Perhaps trying to rush legislation isn't a good idea..($289B Error)

For the people with at least 2 working brain cells, this error is going to obviously force a change and potentially a revote. That would give more time for review and analysis to come out which we know Republicans don't want to face. Seems like a pretty costly mistake politically.

It wont force anything of the sort, because both chambers are still hashing out the final bill that has to pass both chambers anyway as a complete bill.

Do you have even a basic understanding of how our legislative process works?

None at all. Explain it to me.

We've seen the first part, each chamber passes it own version of the tax changes. they then appoint people to create a "joint" bill that is then sent back to both houses for vote again.

The way it works the "joint" bill can have new stuff in it, or changes, or stuff removed, it doesn't matter because everyone has to vote on it again.
429 pages of codification on one bill. Good, bad, or no effect, it will be years of court battle to figure out what such a complicated bill actually means on the street. 429 pages and who knows how many lines of tax code in a single package. You change one word in a sentance and it can completely change the meaning of the sentence. You can change one word in all of those lines of tax code and it can completely change it's meaning. The fucks voting on it can not completelyt understand it yet. Why the hell do we allow this to be so complicated. There has got to be a way to simplify the process and create shorter bills that do not take years of court battles to farret out the true intention.

For the people with at least 2 working brain cells, this error is going to obviously force a change and potentially a revote. That would give more time for review and analysis to come out which we know Republicans don't want to face. Seems like a pretty costly mistake politically.

It wont force anything of the sort, because both chambers are still hashing out the final bill that has to pass both chambers anyway as a complete bill.

We've seen the first part, each chamber passes it own version of the tax changes. they then appoint people to create a "joint" bill that is then sent back to both houses for vote again.

The way it works the "joint" bill can have new stuff in it, or changes, or stuff removed, it doesn't matter because everyone has to vote on it again.
429 pages of codification on one bill. Good, bad, or no effect, it will be years of court battle to figure out what such a complicated bill actually means on the street. 429 pages and who knows how many lines of tax code in a single package. You change one word in a sentance and it can completely change the meaning of the sentence. You can change one word in all of those lines of tax code and it can completely change it's meaning. The fucks voting on it can not completelyt understand it yet. Why the hell do we allow this to be so complicated. There has got to be a way to simplify the process and create shorter bills that do not take years of court battles to farret out the true intention.

Allowing a line item veto would do it, as each part would have to be constructed to rest on itself.

When you write a bad bill there are bound to be mistakes. it benefits them and the billionaires that support them with campaign money, so it will pass. only hope is that in the end it will only be half as bad as it is now.

Allowing a line item veto would do it, as each part would have to be constructed to rest on itself.
We need to do something and in a hurry. Allowing our laws to be created in such a way that there are thousands and thousands of lines of minutia to sort through, to deem it's intent is ridiculous. It would take weeks to sort through the bill and get a cursory understanding of it. I think this makes it pretty difficult to pick our reps when the effects of what they are proposing are so convoluted. I do not have the time to spend and most voters also do not have the time. No wonder we have issues believing politician’s and have all of this partisanship when all of our laws are so convoluted it takes five attorneys to understand it. How the hell as a voter are we supposed to make educated decisions under these circumstances?

Is it Jordan Weissman the video game designer? Weissman has been a consistent Trump attacker since day one. Is the alleged 289b (less than the bribe Hussein paid to Iran) money that the federal government doesn't get or is it less than corporations get? The op-ed is so intentionally confusing that the only thing you can get out of it is a last ditch effort by whiny angry lefties to discredit the administration.

Is it Jordan Weissman the video game designer? Weissman has been a consistent Trump attacker since day one. Is the alleged 289b (less than the bribe Hussein paid to Iran) money that the federal government doesn't get or is it less than corporations get? The op-ed is so intentionally confusing that the only thing you can get out of it is a last ditch effort by whiny angry lefties to discredit the administration.

It's fake news, it attacks trump, bla,bla,bla. The op-ed is so confusing? What the fuck is confusing about it. Rushed bill has mistakes. Nothing confusing. Whether you are a republican or a democrat when you propose a bill, the less time you spend on it the more likely a mistake is made. It is just common sense. I know this, I do not put my stamp on a new bridge until I am damn sure that it will behave as designed, no one or anything can make me rush the design of my bridge and I am not sure our elected reps are performing the same due diligence. We need to hold our reps to a higher standard than we currently do, no matter what political party they belong too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back