Perpetual motion has been around for a long time. SUCKERS!!!

ruly

Mar 19, 2017
I have heard people talk about how the economy would supposedly break down if perpetual motion ever came into being. Because the energy companies would go bankrupt. Well perpetual motion has existed for a long time. Energy companies didn't go out of business. They just use incredible amounts of money (which is probably just pocket change to them) to come up with countless BS reasons not to use it. Along with buying up controlling interest in any company that has anything to do with the whole process. Anything from mining to building and maintaining power transmission lines. Or keeping an even flow of energy in the power grid. (That is if home battery units aren't used)

What is this perpetual motion device I speak of? First, you need to ask yourself what perpetual motion is. That is as far as producing energy goes. It is any device that you get more energy out of than you put into it.

This device exists and is called photovoltaic solar panels. It takes 1 to 4 years for them to make up for the energy used to create them. And they last for 20 to 25 years. So after 1 to 4 years, during their lifespan, you are getting more energy out of them than you put into them. And the sun will continue to shine on earth, whether or not there are even people on it, for at least the next 4 billion years. Imagine if every house, covered parking space and building had solar panels on them. Not even using whatever expanses of useless desert you could use. The U.S. would produce far more electricity than it would ever need. Even if all cars were completely electric.

But good luck ever seeing that happen. Corporations have too much power in this country. You believe anything they tell you. You vote for whoever they want you to vote for. And capitalism in this country, as it now stands, is to "holy" of a thing for you to dare challenge. And even if you did manage to do so, before they went down, those who lost their power would probably find a countless number of ways that you probably wouldn't even consider to punish you.

There are only two people who could make solar energy happen. Me, and the guy I will show a picture of. Deal with it.
m7rOVTK.jpg

The U.S. would produce far more electricity than it would ever need.
It sounds good, but solar energy is not reliable, has stability problems and is more expensive compared to "traditional" sources of energy.

I have heard people talk about how the economy would supposedly break down if perpetual motion ever came into being. Because the energy companies would go bankrupt. Well perpetual motion has existed for a long time. Energy companies didn't go out of business. They just use incredible amounts of money (which is probably just pocket change to them) to come up with countless BS reasons not to use it. Along with buying up controlling interest in any company that has anything to do with the whole process. Anything from mining to building and maintaining power transmission lines. Or keeping an even flow of energy in the power grid. (That is if home battery units aren't used)

What is this perpetual motion device I speak of? First, you need to ask yourself what perpetual motion is. That is as far as producing energy goes. It is any device that you get more energy out of than you put into it.

This device exists and is called photovoltaic solar panels. It takes 1 to 4 years for them to make up for the energy used to create them. And they last for 20 to 25 years. So after 1 to 4 years, during their lifespan, you are getting more energy out of them than you put into them. And the sun will continue to shine on earth, whether or not there are even people on it, for at least the next 4 billion years. Imagine if every house, covered parking space and building had solar panels on them. Not even using whatever expanses of useless desert you could use. The U.S. would produce far more electricity than it would ever need. Even if all cars were completely electric.

But good luck ever seeing that happen. Corporations have too much power in this country. You believe anything they tell you. You vote for whoever they want you to vote for. And capitalism in this country, as it now stands, is to "holy" of a thing for you to dare challenge. And even if you did manage to do so, before they went down, those who lost their power would probably find a countless number of ways that you probably wouldn't even consider to punish you.

There are only two people who could make solar energy happen. Me, and the guy I will show a picture of. Deal with it.
m7rOVTK.jpg

You mistake what a perpetual motion machine is. It is not about how much energy you get from it.

from Dictionary.com:
"the motion of a theoretical mechanism that, without any losses due to friction or other forms of dissipation of energy, would continue to operate indefinitely at the same rate without any external energy being applied to it."

I am all for expanding our use of photovoltaic cells. But they are not a perpetual motion machine.

• Banned
The U.S. would produce far more electricity than it would ever need.
It sounds good, but solar energy is not reliable, has stability problems and is more expensive compared to "traditional" sources of energy.

How reliable is the sun. That is EXACTLY how reliable solar energy is. You are completely mistaken to believe otherwise. (Or do you just get money from the energy industry in some way) The same goes for any "stability problems."

You are also barking up the wrong tree with how expensive it is. Did you not see my thread around here, "Collusion against renewable energy." If solar panels and their operating systems are expensive at all, it is because energy companies dictate the price.

Next, when our planet starts to get exponentially warmer from human caused global warming, all the countries on earth couldn't print up enough $1,000,000.000 dollar bills to pay to fix that problem. Compare the "expense" of solar energy to that.

• Banned

m7rOVTK.jpg

You mistake what a perpetual motion machine is. It is not about how much energy you get from it.

from Dictionary.com:
"the motion of a theoretical mechanism that, without any losses due to friction or other forms of dissipation of energy, would continue to operate indefinitely at the same rate without any external energy being applied to it."

I am all for expanding our use of photovoltaic cells. But they are not a perpetual motion machine.

After your first sentence, the rest wasn't worth reading. I don't care what the scientific definition of perpetual motion is. But if you had an actual perpetual motion machine that could create more energy than what went into it, in that regard, it would be no different than solar energy.

True, the energy would come from the sun. But as I said, the sun is going to be shining for at least the next 4 billion years. And you want to quibble about the actual definition of perpetual motion?!!!! NOTHING (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) could be less important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m7rOVTK.jpg

from Dictionary.com:

After your first sentence, the rest wasn't worth reading. I don't care what the scientific definition of perpetual motion is. But if you had an actual perpetual motion machine that could create more energy than what went into it, in that regard, it would be no different than solar energy.

True, the energy would come from the sun. But as I said, the sun is going to be shining for at least the next 4 billion years. And you want to quibble about the actual definition of perpetual motion?!!!! NOTHING (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) could be less important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You started this thread by claiming perpetual motion exists. There is a specific definition for that. Solar cells fail to meet that definition. You can wish that words meant what you want them to mean, but they still have their original meaning.

"Perpetual motion" means there is no energy introduced into the equation. Be pissy if you want. But that is exactly what it means.

And when you have the line "There are only two people who could make solar energy happen. Me, and the guy I will show a picture of. Deal with it." (and show a picture of Hitler), you really have no room to talk about the definition of perpetual motion being meaningless.

• Banned

m7rOVTK.jpg

from Dictionary.com:

You started this thread by claiming perpetual motion exists. There is a specific definition for that. Solar cells fail to meet that definition. You can wish that words meant what you want them to mean, but they still have their original meaning.

"Perpetual motion" means there is no energy introduced into the equation. Be pissy if you want. But that is exactly what it means.

You really want me to repeat myself? Fine, I have nothing better to do right now. Let's say YOU came up with a perpetual motion machine. Something that produces more energy than what goes into it. Basically, that is what solar panels do. Even if the energy does come from the sun. For all intents and purposes, you could call it perpetual motion. In so far as getting more energy out of the device than you put into it.

I of course know that there is no such thing, that is known, that could be called perpetual motion. After all, even the observable universe will disappear someday. And all the matter that makes it up will dissipate. But again, what I was getting at was getting more energy out of a device than you put into it. Do solar panels fit that bill or do they not.

• Banned
And when you have the line "There are only two people who could make solar energy happen. Me, and the guy I will show a picture of. Deal with it." (and show a picture of Hitler), you really have no room to talk about the definition of perpetual motion being meaningless.

If you weren't so brainwashed, (or possible jewish) you would know that Hitler was probably the greatest person who ever lived. Some people would make that claim about Jesus. But even he was nailed to a cross. You think somebody other than someone like Hitler could get it done? (Coincidentally, Germany has made great strides in that direction) You should read my thread, "Collusion against renewable energy."

m7rOVTK.jpg

from Dictionary.com:

You really want me to repeat myself? Fine, I have nothing better to do right now. Let's say YOU came up with a perpetual motion machine. Something that produces more energy than what goes into it. Basically, that is what solar panels do. Even if the energy does come from the sun. For all intents and purposes, you could call it perpetual motion. In so far as getting more energy out of the device than you put into it.

I of course know that there is no such thing, that is known, that could be called perpetual motion. After all, even the observable universe will disappear someday. And all the matter that makes it up will dissipate. But again, what I was getting at was getting more energy out of a device than you put into it. Do solar panels fit that bill or do they not.

You do not get more energy out of solar panels than you put into them. That is just false. They may be efficient, but you never even get out all the energy you put into them, to say nothing of getting more.

If you weren't so brainwashed, (or possible jewish) you would know that Hitler was probably the greatest person who ever lived. Some people would make that claim about Jesus. But even he was nailed to a cross. You think somebody other than someone like Hitler could get it done? (Coincidentally, Germany has made great strides in that direction) You should read my thread, "Collusion against renewable energy."

Hitler was a charismatic little man who hated everything that wasn't aryan. Yeah, the trains ran on time. But when you murder that many people, the word that comes to my mind is not "great". He was a paranoid little asshole spreading hatred.

How reliable is the sun. That is EXACTLY how reliable solar energy is. You are completely mistaken to believe otherwise. (Or do you just get money from the energy industry in some way) The same goes for any "stability problems."
The sun, of course, is reliable, but the way to get electricity from the sun is not reliable, because you are dependent on the weather and time of day. You can not make a forecast of electricity production and ensure a stable production of electricity.

If solar panels and their operating systems are expensive at all, it is because energy companies dictate the price.
If you use solar energy for residential you take solar panels, DC-AC inverter, batteries and controller, to power up to several tens of kilowatts, this is a good solution.But if we talk about of hundred megawatts then now all the solar energy will be huge costly, and the problem is not only in the panels.
And I think that people will use "green energy", gradually increasing their share in the energy sector as technical progress develops. The first big step will be after the invention of cheap batteries with a large energy density comparable to hydrocarbons.

Hitler was a charismatic little man who hated everything that wasn't aryan. Yeah, the trains ran on time. But when you murder that many people, the word that comes to my mind is not "great". He was a paranoid little asshole spreading hatred.

Are you a faggot, a jew, or a combination of both. If I didn't keep getting banned around this queerbait anti-free speech forum, I would make you eat those words. BELIEVE it cocksucker!!!

The sun, of course, is reliable, but the way to get electricity from the sun is not reliable, because you are dependent on the weather and time of day. You can not make a forecast of electricity production and ensure a stable production of electricity.

If solar panels and their operating systems are expensive at all, it is because energy companies dictate the price.
If you use solar energy for residential you take solar panels, DC-AC inverter, batteries and controller, to power up to several tens of kilowatts, this is a good solution.But if we talk about of hundred megawatts then now all the solar energy will be huge costly, and the problem is not only in the panels.
And I think that people will use "green energy", gradually increasing their share in the energy sector as technical progress develops. The first big step will be after the invention of cheap batteries with a large energy density comparable to hydrocarbons.

Apparently you didn't read my thread, "Collusion against renewable energy." Solar panels take a certain amount of energy to create. They pay back that energy in 1 to 4 years. The lifespan of solar panels is 20 to 25 years. You do the math. Also, some areas are cloudy and other areas have sunlight during the day.

Even on cloudy days, solar panels will produce electricity. So some power distribution network would probably be necessary. Along with batteries and capacitors for home storage.

All of you people who talk about cost keep missing one main point. Human caused global warming is going to end up coating this planet far more than money can fix. In fact, nothing will be able to fix it.

You must be a conservative because you just pulled shit out of your ass. One of the laws of physics says that the above is impossible.

Maybe before you go spouting off your ignorance even more, you should actually try reading my thread.

Are you a faggot, a jew, or a combination of both. If I didn't keep getting banned around this queerbait anti-free speech forum, I would make you eat those words. BELIEVE it cocksucker!!!

Junior, you only wish you could make me eat anything. Spare me the indignation. I don't give a rat's ass.

You must be a conservative because you just pulled shit out of your ass. One of the laws of physics says that the above is impossible.

Maybe before you go spouting off your ignorance even more, you should actually try reading my thread.

See what happens when you use the words "perpetual motion machine"? People think you are talking about a perpetual motion machine. Obviously you weren't. But feel free to try and make me eat those words too. ;)

Forum List

Back