Perhaps Our Children...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I am willing to bet anyone $1 (US Currency) that if we, as a species, make it - meaning survive - it will be because a large collection of people, most likely segregated by geography, finally figure out that they're standing on an asset, and they can learn to play nice and share.

:beer: First large group of people to figure out how to share the natural resources of a given chunk of Planet Earth wins!!!* :woohoo:

*Not valid when redemption accompanied by nuclear war, etc. :eusa_naughty:

The bigger the group you can manage to get along with, the bigger the chunk of dirt and resources 'your people' share and the better your odds of placing in the top 10%!**

** Brothers Keeperage attitude gets bonus points!! (He who dies with the most toys, still dies...)

I'm looking forward to the day when more people realize that an economy this large, creative and interdependent can only be managed, at least in the style that we've become accustomed to living in, by sharing the resources entrusted to us by our children, using some combination of public projects and free, entrepreneurial use of the resulting engineering to pursue happiness.

Perhaps that will coincide with the generation that allows their brothers and sisters to each pursue their own brand of 'happiness'.

Perhaps our children will reach the stars in spite of us.

-Joe

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...o-you-feel-about-jury-duty-3.html#post1206681

Last edited:
:beer: First large group of people to figure out how to share the natural resources of a given chunk of Planet Earth wins!!!* :woohoo:

Seeing that everyone who lives in Alaska apparently owns all of the natural resources of Alaska and then rents the rights to exploit those resources to oil companies, then I think that is the group you are talking about.

I WIN!

I will accept $1 US Currency or 28 USMB Rep Points.

In the event that neither of these reimbursements are possible (bummer dude), I ask that you share some of your popcorn.

I am willing to bet anyone $1 (US Currency) that if we, as a species, make it - meaning survive - it will be because a large collection of people, most likely segregated by geography, finally figure out that they're standing on an asset, and they can learn to play nice and share.

The bigger the group you can manage to get along with, the bigger the chunk of dirt and resources 'your people' share and the better your odds of placing in the top 10%!**

** Brothers Keeperage attitude gets bonus points!! (He who dies with the most toys, still dies...)

I'm looking forward to the day when more people realize that an economy this large, creative and interdependent can only be managed, at least in the style that we've become accustomed to living in, by sharing the resources entrusted to us by our children, using some combination of public projects and free, entrepreneurial use of the resulting engineering to pursue happiness.

Perhaps that will coincide with the generation that allows their brothers and sisters to each pursue their own brand of 'happiness'.

-Joe

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...o-you-feel-about-jury-duty-3.html#post1206681

I hear you Joe.

But by the time you have to pay out, that $1 is going to be worth a fortune. :lol:

Seeing that everyone who lives in Alaska apparently owns all of the natural resources of Alaska and then rents the rights to exploit those resources to oil companies, then I think that is the group you are talking about.

I WIN!

In the event that neither of these reimbursements are possible (bummer dude), I ask that you share some of your popcorn.

Fair enough, brother. Let me know when you believe we've made it. In the mean time, here are the 28. The corn is always for sharing.

-Joe

Last edited:

I WIN!

Fair enough, brother. Let me know when you believe we've made it. In the mean time, here are the 28.

-Joe

Oh...I don't believe that we will ever make it. As humans, we are not smart enough not to destroy ourselves.

I WIN!

Fair enough, brother. Let me know when you believe we've made it. In the mean time, here are the 28.

-Joe

Oh...I don't believe that we will ever make it. As humans, we are not smart enough not to destroy ourselves.

I once had hopes that it was otherwise.

-Joe

I hear you Joe.

But by the time you have to pay out, that $1 is going to be worth a fortune. :lol:

It is a bet that would be worth losing. Can you imagine the tranquility in knowing your world and people are going to thrive?

Gives new meaning to Rest In Peace.

-Joe

I WIN!

Fair enough, brother. Let me know when you believe we've made it. In the mean time, here are the 28. The corn is always for sharing.

-Joe

Bummer, Dude.

Listening to people in forums like this.

Just remember that the folks with common sense & hope are usually counted among the silent majority... As long as the patient is breathing there is hope that the self inflected wounds will heal.

What doesn't kill mankind makes him stronger.

-Joe

Forum List

Back