Perham's back, well, kind of

Perham

Rookie
Dec 16, 2008
Irkala
Hi,
I'm Perham. an Iranian living in Tehran. I was 21 when I joined here and now I'm 24. I haven't been here for almost 3 years now and during this time many things have changed. 3 years ago, I could probably write everything I wanted here without anyone noticing it in iran, now, cyber police is monitoring everything. 3 years ago, I was still under pressure of unfair law repressing me and my fellow iranians, but I had hope that we're gonna fix it. now, that hope is almost gone. after severe crackdown specially on young and talented iranians, including student movements, many of us have given up every dream that we had about the future of iran. freedom seems unreachable to many, and many have left iran. less than a quarter of my friends are still in iran and those who plan to stay are even less than that. many of my friends stopped all their political activities after being threatened or after they served jail time for stating their opinion. that's the situation as it is today in this country.
now, I'm gonna be back. I wouldn't probably be as active as I was before, but I keep reading the forum frequently and I would participate in discussions I find interesting, although there are many security measures I have to take into account now.

feel free to message me about anything, that's probably the most secure way to discuss critical issues.

P.S. I wanted to thank those of you who remembered me during this time and even though I wasn't active, still didn't forget me. ;)

Old saying that might make you feel better. One man and the truth is a majority. I hope you see the end of minority rule in Iran soon

Welcome back to USMB, Perham.

Good Luck to you and your fellow countrymen.

welcome back....hope may be all you have right now.....but hope is a great motivator....i hope things go well for you and your country.....

Forum List

Back