Perry Campaign Owes Cain an Apology

I hope everyone realizes that one of the biggest mouthpieces in this smear campaign has been a man called Chris Wilson.

Ol Chris there claims he witnessed Herman sexually harassing women.

Well here comes the WHOOPSIES!!!

Guess what Chris does for a living? Why lordy, lordy, my goodness gracious, can you believe it?

Chris Wilson is a pollster for Governor Perry.

:lol:

Oh noes, there's no connection to the Perry campaign at all :lol::lol::lol:
Heard this. Not surprising.

Now what of the link to Romney and the Contributions made by the current director of the National Restaurant Association?

Hmmmm..........

I love watching and hearing this stuff. I hope it drags on and on. Talk about idiots.

I hope everyone realizes that one of the biggest mouthpieces in this smear campaign has been a man called Chris Wilson.

Guess what Chris does for a living? Why lordy, lordy, my goodness gracious, can you believe it?

Now what of the link to Romney and the Contributions made by the current director of the National Restaurant Association?

Hmmmm..........

I'd heard about that. Frankly I think it's been a pile on from many directions.More than one person or campaign wants to destroy Cain.

I hope all those who participated in this vicious smear campaign get flushed out into the open.

What's really good is that people now that they are forcing themselves into the media to be heard are standing up for Cain.

Have you seen this article?

Herman Cain | Sexual Harassment Allegations | National Restaurant Association | Joseph Fassler | The Daily Caller

I was thinking of giving it a thread of its own.

In an interview with The Daily Caller, former National Restaurant Association board chairman Joseph Fassler offered a firm defense of GOP presidential front-runner Herman Cain, along with an explanation for how Washington’s best kept secret — the identities of Cain’s sexual-harassment accusers — was also kept from the association’s board.

“The accusations? It’s a hatchet job, in my opinion,” Fassler told TheDC from his Phoenix, Ariz. office. “My gut tells me it’s a hatchet job. He gets a lead, he gets some traction, and the next thing you know, here come these allegations. It’s sad.”

Hmmmm..........

I'd heard about that. Frankly I think it's been a pile on from many directions.More than one person or campaign wants to destroy Cain.

I hope all those who participated in this vicious smear campaign get flushed out into the open.

What's really good is that people now that they are forcing themselves into the media to be heard are standing up for Cain.

Have you seen this article?

Herman Cain | Sexual Harassment Allegations | National Restaurant Association | Joseph Fassler | The Daily Caller

I was thinking of giving it a thread of its own.

In an interview with The Daily Caller, former National Restaurant Association board chairman Joseph Fassler offered a firm defense of GOP presidential front-runner Herman Cain, along with an explanation for how Washington’s best kept secret — the identities of Cain’s sexual-harassment accusers — was also kept from the association’s board.

“The accusations? It’s a hatchet job, in my opinion,” Fassler told TheDC from his Phoenix, Ariz. office. “My gut tells me it’s a hatchet job. He gets a lead, he gets some traction, and the next thing you know, here come these allegations. It’s sad.”
Not seen that...thanks...and YES absolutely. Would be good discussion.

As to Cain? He needs to gather his law people...get clarifications...get it out there...and be done with it. Sooner the better.

This is nothing but a baseless nasty distraction.

*I* should be on Cain's staff...and would take the job without pay if asked.

This isnt going away anytime soon. Makes for good fodder. I love seeing our possible leaders and current leaders suffer on the hot seat.

So what if there is?

Look, the fact is, most of Cain's damage on this is self-inflicted.

He knew this was out there. He knew that settlements had been paid. And he knew 10 days ago that the Politico was going to run with this.

Eventually, these women are going to speak publicly, and things are going to be a lot worse for him.

and?

There was an interesting story on opposition research yesterday on NPR....all the candidates do it, research their competition to see if first of all they've been honest about their backgrounds and second of all to find anything on them that will make them unelectable.

In the end, though, if Cain sexually harassed anyone it doesn't matter how the story got out. All his blustering and finger pointing at Perry is nothing but an attempt to distract.

And an attempt by him to shirk personal responsibility.

There was an interesting story on opposition research yesterday on NPR....all the candidates do it, research their competition to see if first of all they've been honest about their backgrounds and second of all to find anything on them that will make them unelectable.

In the end, though, if Cain sexually harassed anyone it doesn't matter how the story got out. All his blustering and finger pointing at Perry is nothing but an attempt to distract.

On this he's handled it so poorly I doubt he can recover from it. And it really wasn't so difficult because the women signed an NDA. My take is he should have just said, "Sure I did it, it was inappropriate and I am not proud of my behavior. It was sophomoric and crude, but I am past that. What I've took from it is a new respect for women in the workplace and that I need to understand that things said even in jest can be hurtful. It was 12 years ago, and I have grown into a better person." That probably would have been it. But anyone paying attention and watching this guy on the talk shows and in debates knows that Cain's mind is on one track. And anything deviating from that track flusters and confuses him. Same with most of the other Republican candidates. Reagan, I think would have probably do away with it with a quip, like, "Really? Don't let my wife know, she'd kill me."

Last edited:

On this he's handled it so poorly I doubt he can recover from it. And it really wasn't so difficult because the women signed an NDA. My take is he should have just said, "Sure I did it, it was inappropriate and I am not proud of my behavior. It was sophomoric and crude, but I am past that. What I've took from it is a new respect for women in the workplace and that I need to understand that things said even in jest can be hurtful. It was 12 years ago, and I have grown into a better person." That probably would have been it. But anyone paying attention and watching this guy on the talk shows and in debates knows that Cain's mind is on one track. And anything deviating from that track flusters and confuses him. Same with most of the other Republican candidates. Reagan, I think would have probably do away with it with a quip, like, "Really? Don't let my wife know, she'd kill me."

I wouldn't be so fast. I thought when the Lewinsky thing broke, Clinton would resign within a month. Instead, his followers rallied to his defense.

I think a lot of Americans who've been warned about their oh-so-offending Swimsuit Calender breaking the "harrassment" rules will be a lot more sympathetic to Cain. We all work with the crazy lady who you censor every word around because who knows what she'll take offense to.

I think that Cain should be rejected for reasons that have nothing to do with this, but the GOP is so anxious to not nominate Romney that they might overlook anything.

So Perry made Cain totally mangle his answers?

Look, no one is to blame here but Cain. he's the one who engaged in the behavior. He's the one who changed his story three times in the day this all came out.

Bullshit...Perry is just another Texas cowboy who would out his own mother for a political victory. You think it's just coincidence that he's been the governor of Texas for twelve years and has never lost an election?

Let's look at another example of Republican politics:

When Richard Nixon ran for the 12th congressional district in CA he spread the word through anonymous phone calls that his opponent Jerry Voohis was a Communist. Nixon was a low down crook and I voted for his conniving ass three times. It was the beginning of the end of my life as a Republican. The last time I voted for a Republican in a national election was for Reagan when he ran for his second term. I'll never vote for another of the "Spend and Borrow" crooks again if I live to 100.
And in Chicago, dead folks voted for JFK. They voted early and often. Gotta love Democrats' politics.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so fast. I thought when the Lewinsky thing broke, Clinton would resign within a month. Instead, his followers rallied to his defense.

I think a lot of Americans who've been warned about their oh-so-offending Swimsuit Calender breaking the "harrassment" rules will be a lot more sympathetic to Cain. We all work with the crazy lady who you censor every word around because who knows what she'll take offense to.

I think that Cain should be rejected for reasons that have nothing to do with this, but the GOP is so anxious to not nominate Romney that they might overlook anything.

Couple of major differences. Clinton was already identified as a womanizer prior to taking office and the whole Ken Starr thing was rightly characterized as a witch hunt. In the long run it was a huge mistake for the republicans to go with it. In any case..it's not just one woman..and Cain has handled it terribly. I agree this won't be a deciding factor, but eventually it will help make up the minds of the social conservative types..who are now backing Cain.

Couple of major differences. Clinton was already identified as a womanizer prior to taking office and the whole Ken Starr thing was rightly characterized as a witch hunt. In the long run it was a huge mistake for the republicans to go with it. In any case..it's not just one woman..and Cain has handled it terribly. I agree this won't be a deciding factor, but eventually it will help make up the minds of the social conservative types..who are now backing Cain.

Clinton compromised the intergity of the oval office with his actions. Furthermore, he refused to own up to his error and used semantics to fool the American people and congress.

He knowingly made one of his constituants that he was elected to serve (lewinsky) as a liar when, in fact, he was the one spinning the truth.

Like him or not (and I was very much impressed with his tenure as POTUS), I believe he did not deserve the support he got for his actions...for the reasons I stated above.

Its amateur hour. Cain's campaign says they might sue politico. Why, for running a story that was 100% accurate? People still want to run this guy against Obama. SMH

Forum List

Back