Perry Wants Part Time Congress

Care to take a look at Harry Reid's desk at the mountain of House bills that have been passed and forwarded to the Senate that the Dem-bulbs won't even bring to a vote?

They are not jobs bills.

Now, who's "obstructing"?

The GOP.

Plenty of Americans had problems with increasing the debt ceiling without doing real cuts in the budget. I'm one. Obama campaigned on jobs jobs jobs and what did he spend a year doing? Health Care reform, you know, "Let's pass it so we can see what's in it?"

The new Congressmen who came in in 2010 was a reality check for Obama andhis supporters. Tea Party sponsored Republicans came in and probably will again.

Then they were ignorant. Raising the debt ceiling is done to pay for existing expenditures. Not for future spending. Real cuts in the budget translate into real lost jobs in the public and private sector.

Obama campaigned on jobs and on health care reform, and on reasonable compromise-which is tough to do with the lunatic fringe of the GOP.

'Do-Nothing Congresses' sure do get a bad wrap from the usual suspects. 'Do-Nothing Congresses' are exactly what we need right now. Hasn't our Government screwed things up enough? Why the Hell do people want more Government? That's just so crazy. We have more than enough Government in our lives already. Congress meeting less often is a fantastic idea.

So you're an anarchist?

No, he's a lunatic.

A common problem in these parts. :lol:

I disagree.

Part time congress would keep Congress connected with their constiuents. They would have to remain connected with day to day activities of life.

It would also keep congress from meddling in our life more often.

Increase trust and less intrusion would make a happier people.
Being a congressman is already a part time job. 109 days a year is not exactly full time work. This is probably the most insane idea Perry has come up with. Government would be run by the administration and the courts.

There's an old joke about some carpenters working at a church. They see the minister in his office and strike up a conversation, and ask him if he has another job. The minister replies no, this is my only job. To which the carpenters reply "Well could you get full-time work if you wanted it?"

That's my way of saying the minister works more than just Sunday morning, and Congress is supposed to work more than the days that they are in session.

Their work schedule is not the problem. The GOP is the problem.
If you employed someone part time, and they weren't able to get the job done. Would you consider cutting their hours as a solution. Of course not, because it makes no sense. If congress can't get the job done in 109 day, they certainly aren't going to get it done in 60 days.

This suggestion falls in line with the far right's belief that the best government is no government at all.

I thinking Obama would rather have no Congress at all as opposed to a part time Congress. For some reason I'm starting to think of when the Roman Empire lost their republic and started having emperors.

Forum List

Back