Perry Giving up on Iowa?

I find Perry pretty likable. He's someone who can laugh at himself whick I find refreshing.

He's no dummy. I think he's going to spend where he thinks he has a chance of winning or at least being in the top 3.

Perry is no dummy? Have you watched the debates? Have you seen him interview? Have you even watched his fucked up campaign ads?

Perry is about as smart as a bag of hammers. The only reason he's governor of Texas is because he's plugged into the good old boy network in this state.

Funny, listening to what Obama says, one can conclude exactly the same thing. But I doubt you think that. Wonder why that is.

Perry has ads running here in Missouri.

I doubt he'll be around on 2/7. He'll probably do better in primary states than caucus states since it is more anonymous and those who support Perry are probably ashamed to do so. Missouri is the 4th of the primary states so he may be on the ballot but I think he'll see the writing on the wall after he is handed his ass in Florida.

More bad news for Reich Perry: Due to his party's radical disregard for voting rights, the Texas Primary was pushed back to April 3 (it was going to be on March 20 if memory serves). Not good news for him at all. I guess the gay soldiers have declared war on his candidacy too.

Why wouldn't he be around 2/7?

Why do people assume that you dont win Iowa you wont be around later on? You are in it until you drop out.

People seem to think that the nominee has to be chosen before the Convention. That's completely false. I think we could easy see this contest split until then with no one getting a majority. And then if Perry managed to pick up some delegates, he has some control in the negotiating.

We should have had kept the election going until the convention in 2008.

Perry has ads running here in Missouri.

I doubt he'll be around on 2/7. He'll probably do better in primary states than caucus states since it is more anonymous and those who support Perry are probably ashamed to do so. Missouri is the 4th of the primary states so he may be on the ballot but I think he'll see the writing on the wall after he is handed his ass in Florida.

More bad news for Reich Perry: Due to his party's radical disregard for voting rights, the Texas Primary was pushed back to April 3 (it was going to be on March 20 if memory serves). Not good news for him at all. I guess the gay soldiers have declared war on his candidacy too.

Why wouldn't he be around 2/7?

Why do people assume that you dont win Iowa you wont be around later on? You are in it until you drop out.

People seem to think that the nominee has to be chosen before the Convention. That's completely false. I think we could easy see this contest split until then with no one getting a majority. And then if Perry managed to pick up some delegates, he has some control in the negotiating.

We should have had kept the election going until the convention in 2008.

It isn't that you make a decision to stop running, your funding dries up when you don't win. Perry won't win Iowa. Perry won't win New Hampshire. He may not win South Carolina. He shot himself in both feet, remarkably, in Florida with his crack about a "Ponzi scheme" and then his stance on Israel. The only benefit thus far is that with both feet bloodied, he won't have a third to put in his mouth.

A brokered convention? That should go over very well with the TEA party types. LOL.

Interesting that he is pulling money out of Iowa as the caucus nears:

By JONATHAN MARTIN |
12/17/11 11:17 PM EST

Rick Perry's campaign is cutting $70,000 from its TV ad buy in Iowa over the next two weeks, sources tell POLITICO.

Perry was slated to have $380,000 worth of commercials for the coming week and $410,000 for the week after. But he's now shaved that to $330,000 for the coming week and $390,000 for the following week.

It's not a drastic reduction. The Texas governor still has a substanial network presence across Iowa's three main markets, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Sioux City, and is on cable in the smaller markts. Perry is also getting help from a SuperPAC.

But candidates usually up their TV presence in the final weeks before an election, and Perry needs a strong showing in Iowa to get back into contention. Trimming ad buys is often a sign of financial trouble.

A Perry spokesman didn't respond to an email about their reduction, but a source familiar with the campaign suggested they were juggling not cutting their TV.

Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com

Hard to see who gave up on whom first....5th place.

Forum List

Back