Perry's Announcement- no wonder the Obamabots are scared!

Scared? More like waiting for the big crash -n- burn. He won't last long. :clap2:

Daily Kos: LADIES AND GENTS... THE REAL RICK PERRY

It seems that 'lying' is in sync with his embrace of the Ten Commandments as well.

In 2007, Texans learned of of a massive sex abuse scandal at the Texas Youth Commission. When news of the scandal broke, Perry claimed he knew nothing about the abuse until he saw it in the paper. In fact, he and his office were informed of a stalled investigation into the abuse as early as February 2005, two years before news reports first came out.

He didn't question any issues of "Constitutionality" when he coordinated with two business partners to flip land he had purchased and sold in order to profit more than $500,000. He covered-up this scandal by refusing to release the public listing agreement, attempting to hide the identity of the land buyer and hiding the fact that the buyer was a business partner with the original seller.

He had no problem as he handed out $16 million in taxpayer dollars from the Texas Emerging Technology Fund to companies tied to his top political contributors... the public corruption scandal showed that he gave his “close friend” and campaign contributor David Nance a $4.5 million handout, despite the fact that Nance side-stepped two review boards to receive it.

He feels that it was absolutely fine when he covered-up and refused to answer ethics complaints involving more than $1 million in potentially illegal state expenditures. One complaint zeroed in on the $816,000 in campaign dollars, reported in lump sums, for what Perry calls "mansion expenses." For months, Perry reported a flat monthly expense ranging from $3,000 or $6,500 as "mansion expenses" without any supporting detail -- a violation of campaign disclosure laws. The expenses were for Perry’s $10,000-a-month taxpayer funded rental mansion. Additionally, Perry failed to disclose $204,400 in debt on his College Station home from 2007-2009.

That is one nasty-ass man.

The fear on the Left is palpable. I predict stories of Rick Perry drinking human blood.
How many people are out of work, again? How many jobs were created in Texas last year?

What a great idea. Pretend early on that Perry is an angel. Just in case. Well, it's a stupid idea and it won't work.

Scared? More like waiting for the big crash -n- burn. He won't last long. :clap2:

The fear on the Left is palpable. I predict stories of Rick Perry drinking human blood.
How many people are out of work, again? How many jobs were created in Texas last year?

What a great idea. Pretend early on that Perry is an angel. Just in case. Well, it's a stupid idea and it won't work.

Is anyone pretending that Perry is an angel? Or a greek god?
20080827ObamaGreekGod.jpg

Dear red-bolded;

You operate from a place of fear. YOU. Please stop practicing transference. If you can't, please ask your pdoc to adjust your meds. You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel. You probably won't even want to watch Fox anymore!

More from the article.

It stands to reason that a swaggering Texan would know that it is a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth. Rick Perry rejected $555 million in unemployment insurance from the federal government, only to accept $14 billion in other federal stimulus dollars (directed at his friends and donors in business... the "job creators").

It seems that the closeted secessionist didn't mind the Federal Government stuffing his cronies' pockets... hypocrisy being the least of his shortcomings.

The truth of the matter is that Texas actually lost 352,500 non-farm jobs since 2008 according to seasonally adjusted data over the past three years... and they lost 61,600 additional since March 2011 alone according to the Texas Workforce Commission.

The only "Miracle" is that this degenerate hasn't yet been struck by lightning.

There's no way to positively spin this bullshit, so you return volley. Same as it ever was. Know how I know you don't have shit? Because YOU SAY SO. You attack the source, you attack the messenger but there is NOTHING you can say in his defense, so you attack.

And you'd know that if you ever even read the article, but I'm betting you don't even read the snippets I bring over here. Y'all don't think, you react. That's probably why cons are against abortion. To be pro-choice requires actual thought.

Last edited:

Yes, you are. You all know that things about him that are not favorable will come to light. So you're starting from now to protect him from all of the, "lies" the MSM will print. Do you know how obvious that is?? The right wing nuts all think they are so slick. Like I said, forget it. We can see right through you people.

Also, there are already things not to like about Perry. I really hate his constant references to God, prayer, and religion. I don't need anybody to tell me when to pray or what to pray for. Especially an evangelical Christian. They always told me that I am not a Christian because I'm Catholic. I was in Catholic school for 8 years and I think I learned about Christianity. WTF?? I used to want to punch them, but I learned to ignore it because they are ignorant.

If Perry keeps this up, he doesn't have a prayer of winning even the nomination. What he's doing is the wrong thing to do. But he won't listen. He has that George Bush hard head and arrogance.

More from the article.

It stands to reason that a swaggering Texan would know that it is a good idea to look a gift horse in the mouth. Rick Perry rejected $555 million in unemployment insurance from the federal government, only to accept $14 billion in other federal stimulus dollars (directed at his friends and donors in business... the "job creators").

It seems that the closeted secessionist didn't mind the Federal Government stuffing his cronies' pockets... hypocrisy being the least of his shortcomings.

The truth of the matter is that Texas actually lost 352,500 non-farm jobs since 2008 according to seasonally adjusted data over the past three years... and they lost 61,600 additional since March 2011 alone according to the Texas Workforce Commission.

The only "Miracle" is that this degenerate hasn't yet been struck by lightning.

There's no way to positively spin this bullshit, so you return volley. Same as it ever was. Know how I know you don't have shit? Because YOU SAY SO. You attack the source, you attack the messenger but there is NOTHING you can say in his defense, so you attack.

And you'd know that if you ever even read the article, but I'm betting you don't even read the snippets I bring over here. Y'all don't think, you react. That's probably why cons are against abortion. To be pro-choice requires actual thought.

I think you hit the nail right on the head!!!

Yes, you are. You all know that things about him that are not favorable will come to light. So you're starting from now to protect him from all of the, "lies" the MSM will print. Do you know how obvious that is?? The right wing nuts all think they are so slick. Like I said, forget it. We can see right through you people.

Also, there are already things not to like about Perry. I really hate his constant references to God, prayer, and religion. I don't need anybody to tell me when to pray or what to pray for. Especially an evangelical Christian. They always told me that I am not a Christian because I'm Catholic. I was in Catholic school for 8 years and I think I learned about Christianity. WTF?? I used to want to punch them, but I learned to ignore it because they are ignorant.

If Perry keeps this up, he doesn't have a prayer of winning even the nomination. What he's doing is the wrong thing to do. But he won't listen. He has that George Bush hard head and arrogance.

So you got raped by some Catholic priest and you want to blame Perry??
The actual negatives about Perry are already out. All the Left has is spin, lies, and half truths.

Perry's gonna have lots of problems. 20 percent of the Texas budget is financed by oil and gas companies.

He's threatened to seceed from the US (which brings up the question of why is he running in the first place)?

He threatened Bernacke yesterday with "doing ugly things to him" if he was in Texas because he screwed up the economy (no, it was the GOP and the teabaggers).

Oh yeah.........Republicans gave Obama hell for having ties to 1 radical preacher. Perry has ties to SEVERAL (who showed up for his prayer rally before he announced).

Nope, I don't think Perry's gonna be able to do it.

Perry's gonna have lots of problems. 20 percent of the Texas budget is financed by oil and gas companies.

He's threatened to seceed from the US (which brings up the question of why is he running in the first place)?

He threatened Bernacke yesterday with "doing ugly things to him" if he was in Texas because he screwed up the economy (no, it was the GOP and the teabaggers).

Oh yeah.........Republicans gave Obama hell for having ties to 1 radical preacher. Perry has ties to SEVERAL (who showed up for his prayer rally before he announced).

Nope, I don't think Perry's gonna be able to do it.

Gautama was right about you.

The actual negatives about Perry are already out. All the Left has is spin, lies, and half truths.
He did say that Texans were thinking about secceeding, didn't he? He did say he wanted to turn the Texas drought over to God, right? Texas does have the lowest wages in the country, even without illegal labor stats, right? Texas does have the highest percentage of workers without health insurance, right?.

Which of these are untue? or spin? I'm not trying to pick a fight...but I'm not finding Perry denying these things anywhere.

He did say that Texans were thinking about secceeding, didn't he? He did say he wanted to turn the Texas drought over to God, right? Texas does have the lowest wages in the country, even without illegal labor stats, right? Texas does have the highest percentage of workers without health insurance, right?.

Which of these are untue? or spin? I'm not trying to pick a fight...but I'm not finding Perry denying these things anywhere.
Actually he didnt say Texans were thinking about seceding. Check my sig line.
He didnt say he wanted to turn the drought over to god.
Texas does not have the lowest wage rates. That is simply a lie. TN has lower rates based on annual mean.

So right there we have three lies and I wasn't even trying.

Actually he didnt say Texans were thinking about seceding. Check my sig line.
He didnt say he wanted to turn the drought over to god.
Texas does not have the lowest wage rates. That is simply a lie. TN has lower rates based on annual mean.

So right there we have three lies and I wasn't even trying.
Easy does it there turbo!....let's look at those one at a time.

On the seccession thing...here is what Perry said:
"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/region/legislature/stories/04/17/0417gop.html

......so it seems that Perry did not advocate seccession. I stand corrected.

Now, let's take a closer look at the low wages stats...

Last edited:

I've never been raped by anyone, thank God. And that comment was really uncalled for. But I guess it's my fault for trying to have a conversation with you. It won't happen again. You are not even human, just taking up space. No decent, worthwhile person would make a comment like that to someone. Go to hell.

Ame®icano;4010357 said:
Unlike the Community Organizer, Gov. Perry has a record to run on.

Yes--He has done a magnificent job stopping illegal aliens from coming to Texas.

NOT

Isn't that responsibility of the federal government?

Wait. So you're against states taking matters into their own hands e.g. Arizona? Or is that your view only when it's convenient to the Conservative at hand?

Ame®icano;4010357 said:
Yes--He has done a magnificent job stopping illegal aliens from coming to Texas.

NOT

Wait. So you're against states taking matters into their own hands e.g. Arizona? Or is that your view only when it's convenient to the Conservative at hand?

There's this thing called the Constitution. You may not have heard of it. It grants powers to the Federal government and by implication to state governments. One of those powers is immigration law and its enforcement. So it is the fed government's responsibility to do that. Arizona tried to "take matters into their own hands" and got sued by the Obama justice dept. Or did you miss that?

Ame®icano;4010357 said:

There's this thing called the Constitution. You may not have heard of it. It grants powers to the Federal government and by implication to state governments. One of those powers is immigration law and its enforcement. So it is the fed government's responsibility to do that. Arizona tried to "take matters into their own hands" and got sued by the Obama justice dept. Or did you miss that?[/QUO

Nice dodge! Wow! With your ability to avoid direct questions, you would make a fine Republican Politician!
So then, what is the answer to the Yes or No question of "Did you support Arizona's efforts to handle immigration on their own?"

Cmon! You can dodge it again! Wait wait! Change the subject! Or label the person who has dared ask a direct question! I know! Quote the Liberal position with indignation and then say you were just showing how hypocritical they are! (wait. I think you already did that). Cut & Run? Really, those seem to be the ConservaRepub playbook when it comes to direct questions nowadays.

If you would like to see how a question is answered directly, I'd be happy to show you because you know, we're new BFF's and all! :eusa_angel: Just ask me anything on any issue and you betcha! I'll be straight to the point!

There's this thing called the Constitution. You may not have heard of it. It grants powers to the Federal government and by implication to state governments. One of those powers is immigration law and its enforcement. So it is the fed government's responsibility to do that. Arizona tried to "take matters into their own hands" and got sued by the Obama justice dept. Or did you miss that?[/QUO

Nice dodge! Wow! With your ability to avoid direct questions, you would make a fine Republican Politician!
So then, what is the answer to the Yes or No question of "Did you support Arizona's efforts to handle immigration on their own?"

Cmon! You can dodge it again! Wait wait! Change the subject! Or label the person who has dared ask a direct question! I know! Quote the Liberal position with indignation and then say you were just showing how hypocritical they are! (wait. I think you already did that). Cut & Run? Really, those seem to be the ConservaRepub playbook when it comes to direct questions nowadays.

If you would like to see how a question is answered directly, I'd be happy to show you because you know, we're new BFF's and all! :eusa_angel: Just ask me anything on any issue and you betcha! I'll be straight to the point!
There's no dodge, Einstein. It is a statement of fact. Immigration is a federal responsibility. Thus, criticisim Perry for not securing the border is stupidity, as it isn't his responsibility.
I have no opinion on the Arizona action, other than to say it represents yet another failure by the Obama Administraiton.

There's no dodge, Einstein. It is a statement of fact. Immigration is a federal responsibility. Thus, criticisim Perry for not securing the border is stupidity, as it isn't his responsibility.
I have no opinion on the Arizona action, other than to say it represents yet another failure by the Obama Administraiton.

So you have no opinion? LOL! Nice dodge! Masterfully political! You really should run for office! That's twice you've been asked your opinion and managed to give nothing! Truly, you have the makings and convictions of a politician!

"I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I'm just saying our party is right and the other side is wrong!" Marvelous! :clap2:

Like I said. If you ever want to see how a real man tackles an issue, just ask me something. I am not afraid to address any issue head on.

Last edited:
Here are some excerpts from Governor Perry's announcement today.

Rick Perry for President | Why I’m Running

"What I learned in my 20’s traveling the globe as an Air Force pilot, our current president has yet to acknowledge in his 50’s – that we are the most exceptional nation on the face of the earth.

"As Americans, we believe freedom is a gift from God, and government’s prime function is to defend it. We don’t see the role of government as a nanny state, and we recognize there is no government money that wasn’t once earned through the sweat and toil of private citizens.

The change we seek will never emanate out of Washington…it must come from the windswept prairies of Middle America…the farms and factories across this great land…the hearts and minds of God-fearing Americans who will not accept a future that is less than our past…who will not be consigned a fate of less freedom in exchange for more government.

It is up to us…to this present generation of Americans…to take a stand for freedom…to send a signal to Washington that we are taking the country back from the grips of central planners who would control our healthcare, spend our treasure and micro-manage our businesses.

My mission as your president will be to get America working again!

With God’s help, and your courage, we will take our country back."

Yup, this is the guy!

Right now Rick Perry has the lowest approval rating since becoming governor of Texas.

He has been involved in one scandal after another for years. The most recent was his attendance at a secret meeting with other Republican Governors with the Koch brothers. In fact one of their organizations is his biggest endorser.

Isn't it odd that so many are jumping on his band wagon without knowing anything about this man? Look how the media has already done so. Maybe that's the only reason that many of Y'all are endorsing him. Simply because the media is.

Rick Perry Super PACs Raise Issues of Coordination, Collusion

Texas Kaos:: Rick Perry Sells State Government for Campaign Cash

Yahoo! Video Detail for Texas Gov. Rick Perry executes Innocent Man willfully. Now tries...

Shouldn't his scandal ridden past been looked into before choosing to endorse him?

Forum List

Back