Permanent War?: Has The Military Industrial Complex Finally Achieved Its Goal?

Permanent War?: Has The Military Industrial Complex Finally Achieved Its Goal?

• Total voters
I'm not even sure how Americans would cope with real Peace. They've only known War. It would be so alien to them. I mean imagine living in a time not bombing & killing anyone? Hard to imagine that huh?

Yeah... Imagine Lockheed Martin and all the rest of the suppliers of death sitting on their thumbs wondering what to do next.

I'm not even sure how Americans would cope with real Peace. They've only known War. It would be so alien to them. I mean imagine living in a time not bombing & killing anyone? Hard to imagine that huh?

It's easy if you try, huh? :wink_2:

I try but i have to admit it's not so easy. War is all i've ever known too. I'm just an average American.

As usual, libs and losertarians get together to invent things about the US military. In your little minds, if the US military packed up and came home today then all the world's problems would just go away.

The Arabs would quit trying to push the Jews out of their acient homeland, China would quit bothering their neighbors, Russia would quit bothering Europe, Iran would quit building nukes and threatening the Jews (and us), Chavez would quit buying weapons and wearing 1980s jogging suits, Argentina would quit trying to take back the Falkland Islands, black people would quit killing other black people in Africa, the Turks and Greeks would get along and agree on food, etc, etc, etc....

Last edited:
If you are going to use a declaration of war as the measuring stick then yes you would be correct. If you are going to include all the times we go throttle the hell out of someone then you will have to add a whole lot to that list. I have broken it down once already:

Here is the link you presented in that thread: United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you look at the "total dead and wounded" column, you will see that the wars I listed (which were all declared wars except the Civil War) all had much higher casualty totals than the minor undeclared conflicts that came between them. There's a reason for this: without a Congressional declaration of war, the government is severely limited in the resources it can commit to a conflict. Congress holds the purse strings.

However, if you include all the minor dustups, you see the same pattern in which we are engaged in war much more often since the end of WWII than before it, since we became a superpower than before that.

With Obama being a war President and loving it and Newt in first at this point for Republicans, yes I'd say we are looking at many more years of war. Presidents that never served love the shit out of war.

The idea is we''re entering the Post-History period- no more major wars...much better chance of that with Dems- have tened to follow election. A lot of small and covert wars are not included in your major war list, and mostly under pubs. Phillipines, Haiti, Iran, Honduras, Chile, El Salvador.

With Obama being a war President and loving it and Newt in first at this point for Republicans, yes I'd say we are looking at many more years of war. Presidents that never served love the shit out of war.

Of course we are. It's really the only significant reason why the establishment tries as hard as it can to keep Paul from gaining any notoriety. Less war is the one thing he can come right into office and accomplish on day one without having to clear congress.

As usual, libs and losertarians get together to invent things about the US military. In your little minds, if the US military packed up and came home today then all the world's problems would just go away.

The Arabs would quit trying to push the Jews out of their acient homeland, China would quit bothering their neighbors, Russia would quit bothering Europe, Iran would quit building nukes and threatening the Jews (and us), Chavez would quit buying weapons and wearing 1980s jogging suits, Argentina would quit trying to take back the Falkland Islands, black people would quit killing other black people in Africa, the Turks and Greeks would get along and agree on food, etc, etc, etc....

Hey...leave it to a warhawk "Conservative" to think that the idea of "minding one's own business" is a bad idea.

If you are going to use a declaration of war as the measuring stick then yes you would be correct. If you are going to include all the times we go throttle the hell out of someone then you will have to add a whole lot to that list. I have broken it down once already:

Here is the link you presented in that thread: United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you look at the "total dead and wounded" column, you will see that the wars I listed (which were all declared wars except the Civil War) all had much higher casualty totals than the minor undeclared conflicts that came between them. There's a reason for this: without a Congressional declaration of war, the government is severely limited in the resources it can commit to a conflict. Congress holds the purse strings.

However, if you include all the minor dustups, you see the same pattern in which we are engaged in war much more often since the end of WWII than before it, since we became a superpower than before that.

Oh I don't disagree that we have been in an almost constant state of "war" (or at least significant conflict) since WWII with only very short exceptions. I was responding to your statement (refuting mine) that we have not been in an almost constant state of war.

I concede that if you only include official wars where war was declared it looks like we haven't been, but when you include all the armed conflicts we have been engaged in where an official declaration of war was ignored....yeah I would be surprised to see you argue, Dragon, that we're not constantly mixing it up with someone, official declaration of war or not.

I mean...certainly you are not suggesting that over 100 years of conflict with the Native Americans is a "minor dustup" are you?

Last edited:

Of course we are. It's really the only significant reason why the establishment tries as hard as it can to keep Paul from gaining any notoriety. Less war is the one thing he can come right into office and accomplish on day one without having to clear congress.

Yea i can't see the Military Industrial Complex ever allowing a man like Ron Paul to be President. He just scares them too much. And they're just too powerful.

Steelplateinhead....the last few times we ignored problems overseas, we got WWI and WWII.

Care to explain how many people died from those wars, idiot?

Hey...leave it to a warhawk "Conservative" to think that the idea of "minding one's own business" is a bad idea.

Steelplateinhead....the last few times we ignored problems overseas, we got WWI and WWII.

Yeah.... that was before we could blow up the fuckin' world at the push of a button, wasn't it? Maybe the "strong silent type" is what we need instead of the old standby... the nervous saber rattler.

And many are forgetting about the War on American Rights. Since 911,the Government has taken so much of our freedom & liberty away. So all these Wars have had a terrible impact on all of us here at home. We're all paying a very heavy price for the 'War on Terror.' So all these interventions do impact us here at home. I think many don't realize that.

BS. Obviously, except to brainwashed dittoheads, Obama is trying to get us out of Bush's messes. And helping knock off some dictators...Obanahhhhh.

BS. Obviously, except to brainwashed dittoheads, Obama is trying to get us out of Bush's messes. And helping knock off some dictators...Obanahhhhh.

Do you ever tire of running all over these boards screaming "OBAMA AKBAR! OBAMA AKBAR!" Just wondering.

Like I said, idiots like you cause millions of people to be killed with your standing by and watching strategy.

Russia, North Korea, China and Iran support your stupidity.

Saddam if alive would love your support too.:eusa_boohoo:

Yeah.... that was before we could blow up the fuckin' world at the push of a button, wasn't it? Maybe the "strong silent type" is what we need instead of the old standby... the nervous saber rattler.

Like I said, idiots like you cause millions of people to be killed with your standing by and watching strategy.

Russia, North Korea, China and Iran support your stupidity.

Saddam if alive would love your support too.:eusa_boohoo:

Shut up you douchebag... you are making a fool of yourself.

Do you ever tire of running all over these boards screaming "OBAMA AKBAR! OBAMA AKBAR!" Just wondering.

Fortunately, I have facts on my side, while you mouth BS propaganda, always against Obama. Is he too weak or too strong. or BOTH, on this, dittohead?

Fortunately, I have facts on my side, while you mouth BS propaganda, always against Obama. Is he too weak or too strong. or BOTH, on this, dittohead?

I am not always against Obama. I praised him when Bin Laden got popped, I agree with him repealing DADT, I praised him for refusing to shut down Guantanamo...I just disagree with pretty much everything else he's done and he's been completely ineffective economically and THAT'S a fact.

Forum List

Back