Perry warns of showdown with Washington on healthcare

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
Perry warns of showdown with Washington on healthcare | Top Stories | Star-Telegram.com

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry, raising the specter of a showdown with the Obama administration, suggested Thursday that he would consider invoking states' rights protections under the 10th Amendment to resist the president's healthcare plan, which he said would be "disastrous" for Texas.

Interviewed by conservative talk show host Mark Davis of Dallas' WBAP radio, Perry said his first hope is that Congress will defeat the plan, which both Perry and Davis described as "Obama Care." But he predicted that Texas and a number of states might take steps to resist the new federal health mandates if they pass Congress.

"I think you'll hear states and governors standing up and saying no to this type of encroachment on the states with their healthcare," Perry said. "So my hope is that we never have to have that stand up. But I'm certainly willing and ready for the fight if this administration continues to try to force their very expansive government philosophy down our collective throats."

GO PERRY GO!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::

Perry warns of showdown with Washington on healthcare | Top Stories | Star-Telegram.com

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry, raising the specter of a showdown with the Obama administration, suggested Thursday that he would consider invoking states' rights protections under the 10th Amendment to resist the president's healthcare plan, which he said would be "disastrous" for Texas.

Interviewed by conservative talk show host Mark Davis of Dallas' WBAP radio, Perry said his first hope is that Congress will defeat the plan, which both Perry and Davis described as "Obama Care." But he predicted that Texas and a number of states might take steps to resist the new federal health mandates if they pass Congress.

"I think you'll hear states and governors standing up and saying no to this type of encroachment on the states with their healthcare," Perry said. "So my hope is that we never have to have that stand up. But I'm certainly willing and ready for the fight if this administration continues to try to force their very expansive government philosophy down our collective throats."

Just like the last Texan to flap his yap. All hat, no cows.

Perry's a pussy motherfucker. There, I said it. But I'm "happy" he's "standing up" to Obama...I guess.

Let's just hope he doesn't crash and burn like he did with the "Nation of Texas" thing back at the Tea Party back in the spring.

Hmmm, Governor Perry who keeps threatening to secede from the US in order to impress his right wing Texans.

Cool, Texas has fewer insured than any state in the US. Perry obviously thinks his state is doing just fine.

http://shapleigh.org/news/2740-senator-shapleigh-texas-health-care-major-legislative-priority

SENATOR SHAPLEIGH: TEXAS HEALTH CARE MAJOR LEGISLATIVE PRIORITY
February 16, 2009

Texas today is the least insured state in the nation, with no Texas city even reaching the national average in citizens with health insurance. Much of this can be blamed on health care premiums increasing more than 86 percent from 2000 to 2007. When it comes to health care professionals, Texas has fewer physicians and nurses per capita than any large industrial state.

Written by Senator Eliot Shapleigh, www.shapleigh.org

Last edited:

Forum List

Back