Perhaps Something For the Left To Consider?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://charliefoxtrotblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/good-war-newsfrom-atlanta.html

25 October 2007
Good War News....from Atlanta

I recently refreshed my Milblogroll (right side), as many of my regular reads had rotted home from their respective wartime locations. One of the blogs I found was 'Bill and Bob's Excellent Afghan Adventure'.

Today Bob posts some good news from the war that he experienced himself firsthand....at the airport in Atlanta.

"...I wasn't prepared for what happened today.

As my flight from Cincinnati to Atlanta was beginning its descent, the flight attendant began her normal spiel about landing and gates, and assistance finding your connecting flights and so on. Then she announced that I was on board and on my way back to Afghanistan after spending two weeks with my family.

The plane erupted into applause. I was stunned."
But it doesn't stop there....

"They formed us into a line upstairs at the USO, probably 200 or more of us, and took us downstairs in two long lines. Soldiers and Marines paired two by two in a long line snaked through the airport towards the Army Personnel Command desk to do our formalities. As we wove through the airport, the throngs of travelers began to applaud.

I wasn't prepared for that, either. Again, I struggled not to lose it. It was like cracking the seal on a warm, freshly shaken coke. All the bubbles rush towards the cap, bringing the contents of the bottle along. That's what it felt like. I managed to keep all my fluids contained; but it was another close call. "
While these stories are not unique, I believe that is a great demonstration that the public opinion battle over the war is not lost as some might want to claim. I am sure that not all of those applauding support the war in Iraq, and maybe not even the War on Terror, but were merely showing their respect.

But if the public opinion had truly been lost, I don't think we would see such public displays of support, even if the military is highly respected.

Success can breed further success. Staying the course with our current strategy can continue to bring good news, even if it isn't reported widely. If that continues, the next good news story from the war will be the news from home.....

Posted by Charlie Foxtrot at 9:44 PM

Great post babe!

Restores some of my faith in the people doing the RIGHT THING !:) :eusa_angel:

So I'm a male chauvinist pig....and you're a babe.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your politics reminds me of my wife.....:eusa_angel:

So I'm a male chauvinist pig....and you're a babe.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your politics reminds me of my wife.....:eusa_angel:

I'll not take offense at 'babe', since poster's wife also referred to such, complimentary. :)

I want the US to win, not maintain, it's the reason we have so many dead and healing.

consider this

YouTube - Dr. Rice is Reminded of the Blood on Her HandsDr. Rice is Reminded of the Blood on Her Hands .... Would you like to comment? Join YouTube for a free account, or log in if you are already a member. ...
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSgXWAfH9ec[/ame] - 129k

Then she announced that I was on board and on my way back to Afghanistan after spending two weeks with my family.

The plane erupted into applause. I was stunned."

When has anybody in the mainstream democratic party, been against pursuing and killing terrorists in afghanistan?

So, if the word "Afghanistan" had not been used, but only "Iraq," liberals would <i>not</i> have applauded these men, but would have stood by in stony silence?

So, if the word "Afghanistan" had not been used, but only "Iraq," liberals would <i>not</i> have applauded these men, but would have stood by in stony silence?

Since when does anyone on the left have an issue with the troops themselves? It's the people who are ill-using them who are the problem. So I think it's kind of a non-issue, particularly the way the thread title is phrased.

FWIW, I have a friend in Tal Afar right now. I'd hope he'd be treated the same way....although I'd prefer he were elsewhere, obviously.

Doug, you need to take an oath, "I will stop assuming, I will think next time, I will stop assuming."

Okay, I don't get it. Why does the left need to consider this? I mean....really. This has very little to do with political persuasion. Are you really trying to make patriotism a partisan issue?

Okay, I don't get it. Why does the left need to consider this? I mean....really. This has very little to do with political persuasion. Are you really trying to make patriotism a partisan issue?

Why did you dig up a 2 year old post?

The people never hated the troops.

None of us did.

why is it hard to understand that for some?

I've got the uniform with the spit stains left Over from the Viet Nam era...

And Blood on the hands is nothing. The leftists that forced us to abandon a done deal over a battle that essentially ended the VC as a coherent fighting force in IV corps area and destroyed the NVA to the extent that it was over a year and a crap load of Soviet dollars before they managed to launch another major offensive, have the blood of millions of South east Asians all the way up to their arm pits.

Forum List

Back