Permission Slip To Smoke Tobacco Products In Oregon

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
I don't smoke but I don't want any prohibition of your right to. I don't care how anyone wants to die. It should be their choice and not the governments.

This nutter in Portland, Oregon doesn't agree with me. He is probably in favor of legalizing pot, though. :badgrin: Upside down world.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

NANNY-STATE WATCH!!

From Oregon Catalyst, Oregon Taxpayers Assoc.

No one works harder at advancing Nanny State bills than State Representative Mitch Greenlick. His common theme is to have Oregonians surrender personal liberty and responsibility in exchange for intrusive government bureaucracy and new criminal laws...

Greenlick wants adults to require doctor’s permission to obtain tobacco by making it a controlled substance (HB 2077). Imagine how long the lines at the local pharmacy will be and how long seniors will have to wait in these lines to get their life preserving medicine because Greenlick’s law will explode prescription requirements and turn our pharmacies into something like an old-style Russian bread line. Then of course he wants to tax tobacco with additional higher taxes (HB 2275) so as to punish any doctor who dares write a permission slip.

Libertarian Republican

I don't smoke but I don't want any prohibition of your right to. I don't care how anyone wants to die. It should be their choice and not the governments.

This nutter in Portland, Oregon doesn't agree with me. He is probably in favor of legalizing pot, though. :badgrin: Upside down world.

NANNY-STATE WATCH!!

No one works harder at advancing Nanny State bills than State Representative Mitch Greenlick. His common theme is to have Oregonians surrender personal liberty and responsibility in exchange for intrusive government bureaucracy and new criminal laws...

Greenlick wants adults to require doctor’s permission to obtain tobacco by making it a controlled substance (HB 2077). Imagine how long the lines at the local pharmacy will be and how long seniors will have to wait in these lines to get their life preserving medicine because Greenlick’s law will explode prescription requirements and turn our pharmacies into something like an old-style Russian bread line. Then of course he wants to tax tobacco with additional higher taxes (HB 2275) so as to punish any doctor who dares write a permission slip.

Libertarian Republican

I agree, it doesnt get any more hypocritcal than the states that have passed unreal restrictive and in some cases banning cigarette smoke then turn around and vote to legalize weed...upside down is the mildest term I would use to describe these phonies

NANNY-STATE WATCH!!

Libertarian Republican

I'll debate just for a conversation. Nice Avatar btw.

Is there anything unconstitutional about this Republicans should be complaining about? If it is illegal there so be it. People can move or vote.

Personally I think this is one step too far... You know, there are a lot of cigarette butts along the street in front of my house and I see these folks throw em out their windows all the time so now I think "good for Oregon".

I can just see doctors already planning where they will open the medical tobacco clinics.

Forum List

Back