Perry calls potential Fed action treasonous

This is the thing.

Reagan broke alot of laws.

And there was a milquetoast investigation followed by a national apology.

Do you think that was enough?

If yes? Quit bitching.

If no. Well you can understand why we are where we are..:(

What does any of that have to do with OBama getting a free pass from you to do what he did?

You should be ashamed of your self, your party, your leader, butt no

You continue to support a piece of chit and wonder why everyone

is praying to God, you fail.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Thank you Dr. Savage, hit the nail on the head with that one.

Hows this for compromise, 30 years to life.

“Texas is a unique place. When we came into the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that,” Perry said. “My hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We’ve got a great union. There’s absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, who knows what may come of that.”
You've already been pwned on this topic once before.

Now show us where Perry calls for Texas to secede?!?!?

And for you idiot fucks a court has already ruled in Texas v White in 1869, that Texas cannot secede from the Union. However Texas came into the union with the ability to divide into five states.

Hope that clears it up for ya.

I don't have a problem reading, my eyesight is just fine.

Again, where does Perry call for Texas to secede?

Erm.

He didn't call for them to secede.

He said it was an option.

It's not.

This is the thing.

Reagan broke alot of laws.

And there was a milquetoast investigation followed by a national apology.

Do you think that was enough?

If yes? Quit bitching.

If no. Well you can understand why we are where we are..:(

What does any of that have to do with OBama getting a free pass from you to do what he did?

You should be ashamed of your self, your party, your leader, butt no

You continue to support a piece of chit and wonder why everyone

is praying to God, you fail.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Thank you Dr. Savage, hit the nail on the head with that one.

Hows this for compromise, 30 years to life.

First off..Obama had nothing to do with the policy.

Second..Reagan directly had everything to do with the policy.

Thirdly..you don't care about Second.

Perry: Bernanke would be 'treasonous' to use stimulus again - Aug. 16, 2011

"If this guy [Ben Bernanke] prints more money between now and the election, I don't know what y'all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas.
I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history, is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion."

I don't want to debate monetary policy, except to say that it seems entirely plausible that the Fed will indeed increase the money supply sometime in the fifteen months. I do want to debate Perry's rhetoric.

Perry's words are clearly part of his populist, anti-Washington appeal, which has served him well in Texas. I think it will continue to help him with the politically active conservative Republicans that he's currently wooing. I think it will be awful for him in the general election.

Perry has many obvious strengths. I think his biggest weakness is that he will scare some voters. Quotes like these will do just that. To me, "treat him pretty ugly down in Texas," conjures up images of some violent action. Similar (indeed, more explicit) quotes got Palin in trouble following the Loughner shootings, and I think Perry's words risk being construed in a very negative light, however he intended them.

Perry's choice of target is a little odd as well. Certainly, Bernanke is not popular. However, he is a pro-business Republican originally appointed to his *independent* agency by a Republican President. It's not particularly plausible that he would damage the economy over which he has accepted stewardship in order to help a Democratic President against a pro-business Republican challenger.

If I were Perry, I would cool it on the angry words and run on my record. Perry has a record of job creation and solid conservativism nearly perfectly in line with the average Republican primary voter. He can capture the nomination as a jobs candidate rather than as a flamethrower and be better positioned to get to the White House.

I hate to break this to you, but Bernanke LIED. The money supply is CONSTANTLY being increased. Here are a few (of many) links for you:

Goodbye M3- What is the Government hiding?

Money Supply Charts

Monetary Base and Money Supply

Mises.org: Economic Data

Easy Money Makes the World Go Stop - Yahoo! News

How could anyone not know what Perry was thinking based on that comment?

Rational thinking people would not have made that leap.

"I mean, printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history, is almost treacherous, or treasonous, in my opinion."

Yeah. How could anyone read that and think that Perry meant that Bernanke printing money, at this particular time, would be playing politics.

:cuckoo:

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, “I don’t know what y’all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas,” Perry said. “Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treacherous -- or treasonous in my opinion.”

“We’ve already tried this. All it’s going to be doing is devaluing the dollar in your pocket and we cannot afford that. We have to learn the lessons of the past three years that they’ve been devastating. The President of the United States has conducted an experiment on the American economy for almost the last three years, and it has gone tragically wrong and we need to send him a clear message in November of 2012 that new leadership is coming.”

What Perry is saying is that IF they print more money between now and this election, then yes the Fed would be trying to help Obama.

What Perry is saying is that IF they print more money between now and this election, then yes the Fed would be trying to help Obama.

So in other words ... EXACTLY what Krugman said and EXACTLY what I said.

And yet, you disagreed then and agree now.

Awesome. Thanks for the consistency of your opinion.

I've had Perry as my Governor for 11 years. I like most of what he's done in Texas.

Then it should be very easy for you to point to something specific he did in Texas that would work well on the national level.

Go for it.

Well he accepted money from the stimulus package to plug budget holes.

And he accepted the fact that the industry most involved in creating jobs in his state (Energy industry) gets the most tax payer money outside of the military.

And you can kind of count military spending in the mix..as the military has been used to defend the interests of big oil.

Deflection is your response? Then fuck you and your party to

i dont debate killing with murderers, remember?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I've had Perry as my Governor for 11 years. I like most of what he's done in Texas.

Then it should be very easy for you to point to something specific he did in Texas that would work well on the national level.

Go for it.

And he accepted the fact that the industry most involved in creating jobs in his state (Energy industry) gets the most tax payer money outside of the military.

And you can kind of count military spending in the mix..as the military has been used to defend the interests of big oil.

Hmm. So we could maybe count on Perry borrowing more to inject a stimulus while at the same time focusing on improving energy.

Well, maybe I need to re-think my vote!

:eusa_angel:

Go for it.

I'm sure it would be even easier for YOU to point to something specific that Obama did for the people of Illinois, back when he served less than one term as a U.S. Senator or back when he was a "community organizer"....take your pick, that worked well on the national level, right?

Hello? McFly? :cuckoo:

Deflection is your response? Then fuck you and your party to

i dont debate killing with murderers, remember?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Basically you don't "debate" at all.

You insult and throw up hyperbole.

But it's been fun. :lol:

Go for it.

Hmm. So we could maybe count on Perry borrowing more to inject a stimulus while at the same time focusing on improving energy.

Well, maybe I need to re-think my vote!

:eusa_angel:

:lol:

So in other words ... EXACTLY what Krugman said and EXACTLY what I said.

And yet, you disagreed then and agree now.

Awesome. Thanks for the consistency of your opinion.

Perhaps I misunderstood. i'll have to go back and read that post again. But I thought what you were saying is that Krugman thought Perry was accusing Bernanke of playing politics when the fact is Perry stated IF they were to print money between now an election that's that what they would be doing. I know the IF word is very confusing.

Go for it.

I'm sure it would be even easier for YOU to point to something specific that Obama did for the people of Illinois, back when he served less than one term as a U.S. Senator or back when he was a "community organizer"....take your pick, that worked well on the national level, right?

Typical response. Most conservatives will only attack Obama. They refuse to talk about why their candidate is better. Even in a thread about their candidate.

Go for it.

Typical response. Most conservatives will only attack Obama. They refuse to talk about why their candidate is better. Even in a thread about their candidate.

Basically because their candidate is an Elmer Gantry..

Or this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_yLodI1CQ]The Simpsons Monorail song (High Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

Go for it.

He's created a business friendly environment. Which in turn creates JOBS.

He helped aid in the passage of robust tort reform laws -- laws which Obama has done everything possible to defeat at the national level -- has attracted thousands of physicians and other professionals to Texas.

Had Perry's policies of tax and regulatory reform been adopted ten years ago at the national level, and had they been maintained and expanded during the Obama administration, America as a whole would enjoy a similar level of economic growth and job creation.

Go for it.

THANK YOU for inadvertantly answering my question. You could not legitimately answer my question about providing "something specific that Obama did for the people of Illinois", so you characterized my question as an "attack" on Obama.

That says it all. :clap2:

Forum List

Back