Perry calls potential Fed action treasonous

I'm sure it would be even easier for YOU to point to something specific that Obama did for the people of Illinois, back when he served less than one term as a U.S. Senator or back when he was a "community organizer"....take your pick, that worked well on the national level, right?

Hello? McFly? :cuckoo:

Typical response. Most conservatives will only attack Obama. They refuse to talk about why their candidate is better. Even in a thread about their candidate.

THANK YOU for inadvertantly answering my question. You could not legitimately answer my question about providing "something specific that Obama did for the people of Illinois", so you characterized my question as an "attack" on Obama.

That says it all. :clap2:

heh heh You want to discuss Obama in a thread about Perry? And this is somehow my fault?

Look, bub, if you want to discuss Obama, lets do it. Make an Obama thread and I'll meet you there.

Now, back to Perry ....

He's created a business friendly environment. Which in turn creates JOBS.

He helped aid in the passage of robust tort reform laws -- laws which Obama has done everything possible to defeat at the national level -- has attracted thousands of physicians and other professionals to Texas.

Had Perry's policies of tax and regulatory reform been adopted ten years ago at the national level, and had they been maintained and expanded during the Obama administration, America as a whole would enjoy a similar level of economic growth and job creation.

heh heh, so I will say it again ...

"Then it should be very easy for you to point to something specific he did in Texas that would work well on the national level."

He helped aid in the passage of robust tort reform laws -- laws which Obama has done everything possible to defeat at the national level -- has attracted thousands of physicians and other professionals to Texas.

Had Perry's policies of tax and regulatory reform been adopted ten years ago at the national level, and had they been maintained and expanded during the Obama administration, America as a whole would enjoy a similar level of economic growth and job creation.

"Then it should be very easy for you to point to something specific he did in Texas that would work well on the national level."

I'm sorry you don't like the answer.

I'm sorry you don't like the answer.

I didn't like this answer either..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question - YouTube[/ame]

Yours was sorta the same. :lol:

Alot of media and political figures seem to have jumped on Perry's comments. Karl Rove, who knows a little something about politics, thinks the comments were bad politics. Nothing on this thread has convinced me that there was a political upside for Perry.

Perry: Bernanke would be 'treasonous' to use stimulus again - Aug. 16, 2011

"If this guy [Ben Bernanke] prints more money between now and the election, I don't know what y'all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas.
I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history, is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion."

I don't want to debate monetary policy, except to say that it seems entirely plausible that the Fed will indeed increase the money supply sometime in the fifteen months. I do want to debate Perry's rhetoric.

Perry's words are clearly part of his populist, anti-Washington appeal, which has served him well in Texas. I think it will continue to help him with the politically active conservative Republicans that he's currently wooing. I think it will be awful for him in the general election.

Perry has many obvious strengths. I think his biggest weakness is that he will scare some voters. Quotes like these will do just that. To me, "treat him pretty ugly down in Texas," conjures up images of some violent action. Similar (indeed, more explicit) quotes got Palin in trouble following the Loughner shootings, and I think Perry's words risk being construed in a very negative light, however he intended them.

Perry's choice of target is a little odd as well. Certainly, Bernanke is not popular. However, he is a pro-business Republican originally appointed to his *independent* agency by a Republican President. It's not particularly plausible that he would damage the economy over which he has accepted stewardship in order to help a Democratic President against a pro-business Republican challenger.

If I were Perry, I would cool it on the angry words and run on my record. Perry has a record of job creation and solid conservativism nearly perfectly in line with the average Republican primary voter. He can capture the nomination as a jobs candidate rather than as a flamethrower and be better positioned to get to the White House.

Ron Paul has made it fashionable to discuss the issue of the Federal Reserve, and Perry is attempting to exploit this sentiment. Indeed, during the last debate all of the candidates seemed to support auditing the FED, something the GAO did http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11696.pdf and something that Congressman Paul had been championing for years.

I believe Perry's overly strong statement is meant to trivialize the issue. I would like to say, and I'm not a fan of his, that Alex Jones said last year that Perry was lying when he said he wasn't going to run.

Last edited:
"The Fed should be audited."

"I oppose quantitative easing."

"Bernanke is almost a traitor. We'd treat him real ugly down here in Texas if he tried it again."

Do you not see the difference between these statements?

Last edited:
Perry: Bernanke would be 'treasonous' to use stimulus again - Aug. 16, 2011

"If this guy [Ben Bernanke] prints more money between now and the election, I don't know what y'all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas.
I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history, is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion."

I don't want to debate monetary policy, except to say that it seems entirely plausible that the Fed will indeed increase the money supply sometime in the fifteen months. I do want to debate Perry's rhetoric.

Perry's words are clearly part of his populist, anti-Washington appeal, which has served him well in Texas. I think it will continue to help him with the politically active conservative Republicans that he's currently wooing. I think it will be awful for him in the general election.

Perry has many obvious strengths. I think his biggest weakness is that he will scare some voters. Quotes like these will do just that. To me, "treat him pretty ugly down in Texas," conjures up images of some violent action. Similar (indeed, more explicit) quotes got Palin in trouble following the Loughner shootings, and I think Perry's words risk being construed in a very negative light, however he intended them.

Perry's choice of target is a little odd as well. Certainly, Bernanke is not popular. However, he is a pro-business Republican originally appointed to his *independent* agency by a Republican President. It's not particularly plausible that he would damage the economy over which he has accepted stewardship in order to help a Democratic President against a pro-business Republican challenger.

If I were Perry, I would cool it on the angry words and run on my record. Perry has a record of job creation and solid conservativism nearly perfectly in line with the average Republican primary voter. He can capture the nomination as a jobs candidate rather than as a flamethrower and be better positioned to get to the White House.

Bernanke went native a long time ago, which is a problem with a lot of these people in Washington. They go there to fix things and they end up become part of it. Probably starts when they go to their first Washington Dinner Party.

I don't think Perry hurts himself with this kind of rhetoric, since there is a policy result in that when you print more money, the money you have becomes less valuable- thereby inflation. Tell a guy he has to pay 6% more because of devalued dollars when he only got a 3% raise, and yeah, he's going to be bent out of shape.

Well, if Washington D. C. continues to thumb its nose at Americans, we could move the capitol to a different central location. Texas is pretty central in the scheme of things, and it would save a lot of gas money getting people to and from a nice, pretty little town like San Marcos, TX. They have water so clear there, they put glass in the bottom of the boats. Texas has a thousand cities that would be better than Washington, D.C., and with the gas shortage, people might be in a more receptive state of mind in Texas to open ANWR and the Gulf of Mexico back for new drilling before China and Russia move in to do likewise. Washington is squandering states' rights to cater to ill-thought theses, most of which have been disproved scientifically.

Last edited:
Alot of media and political figures seem to have jumped on Perry's comments. Karl Rove, who knows a little something about politics, thinks the comments were bad politics. Nothing on this thread has convinced me that there was a political upside for Perry.

I agree with this. I see that comments like this will hurt Perry, but will continue to help Ron Paul. I think with the fighting we will see between Perry, Romney, and Bachman, Ron Paul will fly under the radar.

Ron Paul is used to being ignored by media, but the other candidates will need it if they are going to survive. Mitt's low numbers in the Straw poll, and the already controversial statements by Perry and Bachman have already worked out in Paul's favor, and will continue to do so. Paul supports are not going anywhere, but the supporters of the others will likely jump ship if their candidate gets to much negative attention from the press.

I agree with this. I see that comments like this will hurt Perry, but will continue to help Ron Paul. I think with the fighting we will see between Perry, Romney, and Bachman, Ron Paul will fly under the radar.

Ron Paul is used to being ignored by media, but the other candidates will need it if they are going to survive. Mitt's low numbers in the Straw poll, and the already controversial statements by Perry and Bachman have already worked out in Paul's favor, and will continue to do so. Paul supports are not going anywhere, but the supporters of the others will likely jump ship if their candidate gets to much negative attention from the press.

You Paul People need to wake up to reality. Hell I like the guy, and a lot of what he says. However there is no way in hell he can win the General. Besides he can't go more than a few days with out saying something so fucking out there, he makes crazy seem sane.

You Paul People need to wake up to reality. Hell I like the guy, and a lot of what he says. However there is no way in hell he can win the General. Besides he can't go more than a few days with out saying something so fucking out there, he makes crazy seem sane.

Give me an example of a crazy statement by Ron Paul.

Forum List

Back