Perhaps the saddest day of my life; in the past couple years anyway.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I'm pretty upset...going to be a HEAVY drinkin' night...

I sold the Miata today...

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/93miata/mx5bye.wmv

I simply 'had' to sell it...but it hurts - in that car I learned a couple things:

1) It's possible for two adults to 'do-it' in a miata
2) I learned to be faster by driving better, not by having more HP

Any of y'all develop nearly creepy attachments to cars? Anyone esle become such a big puss when they sell said cars? :(

-=d=- said:

I simply 'had' to sell it...but it hurts - in that car I learned a couple things:

Any of y'all develop nearly creepy attachments to cars? Anyone esle become such a big puss when they sell said cars? :(

I STILL wish I could have afforded to keep my 1969 datsun 2000

-=d=- said:

I didn't 'sell' my car, my parents took it away. :cry: I got it for my 16th birthday then proceeded to skip school, a lot. 1969 Mustang Mach 351. Very cool and waaaayyyy too much car for a 16 year old. Got into my first accident the day I got it.

I still have a hankering for a Mustang, but now I want a convertible. Makes sense in Chicago. :eek:

-=d=- said:

I hope you left that detail out when describing the car to the new owner. :ssex:

My first car was a 1979 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup, with a 350 V8 and a huge chrome Chevy bowtie. Somewhere along the way (I'm blaming my sister, since she was driving it at the time) the steering differential fell off the frame and the wheel froze. It would have cost me over $1000 to fix it, so I donated it to a local tech institute. I shed a couple of tears the night before I had to get rid of it.

I've never had another car I was emotionally attached to.

-=d=- said:

My condolences to you Darin. I had the same feeling whn I parted with my mustang, but it was getting too expensive to keep repairing. :(

Bonnie said:
My condolences to you Darin. I had the same feeling whn I parted with my mustang, but it was getting too expensive to keep repairing. :(

Bonnie, we are scary! :beer:

Kathianne said:
OMG, we drove Johnney to the drink! :laugh:
shit i wish. i dontneed any booze with how i feel...lol
but i think i would prefer it to the drugs. those things suck

Johnney said:
shit i wish. i dontneed any booze with how i feel...lol
but i think i would prefer it to the drugs. those things suck

Stay clear of the drugs, booze too. You are nutty enough, strait! :shocked: j/k!

Kathianne said:
Stay clear of the drugs, booze too. You are nutty enough, strait! :shocked: j/k!
oh hell i know that one...lol
im not into mixing my pharmicuticles(SP? i know i butchered that one...lol) anymore. besides, i dont really drink anymore anyway. bodys getting too old and tells me about retarded thing i did the night before... :baby4:

Sir Evil said:
Just had to do away with my luxurious Infiniti QX4! had me some heated seats, climate control air, leather interior, awesome sounds system, and everything power including the sunroof. I now have me a cute little Mazda Protege5, nice but not quite the autmobile I had. :(
dude that has to blow!

Sir Evil said:
Just had to do away with my luxurious Infiniti QX4! had me some heated seats, climate control air, leather interior, awesome sounds system, and everything power including the sunroof. I now have me a cute little Mazda Protege5, nice but not quite the autmobile I had. :(

I remember the 'rotary engine'. Mazda's are cool.

-=d=- said:

Be grateful. I cant even drive a Miata. I tried to sit in my frirends Miata and i cant fit in the drivers seat. its a beautiful car. I dont know many that can go through the City so fast.

New Topics

Forum List

Back