's.

Obama simply meant he's traveled through states on more than one occassion.

Perry's mistake was a center piece of his supposed economic policy, of which he had no clue.

Big difference.

If I understood it at the time, the celebrated number "57" was the number of contests he was involved in (I guess adding in DC, Guam, Am Samoa, etc...). Still no where near as embarrassing as Perry's latest reverse peristalsis.

Perry's mistake was a center piece of his supposed economic policy, of which he had no clue.

Big difference.

If I understood it at the time, the celebrated number "57" was the number of contests he was involved in (I guess adding in DC, Guam, Am Samoa, etc...). Still no where near as embarrassing as Perry's latest reverse peristalsis.

Actually, no. He was doing the "ten over." In the video, there's a long pause between "fifty" and "seven." He'd been to every state in the continental US, with the exception of one (plus Alaska and Hawaii).

Big difference.

That's debatable.

Big difference.

Actually, no. He was doing the "ten over." In the video, there's a long pause between "fifty" and "seven." He'd been to every state in the continental US, with the exception of one (plus Alaska and Hawaii).

:lol: Sure..... Anything you say. ;)

as i recall, he was referencing 57 counties.

but ultimately it doesn't matter... no one cared then. no one cares now.

and he didn't look either unprepared, drunk or drugged like rick perry.

so there ya go.

or rightwingnut loons like the o/p can post yet another thread on the issue.

:cuckoo:

as i recall, he was referencing 57 counties.

but ultimately it doesn't matter... no one cared then. no one cares now.

and he didn't look either unprepared, drunk or drugged like rick perry.

so there ya go.

or rightwingnut loons like the o/p can post yet another thread on the issue.

:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ]The Drunk: Joe Biden drunk singing gaffe Obama vice president - YouTube[/ame]

Debate gaffe aside, Perry has shown he clearly isn't the man for the job for the Party of the Dark Side. If you know what's good for you, you'll nominate Romney and shut up. But then again, don't nominate him -- and make Obama's victory that much bigger. The way things are shaping up, 2012 is gonna make 2008 look like a squeaker.

Debate gaffe aside, Perry has shown he clearly isn't the man for the job for the Party of the Dark Side. If you know what's good for you, you'll nominate Romney and shut up. But then again, don't nominate him -- and make Obama's victory that much bigger. The way things are shaping up, 2012 is gonna make 2008 look like a squeaker.

Romney can defeat Obama in a bad economy. All the others are unelectable regardless of how bad the economy is

Romney can defeat Obama in a bad economy. All the others are unelectable regardless of how bad the economy is

Your approval means so much. ;) :lol:

Your approval means so much. ;) :lol:

Rightwingers plea.

Give us a liberal............

wishing wont make it so.

Obama was already vetted by the american people.

The voter will decide if he is fit or not.

You wont convince anyone by insulting those who have already desided Perry is not the right man for the job.

I'm not a Perry supporter, Amoeba. I'm asking for the same measure of judgement to be applied to Barry.. Nothing more, nothing less.. You are incapable of thought, much less intellectual integrity thus you're excused from this thread.. Run along to the Children's table and keep your mouth shut when you chew.

You aren't very bright. During the debate, Romney said he was married 25 years and then quickly corrected himself and said 42 years. But suppose he had been tired and out on the campaign trail. Everyone has said one thing and meant another. It's no big deal.

What is a big deal is saying you will dismantle three federal departments affecting a country and possibly hundreds of millions of people. And the one Perry "forgot" was the Department of Energy. They same department that inspects nuclear power plants and federal labs. And when he finally "remembered" what he has been previously told, he didn't even mention to whom those duties would be turned over too.

Republicans in their zeal to destroy the federal government haven't "thought through" their "plans". But then they never do.

To compare saying 57 to that is ludricrous. And right wingers wonder why they keep getting laughed at. It's not that others are "elite", it's that right wingers don't spend any time thinking things through. Here is a perfect example.

No matter how many times you point this out to right wingers, they don't see why misspeaking 57 states instead of 47 states is different than forgetting which department of the federal government you want to dismantle.

Forum List

Back