perennial kennedy coatholder named to u.s. senate by spineless MA governor

The commonwealth is generally democratic, so . . .? What's the surprise here?

The system should be the same in every state. Special election to fill the seat, with an interim appointment made by the governor, with the requirement the governor appoint someone of the same party as the person elected to the office.

The system should be the same in every state. Special election to fill the seat, with an interim appointment made by the governor, with the requirement the governor appoint someone of the same party as the person elected to the office.

states have the sole right to control their own procedures vis a vis election law.

states have the sole right to control their own procedures vis a vis election law.

Which is why I said that's how it should be. I know that there is no way to enforce it.

Do people vote for a person or a party?

You are saying party, ergo why bother even putting a name on a ballot, just have everyone vote either 'd' or 'r'.

What you and Jill both did here is something i often speak about, you tried to make an excuse for something you know is wrong because it helps the party you like.

That is exactly why i reject political parties.

What was done here is unethical.

Changing the rules so you can have your way all the time is not a way the USA should operate.

No, I'm not making an excuse for what I know is wrong at all. I'm asking what is wrong with making sure the people of Massachusetts are represented by the ideology they voted for?

I thought people vote for a person, not an ideology? :confused:
That sounds pretty naive after years of partisan politics. Why do you think that?

No, I'm not making an excuse for what I know is wrong at all. I'm asking what is wrong with making sure the people of Massachusetts are represented by the ideology they voted for?

I thought people vote for a person, not an ideology? :confused:
That sounds pretty naive after years of partisan politics. Why do you think that?

I don't know why you think it sounds naive... Not everyone is governed by party loyalty...

If more people did their homework on the candidate and not the candidate's party, maybe we'd have less partisan politics...

Forum List

Back