Permit to kill Bald Eagles raises questions!

As far as the Slovenly nature of Bald Eagles.... It is what it is. I took an Alaskan Cruise and they are like crows up there.... whenever we were at a port of call, they infested the fishing docks looking for scraps.

I remember when we first arrived on the ship... I looked out and said... LOOK! A Bald Eagle!!!!.... 3 days later it was like... meh.... a bald eagle.

However, I digress.... Any animal will take easy to get food. Bears will knock over garbage cans(and raccoons, etc)... So man has an influence on the behavior of animals....

For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself... Wild Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but a good choice for Red State Bird

"I'm not anti-American, I just hate American symbols and everything they stand for"

Lazy is not a word I'd attribute to eagles. As occasional scavengers of meat and hunters, they're anything but.

I'll go with Ben Franklin's assessment over yours, thank you.

g'nite Fair Maiden
D

You do that. I've seen both turkeys and eagles in action...

True eagles will eat carrion...but in flight, hunting and fishing, there's nothing in the world like them.

Turkeys don't hunt and so don't have that little edge that the eagle does. If we're to have a national bird, I prefer we have one that will go into the fray.

Check out this golden eagle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZFLuZqCXc]Golden Eagle Attacks A Boy - YouTube[/ame]

And this one killing a snake (awesome)

Eagle Vs Snake Fight 2 - YouTube

Bald eagle fishing..and this alone makes this a worthy national symbol, I think:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hecXupPpE9o]Bald Eagle catches salmon - YouTube[/ame]

ScienceDaily (June 28, 2007) — Secretary of the Interior Dirk Kempthorne announced the removal of the bald eagle for the list of threatened and endangered species at a ceremony June 28 at the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C. After nearly disappearing from most of the United States decades ago, the bald eagle is now flourishing across the nation and no longer needs the protection of the Endangered Species Act.

Liberals will throw their beliefs (save the animals) out the window when they think they can win over a minority group with a decision like this. Obamination wants to dominate the Native American vote that is in Red States.

He will remind them that he upheld their backwards religious ceremonies when it comes for them to vote.

Liberals will throw their beliefs (save the animals) out the window when they think they can win over a minority group with a decision like this. Obamination wants to dominate the Native American vote that is in Red States.

He will remind them that he upheld their backwards religious ceremonies when it comes for them to vote.

Way to win political allies! :doubt:

Yes, believing in the power of Eagle feathers is so intelligent.

I'm sure you'd be for some rogue Christian group bathing in Eagle blood, it would be on the front page of the NYTimes making fun of those "nuts."

The disgusting part of this story is that they already get Eagle feathers from birds that die from accidents or natural causes, so this is nothing but killing birds for the "manhood" of those chosen to do the dirty deed.

Way to win political allies! :doubt:

I want to know what animals are killed in the production of shale oil.

Since I realize that they probably didn't teach you about ecology and habitats in Home Skule, you'd realize destroying the environment kills off entire species. Not so much hunting individuals.

What environment is destroyed? How much in terms of acres?

And which animals have been impacted and how?

I realize you have nothing. I suggest you look and see if you can save yourself from being considered stupid beyond redemption, because that's where you sit right now.

Since I realize that they probably didn't teach you about ecology and habitats in Home Skule, you'd realize destroying the environment kills off entire species. Not so much hunting individuals.

I realize you have nothing. I suggest you look and see if you can save yourself from being considered stupid beyond redemption, because that's where you sit right now.

he's a warmer.

the fact that animals went extinct before we started using fire is meaning less. Everything we do kills everything else.

the fact that we live 30+ years longer than we are supposed to is just, just, our bad luck!!

Why are their backward religious beliefs any less important than the belief you can baptize a dead person or wear magic underpants?

Probably no political gain in this decision, it was just that this is a first amendment issue.

Now, keep in mind, they limited them to TWO Eagles, they didn't say that they can go hunting eagles willy-nilly.

There are also treaty issues involved as well.

This thread just spotlights the fact that left wing whackos care more about animals than people, are bigoted against minorities, and wish to exert governmental control over religion.

Eagles are animals. They are no longer endangered. This is an example of Indian tribes being allowed to embrace their traditions once again, after being forced to set them aside in the hopes of "assimilation".

Oh, please snookums, Shale Oil production is fantastically harmful to the environment...

I realize they probably didn't teach you bout "Google" at home skule, either..

Environmental impact of the oil shale industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This thread just spotlights the fact that left wing whackos care more about animals than people, are bigoted against minorities, and wish to exert governmental control over religion.

Eagles are animals. They are no longer endangered. This is an example of Indian tribes being allowed to embrace their traditions once again, after being forced to set them aside in the hopes of "assimilation".

Actually, the Bald Eagle was a case where the kind of "Big Gummit" you fear is making Jesus cry actually worked.

Environmental impact of the oil shale industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is estimated that in the early 18th century, the Bald Eagle population was 300,000–500,000,[39] but by the 1950s there were only 412 nesting pairs in the 48 contiguous states of the US. Other factors in Bald Eagle population reductions were a widespread loss of suitable habitat, as well as both legal and illegal shooting. In 1930 a New York City ornithologist wrote that in the state of Alaska in the last 12 years approximately 70,000 Bald Eagles had been shot. Many of the hunters killed the Bald Eagles under the long held mistaken beliefs that Bald Eagles grabbed young lambs and even children with their talons.[40] Later illegal shooting was described as "the leading cause of direct mortality in both adult and immature bald eagles," according to a 1978 report in the Endangered Species Technical Bulletin. In 1984, the National Wildlife Federation listed hunting, power-line electrocution, and collisions in flight as the leading causes of eagle deaths. Bald Eagle populations have also been negatively affected by oil, lead, and mercury pollution, and by human and predator intrusion.[41]

Snip...

With regulations in place and DDT banned, the eagle population rebounded. The Bald Eagle can be found in growing concentrations throughout the United States and Canada, particularly near large bodies of water. In the early 1980s, the estimated total population was 100,000 individuals, with 110,000–115,000 by 1992;[2] the U.S. state with the largest resident population is Alaska, with about 40,000–50,000, with the next highest population the Canadian province of British Columbia with 20,000–30,000 in 1992

Forum List

Back