Permit to kill Bald Eagles raises questions!

1) I don't believe in the Mormon faith and could care less what underwear they do in private since they aren't killing a Federal animal wearing underwear no matter what color, size, etc.

2) The Christian baptism ceremony doesn't harm animals either, unless YOU are held under the water and not brought back up....which would be good for mankind.

3) Killing Eagles for a ceremony that already takes place with other Eagle feathers is nothing but a political stunt by Obamination for votes and some wannabe manly act by a few indians.

I hope they have to do it with just a knife and see what happens to them, also it needs to be filmed and shown the entire nation so everyone will revolt against them and Obamination. The same idiots that hate hunting deer with a rifle are suppoting this shit, insane.

Liberals will throw their beliefs (save the animals) out the window when they think they can win over a minority group with a decision like this. Obamination wants to dominate the Native American vote that is in Red States.

He will remind them that he upheld their backwards religious ceremonies when it comes for them to vote.

Why are their backward religious beliefs any less important than the belief you can baptize a dead person or wear magic underpants?

Probably no political gain in this decision, it was just that this is a first amendment issue.

Now, keep in mind, they limited them to TWO Eagles, they didn't say that they can go hunting eagles willy-nilly.

There are also treaty issues involved as well.

Since I realize that they probably didn't teach you about ecology and habitats in Home Skule, you'd realize destroying the environment kills off entire species. Not so much hunting individuals.

What environment is destroyed? How much in terms of acres?

And which animals have been impacted and how?

I realize you have nothing. I suggest you look and see if you can save yourself from being considered stupid beyond redemption, because that's where you sit right now.

Oh, please snookums, Shale Oil production is fantastically harmful to the environment...

I realize they probably didn't teach you bout "Google" at home skule, either..

Environmental impact of the oil shale industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You laugh about using google, then trot out wiki?

Seriously?

:lol::lol:

I'm still waiting for evidence that you know specifically what animals are endangered by shale oil production, and evidence of that threat. Don't give me a link to wiki, I dont' bother with them...you do realize wiki isn't considered an acceptable source by teachers or professors, right? I mean, given your scorn for home schooling, I figured you'd know that...

1) As someone that grew up in the west and hunted and fished growing up, I'm far from some anti-hunting liberal. I know hunting compared to just killing and this is just killing an animal for some macho manhood thing.

2) Killing an Eagle for feathers when they already get feathers from dead birds, is a waste of life. Killing an Eagle is not the same as culling the deer population with bullets.

3) This is just an example of Obamination again supporting a fringe minority group over the majority all in the name of political support. I'm sure the "Get out the Vote" in the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado around reservations will "highlight" Obamination being so caring about old indian traditions.

4) Democrats wouldn't support some Christian doing something like this over religion, that should close this right there.

This thread just spotlights the fact that left wing whackos care more about animals than people, are bigoted against minorities, and wish to exert governmental control over religion.

Eagles are animals. They are no longer endangered. This is an example of Indian tribes being allowed to embrace their traditions once again, after being forced to set them aside in the hopes of "assimilation".

You're excepted, and you are right about Obama.

But the outrage primarily emanates from the left wing whackos.

I was raised by hunters in a hunting culture as well...I am also raising three Indian children (2 are mine). I have no problem with this, it's not indicative of a big movement to slaughter eagles or anything. They need the feathers for regalia and ceremony, let them get them. It's not that big a deal.

Getting feathers from a live Eagle "they kill" when they already get Eagle feathers from a Dept of Interior supply is like libs pushing for fetus stem cells to support abortion when they already get adult stem cells to do the job.

I'm not shocked Democrats support killing Eagles for votes, because they also support killing unborn humans for votes too. Democrats like their fellow left-wingers from the past (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) don't value life.....

I'd say to these indians that they are dishonoring nature by taking the life of an Eagle that did no harm to them and doesn't sustain their people like the bison, elk and deer for food. It is an act of manliness nothing more and nothing less.

I was raised by hunters in a hunting culture as well...I am also raising three Indian children (2 are mine). I have no problem with this, it's not indicative of a big movement to slaughter eagles or anything. They need the feathers for regalia and ceremony, let them get them. It's not that big a deal.

Getting feathers from a live Eagle "they kill" when they already get Eagle feathers from a Dept of Interior supply is like libs pushing for fetus stem cells to support abortion when they already get adult stem cells to do the job.

I'm not shocked Democrats support killing Eagles for votes, because they also support killing unborn humans for votes too. Democrats like their fellow left-wingers from the past (Hitler, Stalin, Mao) don't value life.....

I'd say to these indians that they are dishonoring nature by taking the life of an Eagle that did no harm to them and doesn't sustain their people like the bison, elk and deer for food. It is an act of manliness nothing more and nothing less.

They aren't honoring "nature" in doing this, that's not the point.

Also, it's very important that certain rituals and observances be made when the feathers are taken. The dept of the interior provides them with feathers taken from dead eagles...that is completely out of whack with all the traditions around eagle feathers.

Eagle feathers aren't supposed to touch the ground...in the eagle dance, if a feather falls, the dancers don't pick it up..an elder who is designated ahead of time has that responsibility, and the dancer provides him a gift in return.

The whole thing from beginning to end is sacred and ceremonial. It's not just about a feather.

My oldest boy, who isn't that well versed in culture, knows proper handling of eagle feathers. This is important to them.

So, what is the problem here?

Bald eagles aren't endangered, they are not even threatened.

This is a religious practice. It's a killing a wild animal, like any hunting.

Folks have issues with the First Amendment?

how so?

just cause its our national animal? If Ben had his way and made the turkey our national animal, I would eat that bird anyways despite any claims anyone would make. Cause that bird is delicious.

I dont have a problem with them having some ritual that makes them use bald eagles. It doesnt sound like their ritual requires them to eliminate them as a species, it doesnt sound like they are taking them as communion or any other requirement that would make them consume them or use them on a mass level.

Let them have their ritual, unless you have a reason why its dangerous cause your article doesnt seem to think so.

Killing a animal just for the purpose of a ritual is wrong. It shows how ignorant they are.

You are an inconsiderate idiot.

Yes, they do...this is what I've been saying for some time.

Regarding buzzard/eagle and mani's dumbass comment, the reason I say that is that is what I was taught by a Stanford biology major...he always said that the eagle in the US was the same thing as a buzzard in Europe, and that we called vultures buzzards because somebody, way back, misidentified vultures as buzzards (i.e., the eagle's European counterparts).

It doesn't matter. They eat carrion, a lot of it. They will fight over it, and steal it from each other and other birds. They also will eat road kill and dead livestock.

Yes, they do...this is what I've been saying for some time.

Regarding buzzard/eagle and mani's dumbass comment, the reason I say that is that is what I was taught by a Stanford biology major...he always said that the eagle in the US was the same thing as a buzzard in Europe, and that we called vultures buzzards because somebody, way back, misidentified vultures as buzzards (i.e., the eagle's European counterparts).

It doesn't matter. They eat carrion, a lot of it. They will fight over it, and steal it from each other and other birds. They also will eat road kill and dead livestock.

Obvious backpedal fail is obvious. :thup:

Killing a animal just for the purpose of a ritual is wrong. It shows how ignorant they are.

Alot of religions have animal sacrifice rituals. What do you know of their rituals?

Millions of hunting licenses are issued each year. How many of those people kill animals for no other reason than to hang it on their wall?

Forum List

Back