Perpetual WAR!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Perpetual
WAR
!!!

.....Cause we've got nothin' BETTER, to do?

:eusa_eh:

"Drift never makes the case that war might be necessary. America would be weakened dramatically if we had underreacted to 9/11. However, Rachel Maddow makes valid arguments that our country has been drifting towards questionable wars, draining our resources, without sufficient input and time. People who like Rachel will love the book. People who don’t will get angry, but aggressive debate is good for America. Drift is a book worth reading."

- ROGER AILES, Chairman and CEO, FOX News

318.gif

She's right.

oddly enough, clocked stop kinda way.

Liberals love useless feel good wars.

North Korea; usless liberal war
Viet Nam; useless liberal war
Bay of Pigs; failed liberal attempt at war
Africa
Lybia
yemen

etc, etc....

She's right.

oddly enough, clocked stop kinda way.

Liberals love useless feel good wars.
....And, "conservatives" love Wars for fun and (mostly) PROFIT!!

October 20, 2011

Apology For A Guatemalan Coup

"More than a half-century after Guatemala’s elected president Jacobo Arbenz Guzman was overthrown in a coup planned by the C.I.A. and forced into a wandering exile, President Alvaro Colom apologized on Thursday for what he called a “great crime

In a muted ceremony at the National Palace in Guatemala City, Mr. Colom turned to Mr. Arbenz’s son Juan Jacobo and asked for forgiveness on behalf of the state.

“That day changed Guatemala and we have not recuperated from it yet,” he said. “It was a crime to Guatemalan society and it was an act of aggression to a government starting its democratic spring.”

The overthrow in 1954 of Mr. Arbenz, a former army colonel whose policies attempted to narrow the chasm betwen the country’s tiny elite and its impoverished peasants, squashed a 10-year effort to build a democratic state."

"At this time in Guatemala, just 2.2 percent of the population owned over 70 percent of the country's land. Only 10 percent of the land was available for 90 percent of the population, most of who were Indians. Most of the land held by the large landowners was unused. Jacobo Arbenz who continued the reform process begun under Arevalo succeeded Arevalo in another free election. Arbenz proposed to redistribute some of the unused land and make it available for the 90 percent to farm.

Here is where the problem arose: United Fruit was one of the big holders of unused land in Guatemala. The pressure mounted against UFCO and finally the company complained to the many friends it had within the U.S. government including President Eisenhower and Secretary of State John Foster Dulles, saying that Guatemala had turned communist.

The history of Guatemala since the Spanish conquest is one of continuous domination and repression. For a brief ten years from 1944 to 1954, Guatemala experienced the fresh air of democracy. However, with a right-wing dictatorship back in power, Guatemala was thrown back into the dark ages and the stage was set for the next 30 years of repression and killing."

"Ronald Reagan's election in November 1980 set off celebrations in the well-to-do communities of Central America. After four years of Jimmy Carter's human rights nagging, the region's anticommunist hard-liners were thrilled that they had someone in the White House who understood their problems. The oligarchs and the generals had good reason for the optimism. For years, Reagan had been a staunch defender of right-wing regimes that engaged in bloody counterinsurgency campaigns against leftist enemies.

In the late 1970s, when Carter's human rights coordinator, Pat Derian, criticized the Argentine military for its "dirty war" -- tens of thousands of "disappearances," tortures and murders -- then-political commentator Reagan joshed that she should "walk a mile in the moccasins" of the Argentine generals before criticizing them. Despite his aw shucks style, Reagan found virtually every anticommunist action justified, no matter how brutal. From his eight years in the White House, there is no historical indication that he was troubled by the bloodbath and even genocide that occurred in Central America during his presidency, while he was shipping hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to the implicated forces."

Last edited:
'Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace.' That's been our Foreign Policy for many years. Big Government Globalists have a plan. And a permanent state of War is a big part of that plan. There will always be a 'Boogeyman' about to get us. Isn't this NWO fun?

Hot war is a side effect of economic and currency warfare. Maddow (i saw her speak on this last night) is mostly right. How do we end so much war and hostility around the globe from the major players? The answer is simple, but I highly doubt anyone wants to hear it any more. We've moved, after many generations, into an era where that answer seems absolutely proposterous. Only few talk of it.

Hot war is a side effect of economic and currency warfare. Maddow (i saw her speak on this last night) is mostly right. How do we end so much war and hostility around the globe from the major players? The answer is simple, but I highly doubt anyone wants to hear it any more. We've moved, after many generations, into an era where that answer seems absolutely proposterous. Only few talk of it.

Unfortunately, standing up for the Constitution gets you labeled a 'Tinfoil Hat Nut' these days. It's all about the indoctrination propaganda. Most Americans just don't know any better. It's very sad.

Im glad to see some of you are starting to accpet that Madow is one of the best news people out there today

No one said anything like that in here. She's mostly right about what she said regarding war. That hardly makes her "one of the best" in news today. Actually, that's laughable.

Unfortunately, standing up for the Constitution gets you labeled a 'Tinfoil Hat Nut' these days. It's all about the indoctrination propaganda. Most Americans just don't know any better. It's very sad.

Well, yeah. The constitution is certainly part of the obvious from which I speak. In fact, the portion I'm talking about is directly IN the constitution.

Well, yeah. The constitution is certainly part of the obvious from which I speak. In fact, the portion I'm talking about is directly IN the constitution.

Yeah, what a Nation we've become. Those who stand up and fight for the Constitution are the 'Tinfoil Hat Nuts.' What a mess. :(

....For obviou$ rea$on$.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y]Eisenhower's "Military-Industrial Complex" Speech - YouTube[/ame]​

That isn't what i had in mind at all as the answer to curtail these endless wars. There is a really simple answer. I'm just not going to state it as it is so obvious it is entriely overlooked by almost everyone.

No one said anything like that in here. She's mostly right about what she said regarding war. That hardly makes her "one of the best" in news today. Actually, that's laughable.
Yeah.....what could a woman possibly know, about War, right?​

Forum List

Back