Perry says he doesn't believe in global warming

Professor Wilfred Beckerman, a former member of the Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution, was himself an enthusiastic environmentalist until he started examining the facts. He told Against Nature: "Within a few months of looking at the statistical data, I realised that most of my concerns about the environment were based on false information and scare stories."

According to Piers Corbyn, Director of Weather Action, many scientists do not accept the idea that pollution is causing global warming. Environmentalists claim that world temperatures have risen one degree Fahrenheit in the past century, but Corbyn points out that the period they take as their starting point — around 1880 — was colder than average. What's more, the timing of temperature changes does not appear to support the theory of global warming. Most of the rise came before 1940 —before human-caused emissions of 'greenhouse' gases became significant.

Scientists also point out that nature produces far more greenhouse gases than we do. For example, when the Mount Pinatubo volcano erupted, within just a few hours it had thrown into the atmosphere 30 million tonnes of sulphur dioxide— almost twice as much as all the factories, power plants and cars in the United States do in a whole year. Oceans emit 90 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, every year. Decaying plants throw up another 90 billion tonnes, compared to just six billion tonnes a year from humans.

The Lack Of Scientific Rigour In Environmentalist Ideology

if you believe in Global Warming your a big idiot and douche bag. there is no such thing, hell every planet in our solar system has experienced global warming to some extent next the liberals will be asking the EPA to protect space that our human activities are causing global warming on all the planets not just earth. LMAO what a dumb ass thing to pick on rick about. He will be your next president and he is from texas where life dont suck yet like it does everywhere else in the country.

GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry told New Hampshire voters Wednesday that he does not believe in manmade global warming, calling it a scientific theory that has not been proven.

But Perry's opinion runs counter to the view held by an overwhelming majority of scientists that pollution released from the burning of fossil fuels is heating up the planet.

Perry's home state of Texas releases more heat-trapping pollution carbon dioxide — the chief greenhouse gas — than any other state in the country, according to government data.

Perry says he doesn't believe in global warming - Yahoo! News

Did Perry state that he didn't believe in "Global Warming" as in your thread title, or did Perry State that he didn't believe in "Man Made Global Warming" ,hmmmm.

Why try and spin this.....can't you just argue on the actual facts or do you feel a need to contrive to discredit the man?

Actually it's not. Since scientists opinions are based on actual research. His is based on ignorance.

If that were the case then every scientist would agree there is man made global warming. BUt they dont.

So if something isn't agreed upon by 100% of the population then it must not be true? Is that what you're going with?

Poor reading comprehension?
In the scientific community something is accepted as fact if it can be demonstrated by scientific experiment. Global warming fails that test.
It is merely a theory without proof. Perry is correct. Why should we spend billions of dollars on something that a) may not exist and b) may not improve from our own actions?

But somehow he believes that praying to the big man in the sky..it's gonna rain.

:lol:

Elmer Gantry-Welcome to the House of God! - YouTube

It's funny that after that day it started to rain in parts of Texas.

This is the drought monitor from two days ago:

drought-tx-081611-277x254.jpg

Perry's rain gods have a lot of work to do.

Now try and connect the dots between that drought and man without using the fudged numbers. :eusa_whistle:

I seem to remember Nixon asking the nation to pray for the astronauts (cannot remember which Apollo mission that was) when they were having trouble coming back to earth.
I guess Nixon was one of those screaming fundamentalist Christians too.

What are you ten?

Just trying to use logic you're likely to understand. It makes as much sense as, "It's funny that after that day it started to rain in parts of Texas".

You wouldn't know logic it if it slapped you in your pudgy face.

Fact is it rained in Texas after the call for prayer, the wildfires were able to be controlled and ultimately extinguished. Now you can say one had nothing to do with the other, but the fact remains.

Sidenote: Andersonville, Ga., where the confederates had their POW camp for the union prisoners. There was a stream that the prisoners relied on for their water. This stream dried up and the lack of water was causing some sincere problems. When things looks really bad and there was a lot of praying going on, right in the middle of the camp a spring sprang up for the water supply. This spring was named Providence Spring. It saved thousands of lives.
So the non believers just keep believing what you want, but.....

GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry told New Hampshire voters Wednesday that he does not believe in manmade global warming, calling it a scientific theory that has not been proven.

Perry's home state of Texas releases more heat-trapping pollution carbon dioxide — the chief greenhouse gas — than any other state in the country, according to government data.

Did Perry state that he didn't believe in "Global Warming" as in your thread title, or did Perry State that he didn't believe in "Man Made Global Warming" ,hmmmm.

Why try and spin this.....can't you just argue on the actual facts or do you feel a need to contrive to discredit the man?

Swing and a miss. The thread title is a C&P of the article title. No spin on my part.

Swing and a miss. The thread title is a C&P of the article title. No spin on my part.

Liar.
You repeated it. Therefore you either didnt read or understand the article or you intentionally lied.

The earth is getting warmer. The climate system is so complex that science has yet to fully understand it. The theory of man-made global warming is one explaintion. I know what I believe. Anyway here is a pretty cool site for comparing the Ice Sheet at the top of the world.

Daily Arctic Sea Ice Maps

But Perry's opinion runs counter to the view held by an overwhelming majority of scientists that pollution released from the burning of fossil fuels is heating up the planet.

Rick Perry is an owned an paid for puppet of the Koch brothers. His anti-global warming, greenhouse gases, and climate change rhetoric has little to do with his own opinion in anyway. The truth is there for everyone to see if they truly want to know.

Big oil has pumped 4.6 million dollars into the Rick Perry coffers, and what a great puppet he makes.

Rick Perry and other state governors recently met in secret with the billionaire Koch brothers.

Texas Kaos:: Rick Perry Sells State Government for Campaign Cash

Bob McDonnell, Rick Perry at latest Koch brothers summit - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

Five Worst Things the Koch Brothers Have Done. Vote! | MyFDL

The Koch brothers are scared of federal regulations which would cost them billions to clean up the refinery's and chemical companies they own.

WAKE UP!

There is not enough scientific evidence to call global warming a "theory".

It is just an "opinion" of some scientists.

Rick Perry is just giving his personal opinion.

His opinion is just as valid as their opinion.

Actually it's not. Since scientists opinions are based on actual research. His is based on ignorance.

If that were the case then every scientist would agree there is man made global warming. BUt they dont.

Let's ask them......

Two questions were key: have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures.

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

Scientists Agree Human-induced Global Warming Is Real, Survey Says

As for your contention that it's merely theory I would counter that it's a hypothesis which is an "educated guess". And if the vast majority agree with the findings then it warrants at least some type of action plan because face it, it's not going to go away if they are correct.

Liar.
You repeated it. Therefore you either didnt read or understand the article or you intentionally lied.

Fuck you.

I just posted the facts as presented in the article. You don't like it? Take it up with the organization that placed the article.

Let's ask them......

Two questions were key: have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures.

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

As for your contention that it's merely theory I would counter that it's a hypothesis which is an "educated guess". And if the vast majority agree with the findings then it warrants at least some type of action plan because face it, it's not going to go away if they are correct.

So you agree that it is not fact. It is, in your own terms, "a guess."
Remind me why we need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a guess.
We did that with the stimulus program and we see how well that turned out.

Let's ask them......

I've said this in other posts about AGW.....follow the money. These scientists grant funds are based on a desired outcome.

Let's ask them......

So you agree that it is not fact. It is, in your own terms, "a guess."
Remind me why we need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a guess.
We did that with the stimulus program and we see how well that turned out.

Because....if they are right the alternative could be much, much worse.

I may have to concede just a little though. We tried Trickle Down and just got it rammed up our asses.

Forum List

Back