Perry: "I was not on drugs".

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Rick Perry denies drinking or drugs influenced his strange NH speech

Rick Perry denied Thursday that he was under the influence of alcohol or pain medication during a recent speech he gave in New Hampshire that prompted questions about the candidate's bizarre behavior.

Perry also rejected the accusation that his behavior-- marked by giddiness, clapping, strange speech patterns, mannerisms and comments-- was influenced by alcohol. "It wasn't that either," he said.

Rick Perry denies drinking or drugs influenced his strange NH speech | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Then what was it????????

Rick Perry denied Thursday that he was under the influence of alcohol or pain medication during a recent speech he gave in New Hampshire that prompted questions about the candidate's bizarre behavior.

Perry also rejected the accusation that his behavior-- marked by giddiness, clapping, strange speech patterns, mannerisms and comments-- was influenced by alcohol. "It wasn't that either," he said.

Rick Perry denies drinking or drugs influenced his strange NH speech | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Then what was it????????

Why does it have to be anything?

Then what was it????????

Because his public speaking behavior before the New Hampshire speech was much different. Something had to have caused it.

Then what was it????????

Because his public speaking behavior before the New Hampshire speech was much different. Something had to have caused it.

Apparently you don't know the man very well.

Just how many public speeches of his have you attended?

Watched some--between 3 and 5. Please show us clips of the other speeches where he looks fascinated by the viscosity of maple syrup.

Watched some--between 3 and 5. Please show us clips of the other speeches where he looks fascinated by the viscosity of maple syrup.

Not every speech he's made was video taped. But I have seen him at numerous public functions giving light-hearted, humurous speeches. I've also seen him at private venues showing his lighter side.

Then what was it????????

Sounds a little like “I did not inhale” except it’s more like, “I did not swallow the bottle of Jim Bean”. :lol:

Then what was it????????

As a political strategy, I don't think it bodes well for any candidate to be denying that he is making speeches under the influence of any narcotic...

Then what was it????????

As a political strategy, I don't think it bodes well for any candidate to be denying that he is making speeches under the influence of any narcotic...

Reminds me of a story I once read........

An old slick politician was making a stump speech and said of his opponent, "You can vote for my opponent when he says he's gonna cut taxes but damned if you should vote for a man who takes sheep out in the woods at night"!!!!

His aide stopped him after the speech and said, "He never did that".

The old slick politician replied, "I know. But now let the son-of-a-bitch deny it"!!!

Not every speech he's made was video taped. But I have seen him at numerous public functions giving light-hearted, humurous speeches. I've also seen him at private venues showing his lighter side.

So we should look forward to this type of behavior if he's elected?

Neither does anyone else, which is the point: however unfair or trite, first impressions are the most important. For millions of Americans not familiar with the Texas governor, Perry came off as a goof-ball.

Forum List

Back