Perry Offers Economic Plan

The only joke is the one in the White House.

Oh, I get it. Anybody but Bush, er...Obama.

a million new jobs would be a great start to correct the BO job-killing program of the past 3 years...
Perry at least knows how to help create real jobs.....not just throw money around...

Do you know Perry's record on job creation? The vast majority of jobs that have been created under his watch are minimum wage jobs. And a great many of those jobs have been taken up by illegal immigrants who come to in thanks to programs that Perry has supported, like his support for giving illegal immigrants tax subsidized tuition for college.

Last edited:
1. "Oct. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Texas Governor Rick Perry, who is seeking the Republican presidential nomination, unveils the first part of his economic plan today, promising to create 1.2 million jobs by expanding domestic energy exploration.

2. “My plan will break the grip of dependence we have today on foreign oil from hostile nations like Venezuela and unstable nations in the Middle East to grow jobs and our economy at home.”

3. “When it comes to energy, the president would kill domestic jobs through aggressive regulations, while I would unleash 1.2 million American jobs through safe and aggressive energy exploration at home.”

4. Perry said he would create energy-related jobs by returning drilling permits in the Gulf of Mexico to 2007 levels, expanding drilling in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas off Alaska, and allowing drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Perry said his plan would increase domestic oil production by 25 percent."
Perry Unveils Economic Plan, Says Energy Search Will Create Jobs - Businessweek

5. "Instead of developing proven U.S. oil and gas resources, Washington has curtailed energy exploration. The Gulf of Mexico restrictions alone have cost up to 12,000 jobs and forced drilling platforms to relocate to other countries.

6. We can create hundreds of thousands of jobs and increase our oil output by 25 percent if we fully develop oil and gas shale formations in the Northeast, mountain West and Southwest. I also support drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge coastal plain (ANWR), offshore expansion in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas, and development of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, all of which would maintain the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System. This will create more than 185,000 U.S. jobs.

7. If the EPA’s emissions regulations go into effect as scheduled, they could cost America 1.65 million jobs by 2020, while dramatically increasing average U.S. electricity prices.

8. Much of my plan can be accomplished by changing the occupant of the White House and removing the liberal, anti-job activists running regulatory agencies in Washington. With the stroke of a pen, I will initiate a review of all Obama-era regulations, begin a comment and review period, and work to eliminate onerous rules that kill jobs with little benefit to the environment."
Rick Perry: We must remove energy production obstacles to create jobs | New Hampshire LOCALVOICES

So let's say I believe him more than I believe most politicians. That would mean his plan will do maybe 1/3 (optimistically) of what it promises. So that would take us all the way down to .... pretty much right where we are right now. If he lived up to his promise 100% (right...) that would drop unemployment by 1% - all in the states of Texas and Alaska. Whoopee.

BTW, this is not "his" plan. This is soundbites from FOX news for the last two years...

I'm afraid this just doesn't cut it for me. While I believe drill baby drill is important so does every other candidate. Why exactly do we need Perry to accomplish this goal?

If Perry wants any support from me I want new ideas from him. Or at least ideas that aren't so obvious.

Forum List

Back