Perry continues to lead Romney

So I am hoping that this is you announcing that you know how Rick Perry is going to create jobs????

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW RICK PERRY IS GOING TO CREATE JOBS????

To be fair, if anyone other than Obama wins, jobs will be created. Business are on strike, protesting Obama.

He will repeal Obamacare, which everyone else will do, but that's going to kick-start job growth immensely.

De-regulation in general. He's also going to try and repeal dodd frank.

Drilling, even though it not labor intensive, our energy policy is linked to investing.

Cut corporate taxes, while cloosing loopholes, which will make business more competative.

So... he is going to 'deregulate'.
What is he going to deregulate?

And how the fuck is closing tax loopholes, labor policy, investing in energy going to create god damned jobs???? The question is how is RICKY going to create jobs??

Shouldnt he have more then just one stratagy for creating jobs?????

Like the Rabbi said, its not governments role to create jobs, and I'm sur that idiot Ron Paul would tell you that too.

Deregulate everything from the FDA to the EPA, Dodd Frank and ObamaCare.

Close the loopholes stop with the crony capitalism, reduce the corporate rates, which will encourage competition, and eventually led to job growth.

The better our energy policy, the healthier our economy is, even though not labor intensive, you allow companies to drill that's at least 250K jobs btw.

Ron Paul will create jobs by immeadiatly bringing home all the troops from around the world. Instead of dumping money into everyone elses economy dont you think its time to start taking care of America??

He will use the troops to secure the borders, what a crazy idea??? How will Rick Perry do it?? Waste millions of dollars on a fence??? No worry, that fence has 0 probability of actually happening, just campain rhetoric.

Perry said he wants boots on the ground, technology in the air and no fence.

You obviously aren't paying attention.

Yes you got me there. RICK PERRY supposed Democrat, oh wait then Republican wants to get tons of federal dollars for planes, technology, personell and god knows what else to protect the border. Sounds like a plan to grow border patrol to the size of the NSA.

This is the GOP's fiscally responsable, conservative option from Obama. This is taking stupid to a whole new level.

How is RICKY going to create jobs Missourian???

Don't be an idiot, we already have the drones, and the troops.

We could get rid of the most of the TSA and reallocate some of what we save to the Border Patrol.

How is Perry going to create jobs?

1) Repeal Obamacare.

2) Reduce taxes on small business.

3) Reduce regulation on small business.

4) Rein in the EPA, at least until the country is back on it's feet.

5) Become more energy self-sufficient. (Obama released a small portion of the national oil reserves, and the price of gasoline fell the next day...long before that oil ever entered the supply lines. Think of what the price of gasoline would do if we had a national policy of both tapping out own oil reserves AND pursuing green energy alternatives.)

6) Get the government out of the way.

7) Stop the union hand out "stimulus" programs. If you want to build roads and bridges, pass a highway bill, not a jobs bill.

8) Restructure tax laws.

9) And this is the most important, create a pro-business environment. (Obama publicly attacked the U.S. Chamber of Commerce...how anti business can you get?)

Perry said he wants boots on the ground, technology in the air and no fence.

You obviously aren't paying attention.

Yes you got me there. RICK PERRY supposed Democrat, oh wait then Republican wants to get tons of federal dollars for planes, technology, personell and god knows what else to protect the border. Sounds like a plan to grow border patrol to the size of the NSA.

This is the GOP's fiscally responsable, conservative option from Obama. This is taking stupid to a whole new level.

Ron Paul is a burnt crispy peice of toast after his statement in blaming America for 9-11, it won't happen, that add will be run 24/7 and he gave it to them. That what was Bin Lauden trumpeted and there is absolutely no truth to it what-so-ever and it reallly pisses off the American people, no matter your party affiliation. He's done, finished, ca-poot. Get over it and move on, the guy does not have a snow ball's chance in hell of winning anything.

Man, was that dumb.

At least he had the courage to express his opinion publicly.

I was afraid this was the case after discovering how much the antisemitic posters on the board love him.

Ron Paul is a burnt crispy peice of toast after his statement in blaming America for 9-11, it won't happen, that add will be run 24/7 and he gave it to them. That what was Bin Lauden trumpeted and there is absolutely no truth to it what-so-ever and it reallly pisses off the American people, no matter your party affiliation. He's done, finished, ca-poot. Get over it and move on, the guy does not have a snow ball's chance in hell of winning anything.

Man, was that dumb.

At least he had the courage to express his opinion publicly.

I was afraid this was the case after discovering how much the antisemitic posters on the board love him.

Whenever someone says the problem is our bad policy in the ME, it's really code for, it's the jews who are to blame.

In the first poll out since the second debate...Perry continues to lead by a wide margin.

Republicans are also more enthusiastic than Democrats about voting in 2012, a reversal from 2008.

CBS News / NY Times poll released yesterday:
Perry..............23
Romney..........16
Bachmann........7
Gingrich...........7
Cain................5
Paul................5
Huntsman.........1
Santorum.........1
Undecided......22
Palin was not included in the poll as a candidate, but the question was asked "Is your opinion of Sarah Palin favorable, not favorable, undecided, or haven't you heard enough about Sarah Palin yet to have an opinion?"

For the first time in CBS News Polls, more Republicans now view Palin unfavorably (39%) than favorably (36%). Opinions are similar among Republican primary voters.

Also, "Half of primary voters who pick a candidate for the nomination say they like their candidate but have reservations about him or her. Six in 10 Perry and Romney supporters say they have reservations about their candidate. And Romney’s support is somewhat weaker than Perry’s – just 25% of Romney’s supporters strongly favor him, compared to 33% of Perry’s."

A lot more interesting data in the poll results, I encourage you all to read the entire commentary here in pdf: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2011/NYT_CBS_Republicans_0916.pdf

Not so fast, keep in mind that this is just a Republican poll, Romney matches up beating Obama when you consider the independent vote and conservative Democrat vote, in fact, Perry is losing in the polls when matched up against Obama.

I am supporting the candidate that can go the distance and that's Mitt Romney. Keep in mind the Presidential race in not a horse race there are no second and third place prizes. Perry is sinking in the polls after the latest debate, on his support for tuition for illegal immigrants, his stance on SSI, and the executive order for vacinations for HPV. He also does not support a border fence. Illegal immigration is a huge problem for him even with Republicans.

I really don't want to disparage Romney, but I have a specific reason why I cannot support him in the primary.

He engineered and signed into law Romneycare...with a mandate, but now he is opposed to Obamacare.

He was pro-choice when running and serving as Governor, but now he is pro-life.

He passed and signed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts AND stated that had he been president, he would have signed the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban AND high capacity magazine ban...but in 2006 he joined the NRA.

I just can't overlook these things.

I am strongly pro-life and pro-second amendment...and Romney is either a pretender now, trying to score some vote or he was a pretender then.

Either way is just as bad, how can you trust a guy who will say whatever it take to get elected?

And that, in a nutshell, is why I can't support Romney...I don't trust him.

Last edited:
Perry and Romney represent more of the same. They're both typical politicians with ulterior motives.:evil:

Perry's number have come down a fair amount. He was polling at 38% two weeks ago. That's not surprising, given that it was expected there would be a surge from the excitement from his initial announcement, followed by a decline.

There have been a series of polls with and without Palin included. Generally, Perry's numbers have dropped by 8-10% when Palin has been included, implying that Palin's supporters are supporting Perry when Palin is not in the race. However, this was the first poll without Palin showing Perry at the lowest number yet since he entered the race. It could be an outlier, however.

Romney has to be concerned, given that he can't crack the ~20% level.
Why Toro, haven't you heard?

Rick Perry is the comeback compadre. :D

Forum List

Back